+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa from russia estimated time

notjedy

Feb 9, 2023
hello! i applied for a visitor visa in may 2023 asking to travel to canada to visit my boyfriend in september 2023. i did my biometrics and have been waiting since then. the estimated time for this visa shows to be about 411 days which is not only insane to me for a simple visitor visa, but it’s also far off the date i asked for a visit. is there anything that i can do to remind them about my visa since i would prefer to travel in september or should i settle for travelling later and not disturb them? also if anyone here has applied for a visitor visa from russia in the recent months/years could you please share how long it took you to get it? thank you :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello! i applied for a visitor visa in may 2023 asking to travel to canada to visit my boyfriend in september 2023. i did my biometrics and have been waiting since then. the estimated time for this visa shows to be about 411 days which is not only insane to me for a simple visitor visa, but it’s also far off the date i asked for a visit. is there anything that i can do to remind them about my visa since i would prefer to travel in september or should i settle for travelling later and not disturb them? also if anyone here has applied for a visitor visa from russia in the recent months/years could you please share how long it took you to get it? thank you :)
They cannot expedite based on your travel plans. If not passed processing times no reason to contact them.

LuckyRoko

Jul 1, 2023
Вы говорите по русски? Я россиянка , подала из ю.кореи 9-го мая, срок ожидания 51 дней. На днях догоню уже этот срок , а никаких обновлений нет.. тишина.. По моим статистикам - индийцам выдают визы в первую очередь мне кажется(( обидно
В моем случае я подумываю написать имейл соответсвующим лицам после того как перескочу срок ожидания.
Говорят что если куаэт давали (сейчас перестали) украинцам за 3-4 месяца, то россиянам ждать больше этого срока - это естественно типа
А то что у вас планы на сентябрь - их никак это не волнует к сожалению. Все что мы можем делать это ждать..

RusRN

Oct 10, 2023
Hi there, I am just curious if you've made it here in Canada. My wife is Russian and we are planning to get her a Visitor Visa, although we already have applied for her PR. I hope you successfully made it here and still spending time with your partner.

notjedy

Feb 9, 2023
Hi there, I am just curious if you've made it here in Canada. My wife is Russian and we are planning to get her a Visitor Visa, although we already have applied for her PR. I hope you successfully made it here and still spending time with your partner.
hello! unfortunately i haven’t gotten any news since i made the post, so we’re planning to meet in Turkey while we wait. i have heard people say some get their visas earlier than the estimated time but not most. i hope you’re able to see each other soon though, it’s unfortunate that it’s such a difficult and long process :(

RusRN

Oct 10, 2023
So sad you didn't get it before September, however, it is still for sure under processing and eventually you will come to Canada. Turkey is a good idea for now, that's where I met my now wife the first time :). I am not 100% confident that my wife will be able to come here in december, considering how slow the process is, but yeah, I still hope for a positive outcome after we apply. Please do update us in the thread, I will also share ours. Spasiva, khoroshego dnya.

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Guys, I speak Russian also and based on my experience, it's taking long time now, since many people apply having a Russian passport.

When it's taking too long, here whats need to be done to speed up the process:
If somebody who applied has friends or relatives in Canada, this person has to contact the local deputee in Canada from his region. Deputee secretary can help to speed up the process, as they have connections with Canadian immigration. You need to explain the whole situation especially when it comes with reuniting families. They will ask the UCI number and Visa application number.

To find the local deputee, you can use this website:

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023
Hi,

My father applied in March 2022 and only got his visitor visa in late March 2023. In the invitation letter I mentioned that he is visiting to attend my wedding in Canada yet they issued his visa many months after the wedding passed. IRCC does not care about your plans and timelines at all unfortunately. Hope you got your visa on time

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Hi,

My father applied in March 2022 and only got his visitor visa in late March 2023. In the invitation letter I mentioned that he is visiting to attend my wedding in Canada yet they issued his visa many months after the wedding passed. IRCC does not care about your plans and timelines at all unfortunately. Hope you got your visa on time
Hello. It's true they don't care anymore, but they still ask you about the purpose of visit or the dates when you plan to visit.

They are still behind with all the visas. Last year they had a backlog of about 2.5 million visas and among that, 1.4 million was TRV visas.

Reactions: _V_K_

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys, I speak Russian also and based on my experience, it's taking long time now, since many people apply having a Russian passport.

When it's taking too long, here whats need to be done to speed up the process:
If somebody who applied has friends or relatives in Canada, this person has to contact the local deputee in Canada from his region. Deputee secretary can help to speed up the process, as they have connections with Canadian immigration. You need to explain the whole situation especially when it comes with reuniting families. They will ask the UCI number and Visa application number.

To find the local deputee, you can use this website:

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en
An MP can not speed up processing especially if processing is within normal limits or influence outcome. An MP can inquire about the status of your application and if the process is taking much longer than average then they can often find out what is delaying processing and may able to get processing moving again.