+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Jesse_mj

Dec 28, 2019
My extended family member applied for a visitor visa with travel exemption on July 08, 2021 and got his biometrics done on July 15, I am hopeful to hear something by August 15 as he is also fully vaccinated. Anyone else got any update in similar circumstances? From what I have seen in similar cases response time is less in fact its usually around 30 days since the completion of biometrics.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Application Date: July 7, 2021
Biometrics requested: July 8, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: July 28, 2021 (at Chennai)
Country of residence: India(TRV applied outside Canada)
Applicant is my Mother.
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): “Other COVID-19” (Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian PR holder. To be present during the significant moment of the birth of our first grandchild)
Raised Travel Excemption Webform : Aug 6
Passport Request: Aug 10

This forum has been very helpful.Got so much of inputs from everyone.Thanks much everyone.

All the very best guys.Believe in GOD strongly .He will make it happen for sure.
Can you please confirm if you applied for regular TRV or some other exception class? I have also applied for my parents TRV and had their biometerics completed on Aug 3rd. Have no clue on what's gonna happen next except waiting. Any suggestions on raising web form for expediting the visa? Thanks!

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
I applied as Regular TRV .Not under compassionate grounds.I didn't submit any form to PHAC.
Mentioned the reason as family reunification,as it's been almost a year since we have been together ,also I am expecting my first child so I want my mom to be with me during this crucial period.
I am PR holder and my husband is a Canadian citizen.My mom is fully vaccinated with two dosages of Covidshield vaccine.I mentioned these and submitted the necessary docs for proof.

Along with those docs ,I have attached the merged PDF of my 6 months pregnancy report .I didn't get any personalized letter from our gynaecologist or Obstetrician too.

Yes you can raise the webform to prioritize your application.But I am not sure how well it will help you.Because I got a mail from IRCC to raise travel excemption webform , after that only I submitted the webform.But I didn't get any reply for the webform which I have raised.Below is the link to submit the webform for travel excemption
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis
You can give a try.

Reactions: nabil elamin

reshma.sayeed

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
I applied as Regular TRV .Not under compassionate grounds.I didn't submit any form to PHAC.
Mentioned the reason as family reunification,as it's been almost a year since we have been together ,also I am expecting my first child so I want my mom to be with me during this crucial period.
I am PR holder and my husband is a Canadian citizen.My mom is fully vaccinated with two dosages of Covidshield vaccine.I mentioned these and submitted the necessary docs for proof.

Along with those docs ,I have attached the merged PDF of my 6 months pregnancy report .I didn't get any personalized letter from our gynaecologist or Obstetrician too.

Yes you can raise the webform to prioritize your application.But I am not sure how well it will help you.Because I got a mail from IRCC to raise travel excemption webform , after that only I submitted the webform.But I didn't get any reply for the webform which I have raised.Below is the link to submit the webform for travel excemption
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis
You can give a try.
How to apply GCMS notes?

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
I had applied for my parent's TRV in Jan 2021. The only movement that we could have so far was getting their biometerics completed on Aug 3rd. Is anyone sailing in same boat currently, specifically with the same timelines? Does anyone know if approvals have started coming for TRV for normal visa processing, not the ones where people raise COvid Exemption web forms. Thanks!

reshma.sayeed

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
I had applied for my parent's TRV in Jan 2021. The only movement that we could have so far was getting their biometerics completed on Aug 3rd. Is anyone sailing in same boat currently, specifically with the same timelines? Does anyone know if approvals have started coming for TRV for normal visa processing, not the ones where people raise COvid Exemption web forms. Thanks!
Same for me I applied my mom's visa in November 2020 but no response. She completed her bio metrics in March 2021

Reactions: ertarun

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
I believe travel ban is for India, my parents are traveling from U.A.E and their visa application is from U.A.E as well. I dont think the travel ban affects their application hopefully.
Hello please did you end up getting Passport Request for your parents.

My husband also got PHAC and our application has been with them since July 12th 2021. I expected the Visa will be out by now based on PHAC

Vikram_GTA

Aug 14, 2020
did you receive the email letter after submitting Webform to prioritize the application ? or did they approach you on their own ?

I sent webform for parents application on July 28, and no update so far.
Hi,
We are in the same boat, applied in October 2020 for parents, They just got the biometrics done this week, we are hoping to get some thing soon...
please do you let us know if you receive some update on your file. It will give us some hope..
All the best

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello please did you end up getting Passport Request for your parents.

My husband also got PHAC and our application has been with them since July 12th 2021. I expected the Visa will be out by now based on PHAC
The situation is a lot more complicated when a spouse is involved. A TRV is still difficult to get because a spouse has many more reason why they will not leave Canada after the birth. Are you in the process of sponsoring your spouse?

Harshkp

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Hi,
We are in the same boat, applied in October 2020 for parents, They just got the biometrics done this week, we are hoping to get some thing soon...
please do you let us know if you receive some update on your file. It will give us some hope..
All the best
Thanks !!
Will keep you posted.

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
Can I apply for my visitors visa for my parents without receiving the PR card, I have received the copr in April. PR card still awaited.

Sep 1, 2020
Hi,
All the best
How did you booked appointment for Biometrics from India ?