+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hey! So I’ve been processing Trv for my parents. They recently gave their biometrics from Dubai. I also submitted PHAC. I have received a PHAC approval letter along with a request for itinerary in CIC portal.

Question: The request or itinerary letter mentions that it is a single entry visa for 90 days and the itinerary is mandating that we book a direct flight to Canada. 1) Is the “direct flight” always the mandate? I don’t see many direct flights. 2) If I ask my parents to travel via PHAC, will their normal TRV still get processed behind the scene?

Any insight would be appreciated! TIA
Hi, I am also in similar situation. Can you please tell how long it took you to receive travel Itinerary request from IRCC after PHAC approval and biometric completion??

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
Unfortunately people seem to be incorrectly applying for PHAC to come to Canada to meet their new grandchild instead of applying for a normal TRV which isn’t the correct use of a PHAC. IRCC seems to be approving the PHAC but requiring biometrics for these cases. PHACs are really for an emergency and not meant for travel over many years so it is a single entry visa. Your parents will need to apply for a regular TRV or supervisa for any future visits.

For other parents of pregnant women please apply for a normal TRV or supervisa. You can then email IRCC for priority processing because parents of PRs and citizens are exempt from travel restrictions.
This is by no means an incorrect PHAC Application. There are situations in pregnancy that call for critical care and PHAC is the only option. I’d appreciate if people can refrain from such comments that are useless.

Like I mentioned I had applied for a normal TRV. I had to apply for PHAC on top of it due to an emergency which physicians here and CIC seem to agree with. I just needed clarification on a couple of things that were requested in the itinerary. If you don’t have answers, please don’t bother to comment.

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
Hi, I am also in similar situation. Can you please tell how long it took you to receive travel Itinerary request from IRCC after PHAC approval and biometric completion??
I received both PHAC approval and itinerary request on the same date they gave biometrics.

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
Congrats, the request for itinerary letter is the last step of this process. There is only 1 direct flight operating between India and Canada right now, which is Delhi to Toronto. Just make sure to book that one. It's okay if you have a domestic leg before that flight in your itinerary, e.g. Mumbai > Delhi > Toronto.

Once you send them your itinerary you should have an approved single-entry TRV (~90 days) in a few days.
Thank you! That helps. I’m hearing that the itinerary gets printed on the single entry travel document. Do you know if we can reschedule our flights (To and Fro) if they are unavailable for any reason? Also, since I have a normal TRV that is in progress, do you know if that will still get processed parallelly?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please clarify where in the PHAC letter it says whether or not Biometrics step is waived? My parent arrived to Canada a few weeks ago after PHAC + travel itinerary letter, followed by single-entry TRV. I'm looking at their PHAC, etc. and there is no mention of Biometrics being waived or not waived anywhere. So as far as I can tell, anyone who has received an itinerary request after PHAC has Biometrics waived? Why would they request an itinerary if they still want Biometrics?
Perhaps they were part of the initial applications?

Naveen3777

Apr 15, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have applied Visitor Visa for my Mother-in-law, and also applied PHAC on April 14th.
Wanted to know how long it will take to get response for PHAC application? please share if you know aprox days?

Biometric : Not done yet, booked appointment in nepal, waiting for reply from PHAC application, will clarify bio is necessary or not
PHAC Reason: Pregnancy

Thanks

Feb 3, 2021
A spouse being pregnant means that your parents can't quarantine with you unless you have a separate area like a basement so there is no reason they can't go to a quarantine hotel.
Hi
Hi, Did anyone's parents received their TRV approval based on PHAC exemption in March/April 2021??
My parents visa got approved .they have asked for passport submission and we did but not sure how long they will take for stamping .Phac expiring on 1st may 2021.

Feb 3, 2021
Can you please clarify where in the PHAC letter it says whether or not Biometrics step is waived? My parent arrived to Canada a few weeks ago after PHAC + travel itinerary letter, followed by single-entry TRV. I'm looking at their PHAC, etc. and there is no mention of Biometrics being waived or not waived anywhere. So as far as I can tell, anyone who has received an itinerary request after PHAC has Biometrics waived? Why would they request an itinerary if they still want Biometrics?
Hi

Did they quarantine in hotel for 3 days or they were approved for exemption for quarantine for limited release that is your home address.please let me know

Thank you

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi

My parents visa got approved .they have asked for passport submission and we did but not sure how long they will take for stamping .Phac expiring on 1st may 2021.
Congratulations. Thank you for your response. Can you pls tell me your timeline on how long it took from PHAC approval, Biometric & Visa approval notice?

samrakaran

Jan 9, 2014
@jaydevadhikari Can you please share what reason you provided for your mother & motherinlaw to travel to Canada, I mean what was purpose of visit: to re-unite with family?? or something else
Any help will be highly appreciated

samrakaran

Jan 9, 2014
@KHJN Can you please share what reason you provided for your mother & father to travel to Canada, I mean what was purpose of visit: to re-unite with family?? or something else
Any help will be highly appreciated

dibs.ab

Mar 15, 2021
PHAC approval took about 3-5 workdays, and itinerary request came in another 3-5 workdays after that. I did not send any email to IRCC – only filled out compassionate entry application after having medical letter of support.

dibs.ab

Mar 15, 2021
Thank you! That helps. I’m hearing that the itinerary gets printed on the single entry travel document. Do you know if we can reschedule our flights (To and Fro) if they are unavailable for any reason? Also, since I have a normal TRV that is in progress, do you know if that will still get processed parallelly?
Yes, your day of travel and flight numbers are printed on the TRV. I'm not sure about rescheduling, but I would definitely not risk doing so. I'd recommend you have a firm date in mind, and book it accordingly.

Ah, no your normal TRV will not get processed separately – the PHAC and itinerary are in fact in support of your existing TRV application! So once they send you the single-entry TRV, your application will close. IRCC has said they can refund Biometrics fee but I've not contacted them for that yet.

Reactions: tharakesh

dibs.ab

Mar 15, 2021
Perhaps they were part of the initial applications?
That is possible. What I have seen happening is that – after PHAC – some people are getting itinerary request, whereas others are getting another letter saying they still need to submit missing documents – i.e. Biometrics. The latter happened with one of my close friends also. So my assumption is that anyone who gets itinerary request after PHAC is 100% going to get a single-entry TRV.

Last edited: