+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

dibs.ab

Mar 15, 2021
Hey , I have dropped the idea of visa extension at this point since she can stay upto 6 months. info source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/visa-validity-expiry-dates.html

so basically visa expiration date is the deadline for a person to enter canada, not the deadline to leave canada. 6 months period starts from the day person lands. Some other useful links: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=442&top=16

Whether it is single entry or multiple entry, you can stay for six months. Please see the following link
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1452

A visitor visa (also known as a temporary resident visa) is an official document citizens from visa-required countries need to get to travel to and enter Canada as a visitor for up to 6 months.

• We stick the visitor visain your passport.
    • It shows that you meet the requirements to enter Canada.
  • It includes the date by which you must arrive in Canada.
    • The date is not an expiry date for your stay in Canada.
  • If you apply for a study or work permit for the first time, you’ll automatically get a visitor visa when we approve your application.
Thanks, @dsinghd, these are very helpful links! Technically it makes sense that she can stay up to 6 months, but I'm still a tad concerned since this was not a normal TRV that she was issued. The fact that her itinerary itself is printed on the TRV, next to expiry date, makes me a tad nervous about just ignoring it and staying for 6 months, lol.

Reactions: dsinghd

anv87

Feb 1, 2018
My parents just landed at Pearson and I have a quick question - Where does it say how long the tourist visas are valid for ? In the US, you can look up the I94 online for this information. Is there something similar for Canada?

bryce343

Sep 6, 2013
My parents just landed at Pearson and I have a quick question - Where does it say how long the tourist visas are valid for ? In the US, you can look up the I94 online for this information. Is there something similar for Canada?
Just look at there passport expiration stamp... in most cases its 6 months om arrival with tourist visa ( though they can make it less if they want)

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Got Visitor Visa approval Today. Here is the time line
Applied from India
Applied date: Feb 1 2021
Biometrics letter: Feb 2 2021
PHAC applied: Feb 17 (Reason To support Pregnancy)
PHAC approval: Feb 18
Biometrics from Dubai: Mar 4
Passport Request: March 8
Hi
I wanted to know can we apply for phac with reason of support needed for pregnancy. If u can help it will be really great.

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
The validity is stamped on the visa itself. Usually visitor visas have 10 years of validity. And the person can stay upto 6 months at a time unless the CBSA Officer at the Port of entry stamps off the move out date on visa.

anv87

Feb 1, 2018
@samkh89

Copy pasting the steps that if followed (given to me by one of the members) - The only difference from the steps is that my parents were asked to d the medicals, but I did get a multiple entry 10 year (or so) tourist visa, not a single entry visa.

Hello,

Once you get that letter of support form filled through your doctor, you may need to register on the following link and attach that letter there. You will have to fill this for both your parents separately.

https://border-frontiere.powerappsportals.com/en-US/

Once you do this, you will receive a PHAC approval letter(usually the very next day)
This letter has an expiry date on it. So after you get this letter make sure to email this to the IRCC Covid exemption email ASAP stating that you have PHAc approval letter and that your wife needs support during post partum.

In usual circumstances, they will request you to send an itenary through CIC's website or through email( make sure to check both email and your CIC account). Following which you should book flights for your parents before the expiry of the PHAC approval letter because you cannot travel after that letter expires.

Once you send them the Itenary, they will send you the travel document. This is what I have understood from the forum. But I had a different experience. My moms biometrics was not completed before I emailed the PHAC approval letter so they asked us to do that. Once my mom completed the Biometrics, we immediately got the passport request. My PHAC letter will expire tomorrow. And since we got the passport request now, I am assuming that they will stamp the multiple entry visa on her passport and we will not need PHAC letter anymore.

If you get a travel authorization letter instead of passport request, you might get a single entry visa for 2,3 or 6 months(it depends). But you can extend that once you are here. Since you have already finished biometrics, I am not sure how they will process your file. Things changed a lot recently. A lot of ppl got away without biometrics in january but now they are not issuing travel authorization letter without it and instead are asking to submit passport for stamping.

You can try your luck and see how it goes. Theres no harm in trying. :)
I hope I helped you with your question.

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
@samkh89

Copy pasting the steps that if followed (given to me by one of the members) - The only difference from the steps is that my parents were asked to d the medicals, but I did get a multiple entry 10 year (or so) tourist visa, not a single entry visa.

Hello,

Once you get that letter of support form filled through your doctor, you may need to register on the following link and attach that letter there. You will have to fill this for both your parents separately.

https://border-frontiere.powerappsportals.com/en-US/

Once you do this, you will receive a PHAC approval letter(usually the very next day)
This letter has an expiry date on it. So after you get this letter make sure to email this to the IRCC Covid exemption email ASAP stating that you have PHAc approval letter and that your wife needs support during post partum.

In usual circumstances, they will request you to send an itenary through CIC's website or through email( make sure to check both email and your CIC account). Following which you should book flights for your parents before the expiry of the PHAC approval letter because you cannot travel after that letter expires.

Once you send them the Itenary, they will send you the travel document. This is what I have understood from the forum. But I had a different experience. My moms biometrics was not completed before I emailed the PHAC approval letter so they asked us to do that. Once my mom completed the Biometrics, we immediately got the passport request. My PHAC letter will expire tomorrow. And since we got the passport request now, I am assuming that they will stamp the multiple entry visa on her passport and we will not need PHAC letter anymore.

If you get a travel authorization letter instead of passport request, you might get a single entry visa for 2,3 or 6 months(it depends). But you can extend that once you are here. Since you have already finished biometrics, I am not sure how they will process your file. Things changed a lot recently. A lot of ppl got away without biometrics in january but now they are not issuing travel authorization letter without it and instead are asking to submit passport for stamping.

You can try your luck and see how it goes. Theres no harm in trying. :)
I hope I helped you with your question.
Thank you for your reply. Was helpful.
My parents have not got their biometrics done. Let's see how it goes.

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Woohoo! Got PPR for my daughter's TRV Application.
But now my daughter's Sponsorship application's medical is also passed and just waiting for PPR for that application as well.
What is advisable here ?

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Anybody recently mailed IRCC to expedite visa application based on compassionate grounds ? In how many days do you get a response ? Mail says processing time upto 14 days. I have PHAC expiring on 8th April and I dont see getting a reply with little breathing space before it.

sinaptik

Mar 24, 2021
I am confused about the PHAC request that is sent to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

My extended family member (girlfriend) is going to apply for a Canadian TRV in a week, from this page it states: "We’ll assess your reasons for travel and make a decision on your visitor visa and your written authorization at the same time."

In this situation, should I be sending an email to: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca ? Will this speed up the TRV application?

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
I am confused about the PHAC request that is sent to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

My extended family member (girlfriend) is going to apply for a Canadian TRV in a week, from this page it states: "We’ll assess your reasons for travel and make a decision on your visitor visa and your written authorization at the same time."

In this situation, should I be sending an email to: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca ? Will this speed up the TRV application?
Yes ... please provide all details as expected when you email them. Also attach your PHAC approval

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Hello All,
If a child lands in Canada on TRV whose parents are PR holders, how does the health canada system works for that child ? I mean do we have to buy medical insurance in order to visit doctor?