+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa from UAE

Zoya M

Jan 24, 2022
Hi,

Just trying to see if anyone else in a similar situation looking for a timeline .
I had applied in Dec 2020 while still engaged to my now husband who is a canadian citizen. Did biometrics inJan 2021 but no update.
Then I reapplied for a visitor visa again in Nov 2022 as per new guidelines to meet an immediate family member. Did my biometrics again in Jan 22 as they said first one was not clear. my husband has also simultaneously applied for my spouse visa. what should i expect from now on?

zoya

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Just trying to see if anyone else in a similar situation looking for a timeline .
I had applied in Dec 2020 while still engaged to my now husband who is a canadian citizen. Did biometrics inJan 2021 but no update.
Then I reapplied for a visitor visa again in Nov 2022 as per new guidelines to meet an immediate family member. Did my biometrics again in Jan 22 as they said first one was not clear. my husband has also simultaneously applied for my spouse visa. what should i expect from now on?

zoya
Spouse visa doesn’t exist. Do you mean your spouse has applied for family sponsorship? You had to update you file no matter what when you got married. Your TRV is being processed but there are still no guarantees that a TRV will be issued. There is a much better chance than before Covid where chances were almost zero but all you can do is wait to see if you will be approced or refused.

Zoya M

Jan 24, 2022
Spouse visa doesn’t exist. Do you mean your spouse has applied for family sponsorship? You had to update you file no matter what when you got married. Your TRV is being processed but there are still no guarantees that a TRV will be issued. There is a much better chance than before Covid where chances were almost zero but all you can do is wait to see if you will be approced or refused.
Thank you for responding. Sorry yes it’s family sponsorship :)
Got a call from the immigration office here in UAE and they asked me to repeat biometrics for trv as last times wasn’t clear . So did that and also sent a follow up mail to them . They responded it has been updated . No movement since then . I have almost given up on trv .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for responding. Sorry yes it’s family sponsorship :)
Got a call from the immigration office here in UAE and they asked me to repeat biometrics for trv as last times wasn’t clear . So did that and also sent a follow up mail to them . They responded it has been updated . No movement since then . I have almost given up on trv .
The system changed in September and processing is now after. As a tourist your original application didn’t get processed because you didn’t qualify to travel and weren’t part of the priority group. You should hear relatively soon whether you are approved or refused. You needed to do the biometrics for sponsorship so it needed to get done. Sometimes the finger prints aren’t good enough although they usually get an error message on the spot.

Zoya M

Jan 24, 2022
No I did the biometrics for visit visa for the new trv I applied in Nov 21 the same month I applied for family sponsorship.

rv2022

Jan 28, 2022
Hi . I applied for trv for my infant son in nov in the new portal from UAE . I had earlier applied in gc key in Aug 2021. No updates on either . I am not sure a biometrics is needed for an infant . But nothing is moving . Any approvals for nov files ?

Zoya M

Jan 24, 2022
You know surprisingly I have been called by the immigration team thrice since Nov 21 . Once I uploaded a wrong receipt . Then on 5th Jan they called me to refund since I paid twice for my biometrics. I did my biometrics on 10th Jan . They sent a mail Acknowledging on Wednesday.
What does your status show ?

rv2022

Jan 28, 2022
You know surprisingly I have been called by the immigration team thrice since Nov 21 . Once I uploaded a wrong receipt . Then on 5th Jan they called me to refund since I paid twice for my biometrics. I did my biometrics on 10th Jan . They sent a mail Acknowledging on Wednesday.
What does your status show ?
It says application is under process and we will let you know . Under eligibility it says we are checking you eligibility and biometrics it say not required . What about yours

Zoya M

Jan 24, 2022
It shows the same but my biometrics number has been updated . I usually get mails for further action .

babuness9794

Aug 2, 2018
Hello, as of today processing time is showing as 45days on the IRCC website. Below is my timeline for Canada Visitor visa application.

Application submitted: 21April2022
Acknowledgment of receipt: 21April2022
Request to go for Biometrics: 22April2022
Biometrics submitted: 28April2022 (@VFS)
Biometrics updated in IRCC: 28April2022

Still waiting for the request to submit the passport.
If anyone else has any kind of update, please do post it.
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, as of today processing time is showing as 45days on the IRCC website. Below is my timeline for Canada Visitor visa application.

Application submitted: 21April2022
Acknowledgment of receipt: 21April2022
Request to go for Biometrics: 22April2022
Biometrics submitted: 28April2022 (@VFS)
Biometrics updated in IRCC: 28April2022

Still waiting for the request to submit the passport.
If anyone else has any kind of update, please do post it.
Thank you.
Processing times are only estimates.