+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
If anyone can help me about the forms,
5257 can be printed, signed, scanned and uploaded. As I had form 5645 and 5713 printed, scanned, signed and then upload, I thought 5257 can also be done same way.
Please let me know if its okay either way or 5257 has to be uploaded directly.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
If anyone can help me about the forms,
5257 can be printed, signed, scanned and uploaded. As I had form 5645 and 5713 printed, scanned, signed and then upload, I thought 5257 can also be done same way.
Please let me know if its okay either way or 5257 has to be uploaded directly.
Both way are fine. As you need to sign application electronically so.

Manishrana1

Feb 18, 2021
I have got a question,
i have applied for my daughter visitor visa. i Am PR in Canada. Who really need PHAC approval. Bcz as much as I understood it’s only for compassionate ground approval? If anyone can apply for PHAC then what is the process to apply one?
thanks in advance!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have got a question,
i have applied for my daughter visitor visa. i Am PR in Canada. Who really need PHAC approval. Bcz as much as I understood it’s only for compassionate ground approval? If anyone can apply for PHAC then what is the process to apply one?
thanks in advance!!
Are you having Surgery? In palliative care? PHAC is really for time sensitive situations to allow people to come to Canada if there is a sudden hospitalization, funeral, someone is near death, etc.

Reactions: YVR123

Manishrana1

Feb 18, 2021
Are you having Surgery? In palliative care? PHAC is really for time sensitive situations to allow people to come to Canada if there is a sudden hospitalization, funeral, someone is near death, etc.
Ok, good to know, thank you. None of these situations work for me thankfully. I was just curious about PHAC. Thank u for replying!

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi
Can someone help me if Biometric fees has to be paid upfront while submitting online application.
I'm going to use my Canadian bank card for payment for my parents visa.
They will be doing biometrics in Dubai.
Will the centers there accept payment?
Or I should only pay visit visa fees for now.
Thank you
Please reply

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
This is not possible. In January some people were able to skip biometrics for visit visa with the help of PHAC. but IRCC has stopped that now. I sent an email to them and got a reply that we cannot skip biometrics for visit visa anymore. The only possible way is to travel outside India to do Biometrics or you can wait till its open in India
Thanks a lot.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hi
Can someone help me if Biometric fees has to be paid upfront while submitting online application.
I'm going to use my Canadian bank card for payment for my parents visa.
They will be doing biometrics in Dubai.
Will the centers there accept payment?
Or I should only pay visit visa fees for now.
Thank you
Please reply
Pay both upfront

Reactions: canuck78

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Does any one know if IRCC is even processing regular visitor visa's (Non PHAC). My situation :

Both my wife and I are Permanent residents since 2015, wife was pregnant, was visiting India and got stuck there during Covid related lockdowns last year, my twins were born in India. We got their passports made and applied for visitor visa on 23rd September 2020 and Family sponsorship on 17th December 2020. The PR card for my wife expired last year and to meet the residency obligation she needs to be back by June this year.

We got the PRTD for my wife but we have had no response on the Visitor visa for kids cos of which even my wife is not able to fly to Canada. I have tried filling out the web form online but get a standard automated response from IRCC to look at processing times etc. I try calling them starting 8 am during weekdays but the system is always at capacity and can't get past to a agent.

Not sure what options do I have but any advice is appreciated.

newgirly2020

Feb 19, 2021
Hello everyone,

Wanted to provide an update on my mother and mother-in-law's applications.

My mother-in-law (Visitor Visa) got a passport request yesterday, while for my mother (Super Visa) got a request for medical today.
Here are the timelines for each:

Mother-in-Law (Visitor Visa):
Application Submitted: December 22
Biometrics Request: December 24
Biometrics Completed: February 15th (at Nepal)
Email sent to IRCC for faster processing due to applicant being immediate family member of PR: March 7th
Passport Request: March 15th

Mother (Super Visa):
Application Submitted: January 4th
Biometrics Request: January 7th
Biometrics Completed: February 15th (at Nepal)
Email sent to IRCC for faster processing due to applicant being immediate family member of PR: March 7th
Medical Request: March 16th

newgirly2020

Feb 19, 2021
Hi Jay,

Congrats on getting the approval for your mother in law. My father also has applied in February 2021 and Biometrics done on March 2nd. So my father wants to email to IRCC to prioritize his application as he is the immediate family of me(his daughter) . I am a PR. My father wrote the purpose of visit in his application to visit my family, particularly to visit my son ( their first grandchild) who was born last year and to be with us during their first grandchild''s first birthday in May. My mother has a visitor visa
It will be helpful if you could tell me what you mentioned for " a detailed reason for travel " in your email to IRCC., at least a few hints or ideas. Please respond. Thanking you in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does any one know if IRCC is even processing regular visitor visa's (Non PHAC). My situation :

Both my wife and I are Permanent residents since 2015, wife was pregnant, was visiting India and got stuck there during Covid related lockdowns last year, my twins were born in India. We got their passports made and applied for visitor visa on 23rd September 2020 and Family sponsorship on 17th December 2020. The PR card for my wife expired last year and to meet the residency obligation she needs to be back by June this year.

We got the PRTD for my wife but we have had no response on the Visitor visa for kids cos of which even my wife is not able to fly to Canada. I have tried filling out the web form online but get a standard automated response from IRCC to look at processing times etc. I try calling them starting 8 am during weekdays but the system is always at capacity and can't get past to a agent.

Not sure what options do I have but any advice is appreciated.
Yes they are processing normal TRVs. I would send an email to the India covid email address about your application but a TRV for children of PRs are not guaranteed because they aren't temporary visitors and they want to remain in Canada. It is 50/50. Your wife would still have plenty of time left on her RO if she had only been stuck abroad for around a year due to covid.