+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa from inside Canada

Castmallards

Nov 29, 2022
Hey,

I'm an international student who applied for my visitor visa because my previous one expired. I applied from inside Canada on the 4th of November and it said 17 days of processing time then on the 22nd it said reviewing eligibility and now it's the 29th of November and I haven't gotten an update. Does anyone know how much longer it's going to take and what I can do if I don't get an answer in time?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey,

I'm an international student who applied for my visitor visa because my previous one expired. I applied from inside Canada on the 4th of November and it said 17 days of processing time then on the 22nd it said reviewing eligibility and now it's the 29th of November and I haven't gotten an update. Does anyone know how much longer it's going to take and what I can do if I don't get an answer in time?

Thanks
No one can tell you how long as the 17 days is an estimate. If you check today the processing time has probably changed. All you can do is wait. If you don’t get an answer then change travel plans.

Reactions: Castmallards

rani3110

Dec 22, 2022
Hey,

Thanks
Hi have you received the visa yet? How many days did it finally take?

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Same situation and I did mine on Aug 29 and am still waiting today - 115 days. Mine hasn't started to review eligibility as yet!

Last edited:

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Hey,

Thanks
Any progress yet? I just moments ago applied for my GCMS notes to nudge them hopefully.

Castmallards

Nov 29, 2022
Hey,

Thanks
Applied - November 4, 2022
Reviewing Eligibility - November 22, 2022
Request for the passport - December 2, 2022
Sent passport - December 2, 2022
Final decision (approved) - December 12, 2022
Passport Dispatched from Ottaw - December 16, 2022
Passport Received - December 19, 2022

Castmallards

Nov 29, 2022
Same situation and I did mine on Aug 29 and am still waiting today - 115 days. Mine hasn't started to review eligibility as yet!
This was my timeline sorry if its late

Reactions: newuser86

Castmallards

Nov 29, 2022
Hi yes, I did. Sorry for the late reply

This was my timeline

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
This was my timeline sorry if its late
That's great! I am happy for you. I am still waiting without any update as yet. I have stopped counting the days because it's just depressing. My sick uncle has passed away and couldn't see him nor pay my last respects.

Papilus

Mar 20, 2021
I am applying for a visitor's visa for my mother inlaw but it is asking for her finances(how much she has in her account) how much does she need to have in her bank account please?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am applying for a visitor's visa for my mother inlaw but it is asking for her finances(how much she has in her account) how much does she need to have in her bank account please?
The amount should be enough to cover for her visit like travel costs, travel insurance, boarding and lodging and food expenses etc. So add up cost of travel tickets + insurance + number of days * cost of hotel in your area (even if she will stay with you+ + food cost for the duration of stay + cost of sightseeing if you are claiming sightseeing in your application + some amount for incidental expenses. Once you arrive at a number add 3-4K above that to be safe.

Ideally, the applicant should be able to visit Canada without any financial help from you.

Papilus

Mar 20, 2021
The amount should be enough to cover for her visit like travel costs, travel insurance, boarding and lodging and food expenses etc. So add up cost of travel tickets + insurance + number of days * cost of hotel in your area (even if she will stay with you+ + food cost for the duration of stay + cost of sightseeing if you are claiming sightseeing in your application + some amount for incidental expenses. Once you arrive at a number add 3-4K above that to be safe.

Ideally, the applicant should be able to visit Canada without any financial help from you.
Thank you so much for your reply.
She is retired and has a store but I am the one sponsoring everything.
Is it also advisable that I do supervisa or visiting visa?
My wife is in school and also works while I work and we have 2 kids

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply.
She is retired and has a store but I am the one sponsoring everything.
Is it also advisable that I do supervisa or visiting visa?
My wife is in school and also works while I work and we have 2 kids
If you want IRCC to consider your funds, then applying for supervisa is better. In case of visitor visa even if you say that you will pay for everything IRCC may not consider that, and it is always advisable that the applicant has his or her own funds.

Reactions: Papilus

Papilus

Mar 20, 2021
If you want IRCC to consider your funds, then applying for supervisa is better. In case of visitor visa even if you say that you will pay for everything IRCC may not consider that, and it is always advisable that the applicant has his or her own funds.
Thank you so much

bazzzz

Feb 19, 2023
I applied the 6th of December 2022 from qatar, I'm moroccan and I still waiting
Made the biometric 11 December 2022 and still into this moment didn't receive anything
We are 23 of February 2023 so it's been more than 2 and half months and nothing
Is it normal?I need to know if they will reject my visa request, at least I can apply for spain again, as I already have it before
Can someone help please