+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Jul 20, 2020
I have applied for my parents visitor visa in January. They had received the letter for biometric.
If they go to dubai to get biometric done, any idea about the timeline for getting the visa stamped? Is PHAC necessary?
I just want to make sure that going to dubai is worth the effort, that after that the process would be fast
Any inputs would be very helpful. Thank you

NaVirk90

Sep 13, 2017
Hello everyone,

Wanted to provide an update on my mother and mother-in-law's applications.

My mother-in-law (Visitor Visa) got a passport request yesterday, while for my mother (Super Visa) got a request for medical today.
Here are the timelines for each:

Mother-in-Law (Visitor Visa):
Application Submitted: December 22
Biometrics Request: December 24
Biometrics Completed: February 15th (at Nepal)
Email sent to IRCC for faster processing due to applicant being immediate family member of PR: March 7th
Passport Request: March 15th

Mother (Super Visa):
Application Submitted: January 4th
Biometrics Request: January 7th
Email sent to IRCC for faster processing due to applicant being immediate family member of PR: March 7th
Medical Request: March 16th
Glad to see progress on both the applications for you. I am also trying for my parents visa.
You mentioned about biometrics completion at Nepal. Can you please share your experience? Like Did they need to do COVID test again at Nepal while returning to India? Or same COVID test from India was considered valid?

sapan0808

Dec 18, 2016
Hello everyone,

Wanted to provide an update on my mother and mother-in-law's applications.

My mother-in-law (Visitor Visa) got a passport request yesterday, while for my mother (Super Visa) got a request for medical today.
Here are the timelines for each:

Mother-in-Law (Visitor Visa):
Application Submitted: December 22
Biometrics Request: December 24
Passport Request: March 15th

Mother (Super Visa):
Application Submitted: January 4th
Biometrics Request: January 7th
Medical Request: March 16th
What email did you sent to them? And which email address was that? Can you please share as I’m on the same boat.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
What email did you sent to them? And which email address was that? Can you please share as I’m on the same boat.
Email was sent to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Here is the email format I sent. Please note that the email should be sent from the email id that was used to create the application and should be written from the perspective of the applicant:

To,
IRCC

I, <applicant name>, have recently applied for a <visa type: visitor/super visa>. I have been invited by <your name> - a Permanent Resident of Canada, who is my <relationship with PR holder>

I understand that immediate family members do not require an authorization letter to travel. I have also completed my biometrics. However, I am sending this email to request for my application to be prioritized as per the instructions on your website, given that I meet the travel exemptions set by IRCC.

Thank you for your time and consideration

your full name -
your date of birth -
if you have an application in process -
how you applied for your visa (online or by paper) -
your application number and unique client identifier (UCI) -
your passport number -
a detailed reason for travel -
the dates you plan to travel -
where you live now (current country of residence) -
your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time - Proof of relation with Permanent Resident of Canada

Reactions: sapan0808

the_walker

Sep 24, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
Email was sent to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Here is the email format I sent. Please note that the email should be sent from the email id that was used to create the application and should be written from the perspective of the applicant:

To,
IRCC

I, <applicant name>, have recently applied for a <visa type: visitor/super visa>. I have been invited by <your name> - a Permanent Resident of Canada, who is my <relationship with PR holder>

I understand that immediate family members do not require an authorization letter to travel. I have also completed my biometrics. However, I am sending this email to request for my application to be prioritized as per the instructions on your website, given that I meet the travel exemptions set by IRCC.

your full name -
your date of birth -
your passport number -
your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time - Proof of relation with Permanent Resident of Canada
First of all, congrats!! That was really helpful. A quick question, in the detailed reason for travel, did you happen to mention any critical reason for your mother and mother in laws visit which might have accelerated your application? Or was is it a simple invitation request from a Canadian PR resident(Yourself). I have a similar situation. Thank you for your inputs, really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018
The below needs to be entered in IMM 5257
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

PHAC application is a seperate step to expedite our visitor visa application.
Hi,

I submitted a visitor visa application form for my parents without mentioning 'COVID-19' in the purpose of travel section. The application was submitted back in Oct 2020. Is there a chance of my application still being prioritized?

Dec 21, 2018

To,
IRCC

your full name -
your date of birth -
your passport number -
Congrats! Did you mention 'COVID-19' as the purpose of travel in your application? I created mine a while back and did not menton this. The biometrics is completed and I dropped an email to the Authorization mailbox though.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Hi,

I submitted a visitor visa application form for my parents without mentioning 'COVID-19' in the purpose of travel section. The application was submitted back in Oct 2020. Is there a chance of my application still being prioritized?
Hi , Yes you can try sending an email to IRCC with all the details along with the PHAC authorization letter.Here is the link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#new

PHAC LETTER - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
The below needs to be entered in IMM 5257
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

PHAC application is a seperate step to expedite our visitor visa application.
Thanks

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
@Mac2015
Yes, I have submitted an application for PHAC approval just 5 minutes back. I really don't care even if it is a Single entry visa. Right now my wife needs her mother's support. Will do another application in the future if we get a single entry visa.

I really don't have any idea of how this PHCA approval helps us but I did submit.

Do you think this PHAC approval will speed up our Visitor visa application?
Can the place of quarantine be the same as the address where the care is needed when applying for PHAC approval?

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi @dsinghd Can you please explain what application method you’re using to extend your mother’s travel authorization? My mother is currently here in Canada with me, after she received the temporary (70-day) visa document via PHAC route. I‘m looking to extend her stay past the deadline of current travel authorization, as I’ll really need her help for some more weeks. I looked into the ‘visitor record’ method of visa extension, but it says current approximate processing time for that is 200+ days. What method are you using? Is it better to just create a new visa visitor application from scratch? Would it be the same procedure as the original visitor visa application?

Has anyone been able to extend their parent/relative’s PHAC-route stay after the arrived in Canada? Would appreciate any help you fine folks can provide!

P.S. I’ve been lurking this forum topic for the last couple of months, and just want to say thanks to everyone who has been sharing info about their processes. It’s been immensely helpful in bringing my mother to Canada at a critical time.
Hey , I have dropped the idea of visa extension at this point since she can stay upto 6 months. info source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/visa-validity-expiry-dates.html

so basically visa expiration date is the deadline for a person to enter canada, not the deadline to leave canada. 6 months period starts from the day person lands. Some other useful links: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=442&top=16

Whether it is single entry or multiple entry, you can stay for six months. Please see the following link
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1452

A visitor visa (also known as a temporary resident visa) is an official document citizens from visa-required countries need to get to travel to and enter Canada as a visitor for up to 6 months.

• We stick the visitor visain your passport.
    • It shows that you meet the requirements to enter Canada.
  • It includes the date by which you must arrive in Canada.
    • The date is not an expiry date for your stay in Canada.
  • If you apply for a study or work permit for the first time, you’ll automatically get a visitor visa when we approve your application.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Below are my timelines:-

Applied for TRV online: 7 Jan 2021
Applied for PHAC: 7 Jan 2021
PHAC approval: 8 Jan 2021(6 month validity)
Biometric request: 8 Jan 2021
Itinerary request from CIC: 12 Jan 2021
Submitted Itinerary to CIC; 17 Jan 2021
Visa approved: 19 Jan 2021
Congratulations!!

Did you complete the biometric as well?

Mar 16, 2021
Hey,
My whole family have a valid Canada visitors visa. My son is 7 years old and his visitors visa is expiring in April 2021. Please help me the process of drop box visa for visitors

Thank You