+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa from India

PBSahni

Feb 15, 2018
Hi,
What are the chances of getting a visitor visa for my father in law in present circumstances? He is 74 years old and handicapped. He is working as a consultant in Delhi. He is alone there since his caretaker left due to covid situation. and so we want to get him here for some time. Are new visa applications being accepted?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi,
What are the chances of getting a visitor visa for my father in law in present circumstances? He is 74 years old and handicapped. He is working as a consultant in Delhi. He is alone there since his caretaker left due to covid situation. and so we want to get him here for some time. Are new visa applications being accepted?
Apply for a supervisa instead. The financial obligations will be placed on you - the resident in Canada - to prove financial ability to support your father. You'll still need to provide proof of what obligations and ties he has in his home country that will cause him to leave Canada, but a supervisa changes the balance slightly. You would also need to purchase medical insurance to cover his medical expenses in Canada. If he is handicapped, this will likely be either very expensive or very difficult, or both.

However, I must warn you: if he requires a caretaker, he is at a significant risk of being denied a visa because the visa officer will assume he will not leave Canada.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Really depends on his health. The other big issue is the inability to get his biometrics done. There is a good chance he will also require a medical which may not be possible or advisable during this time. Would focus on finding another caretaker for now.

Reactions: k.h.p.