+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

sanllife

Mar 1, 2017
Me and my wife both are Permanent Residents in Canada.

Applying for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy (under compassionate reasons)

Question: What is the maximum duration that can be applied for under this category. Is it only 90 days or can we apply up to 180 days for the same?

Please note, I did go through this thread completely and can't find the answer for the same.

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Friends, we need some urgent help. my wife is applying for visa visa. She paid the fees of $185 (visa + biometrics fees) separately before starting the application using this link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17
She also received conformation email with the payment receipt.
However, when she started applying, there is a section called 'Pay Fees'. Does she have to pay again? And the fees paid earlier is gone to waste?

Ay help is greatly appreciated.

S.Amith

Aug 10, 2015
Are the VAC reopened in India? If I apply for my Mom's Visitor Visa now (PR myself), can she get biometrics done in India --> AS of today, VAC is not accepting biometrics for visitor visa .

I got PHAC approval today. Not sure of what is next step.. gathering information from this forum.
]Is there any other way that doesnt involve travelling to Dubai if VACs are closed --> I am also trying to avoid biometric and ( dubai trip) by PHAC and other documents if lucky ...
We were asked to submit biometrics too . My Mom got the biometrics done from Dubai today and got passport request within hours of that. I don't know if there is any other way out of it. Also the new quarantine rule is a hassle now. Can anyone share their experience of (parents) travelling to Canada recently. I am not sure if it is a good idea to make them fly right now? I read some bad experiences by traveler's who landed at Calgary airport in news the other day.

S.Amith

Aug 10, 2015
Finally Dads approval came in today..

Time line for my parents application as immediate family member of PR holder.
25nov online application
26nov biometrics taken
10dec biometrics completed for both
7feb approval and passport request only for mom and waiting for dad now..
9feb dads approval came in..
Note: did not add PHAC or any other form only sent email twice explaining the reason.
All the best everyone.
Hi,

Did they get their passports stamped? How long did it take to get it stamped? Can you share your experience please?

Thank you!

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
I got my parents' biometrics completed at Nepal yesterday. I have couple of questions:

1) For anyone who has recently received passport requests, can you share how long after biometric completion did you receive the request? And did you send an email to IRCC for prioritization of application?

2) I sent an email to IRCC for prioritizing the application as per their guidelines for informing them of applications already submitted for immediate family members of PR/citizens. I haven't received any reply yet (it's been almost 2 weeks). But I did receive a new message on the application called "Submission Confirmation". Has anyone else received this message without sending the email to IRCC? Does it mean anything?

anv87

Feb 1, 2018
@Johnparker You mentioned you got your PHAC approval? Did you email the IRCC Covid exemptions mail id or submit them via webform? Also, can you please let me know how long it took for the approval?

S.Amith

Aug 10, 2015
I got my parents' biometrics completed at Nepal yesterday. I have couple of questions:

1) For anyone who has recently received passport requests, can you share how long after biometric completion did you receive the request? And did you send an email to IRCC for prioritization of application?

2) I sent an email to IRCC for prioritizing the application as per their guidelines for informing them of applications already submitted for immediate family members of PR/citizens. I haven't received any reply yet (it's been almost 2 weeks). But I did receive a new message on the application called "Submission Confirmation". Has anyone else received this message without sending the email to IRCC? Does it mean anything?
Hey,

We received passport request within 24 hours of completing Biometrics. I would suggest that If you don't hear anything from them by tomorrow, try sending them an email. This would probably prioritize your application. I didn't have to send an email.

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
Thank you for info soomeet. I got email from IRCC. They are again asking Biomatric. Here is the detail they mentioned in the email ( in my IRCC account update)

" Good day,Please be advised you have not submitted all the required documents for us to assess your eligibility to be exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada. Therefore, we are unable to process your request.

If you wish to continue applying for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification, you need to resubmit your request and include the missing document(s):
(1) Biometrics .
We understand delays in obtaining them due to VAC closures. Please complete your biometric once your nearest biometricscollection service point is open.Once obtained, please resubmit your request to us by writing to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. In your email, please provide the following in the subject line and the body of the email: PHAC, your application number and UCI. "

so why did they ask Biometric even if we submitted PHAC approval ?

Did u get itinary request from CIC or IRCC ?

Did your parents completed biometri in past and just needed exemption for travelling or your parents were applied visitor visa first time ?
Looks like now they are asking Biometric completion. At my time they didnt asked me to complete Biometric rather they just sent itnerary request after PHAC approval. my mother didnt complete biomteric but if they are asking to complete now then may be you explore option of VAC in Nepal etc

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016

Hi Jaydev,
Can you give more details on how your parents were able to travel to Nepal for biometrics? I read online entry into Nepal from India is restricted due to COVID? also they are saying 14 days self quarantine ? I would appreciate any information as I am looking ways to get my parents biometric done asap.

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Hello everyone, we finally got the PHAC and the GC key account was updated within few hours. They have mentioned that they are unable to process the request for eTA as biometrics are missing!! Wasn’t the whole purpose of going through PHAC was to overcome the biometric challenges in India? Is someone else also in the same boat?

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi Jaydev,
Can you give more details on how your parents were able to travel to Nepal for biometrics? I read online entry into Nepal from India is restricted due to COVID? also they are saying 14 days self quarantine ? I would appreciate any information as I am looking ways to get my parents biometric done asap.
Following are the requirements:

1) India and Nepal have an air bubble agreement so there is no quarantine requirement

2) Air India and Nepal airlines are two airlines that operate Delhi-Kathmandy flights daily

3) You need to get an RT-PCR test done no more than 72 hours before your landing time at Nepal which you need to show both at Delhi and Nepal airport

4) Although this is not mentioned anywhere on any official site I could find but on the return leg, my parents were told that their India RT-PCR test won't be allowed even though it was within 72 hours of landing time in Delhi. After a lot of arguments they were asked to get a test done at the airport. They charges 5000 Nepali Rupees per person for the test for an expedited result - in 15 mins (I feel it was a bogus test and just a way to make money) and they were then allowed to board the flight.

Source: https://kathmandupost.com/national/2020/12/17/nepali-and-indian-air-travellers-don-t-have-to-stay-in-quarantine-says-nepal-airlines

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hello everyone, we finally got the PHAC and the GC key account was updated within few hours. They have mentioned that they are unable to process the request for eTA as biometrics are missing!! Wasn’t the whole purpose of going through PHAC was to overcome the biometric challenges in India? Is someone else also in the same boat?
Yes, I am in same boat. I was also under impression that PHAC approval will overcome biomatric issue but it won't .

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
I have applied for Dependent visitor visa, student permit for my kids, as my husband is in Canada on WP. PR is in progress OCT9 AOR. There is not much progress in both application. For visitor Visa, my SON is medical passed, but for me nothing changed.

jaisonraju01

Jul 7, 2014
BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I also applied for medical reason only. I will call them today to find out.
Hi, did you call them. What was the reason they told. I also got same message. How to correct this

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Hi, did you call them. What was the reason they told. I also got same message. How to correct this
I previously selected option 2 for the reason. Please select option 1 and you should be good. But I think all our efforts of getting the letter from doc and then the PHAC will be a waste of time. They have asked the biometrics for both my parents afterwards.