+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Mark A.

Jan 28, 2019
Hi All, I’ve applied for a visitor visa as well for my parent and been waiting for more than 6 months. The application is being processed in Turkey. Biometrics has been completed back in December and no update since them as the application seems to require more background check. Last time I mailed them, they mentioned due to covid they have a limited capacity to process application. Please advice what can be done to speed up the process in case of urgency! Thank you!

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
So if your spouse is a citizen go to the checklist on the travel to Canada/family reunification site and make sure you have all the correct documents to board.
Okay. Do you happen to know if u r travelling on trv, does one must have a round trip ticket or is it okay to just come on a one way ticket?? And later buy the return ticket after u land in Canada? As on trv, we can just stay for 6 months

reshma.sayeed

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Hi All, My Mom completed Bio Metrics from Dubai 2 days back. What is the next process? do i need to wait? or write email to IRCC?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay. Do you happen to know if u r travelling on trv, does one must have a round trip ticket or is it okay to just come on a one way ticket?? And later buy the return ticket after u land in Canada? As on trv, we can just stay for 6 months
CBSA will determine at port of entry, the length of your stay up to 6 months. Most get 6 months. Always best to have a return with a good refund/exchange policy since you are coming on a visitor visa. But you can enter on a one-way, your choice.

Reactions: felicialiu

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If someone has approval for limited release under compassionate ground to take care of canadian citizen /pr will she/be exempt from mandatory 3 day quarantine ?I read that on narcity article.wanted to know if someone has traveled under compassionate grounds without 3 day hotel rule.

List is vauge
A spouse being pregnant means that your parents can't quarantine with you unless you have a separate area like a basement so there is no reason they can't go to a quarantine hotel.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you sure that we need Biometrics even with PHAC?
Yes IRCC seems to be asking for it for cases that aren't really normally considered PHAC. Normal pregnancy when someone has their spouse present is not usually considered for PHAC. People would like their family member to be in Canada but this isn't a life or death situation, a final goodbye like a funeral, etc. That is why one doctor was unwilling to fill out the PHAC.