+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Yes, I am in same boat. I was also under impression that PHAC approval will overcome biomatric issue but it won't .
I will try calling them again tomorrow. Will post here

jaisonraju01

Jul 7, 2014
BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I previously selected option 2 for the reason. Please select option 1 and you should be good. But I think all our efforts of getting the letter from doc and then the PHAC will be a waste of time. They have asked the biometrics for both my parents afterwards.
what is option 1

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
what is option 1
I don’t remember exactly but when they ask you to select the reason for exemption there are 3 options. Select option 1. Also for site visit name on page 6, I wrote Not Applicable.

jaisonraju01

Jul 7, 2014
BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I previously selected option 2 for the reason. Please select option 1 and you should be good. But I think all our efforts of getting the letter from doc and then the PHAC will be a waste of time. They have asked the biometrics for both my parents afterwards.
ok. Thanks. How long your PHAC is valid for. Also what you have given in the expected arrival date

jaisonraju01

Jul 7, 2014
BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It’s valid for 6 months. Arrival in June
ok. Thanks for the response. your arrival is in june. is that the reason why cic told to take biometrics. because mostly by march-april biometrics will be open.

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Did anyone in this group receive a medical request for TRV? If yes, please let me know how long it took to get a decision after medical done.

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Are everybody getting a biometrics request even though a compassionate grounds application? How does it solve purpose that way

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Hey,

We received passport request within 24 hours of completing Biometrics. I would suggest that If you don't hear anything from them by tomorrow, try sending them an email. This would probably prioritize your application. I didn't have to send an email.
Are u a PR/citizen?
how long was your processing time after biometrics please?

S.Amith

Aug 10, 2015
Are u a PR/citizen?
how long was your processing time after biometrics please?
Hi,

I am a PR.
As I said, We received passport request within 24 hours. I filled the webform for 2 way courier service for passport pickup on Friday. I am hoping to hear back from them today or tomorrow.

I will let you know the timeline once I get my moms passport picked up and delivered.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Hi All,
Requesting guidance regarding TRV application for my Parents to support my wife for her pregnancy, Due date in beginning of April 2021 (Both of us are PR). Haven't yet submitted an application, as VFS India is not accepting Biometric for Visitor Visa Category yet.

But I see people posting about PHAC route. And recent PHAC approvals for some came with a Biometric request, where it gets stuck again.

Should I submit my application through PHAC route (or any other route which worked,except travelling to Dubai or Nepal) or just wait till VFS starts processing TRV biometrics ?.
Have been waiting for a while and almost gave up my thought of bringing my parents. But with some people getting approvals, I am hoping for the best.

jaisonraju01

Jul 7, 2014
BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Requesting guidance regarding TRV application for my Parents to support my wife for her pregnancy, Due date in beginning of April 2021 (Both of us are PR). Haven't yet submitted an application, as VFS India is not accepting Biometric for Visitor Visa Category yet.

But I see people posting about PHAC route. And recent PHAC approvals for some came with a Biometric request, where it gets stuck again.

Should I submit my application through PHAC route (or any other route which worked,except travelling to Dubai or Nepal) or just wait till VFS starts processing TRV biometrics ?.
Have been waiting for a while and almost gave up my thought of bringing my parents. But with some people getting approvals, I am hoping for the best.
Hi,

At present after PHAC also its asking for biometrics.

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
ok. Thanks for the response. your arrival is in june. is that the reason why cic told to take biometrics. because mostly by march-april biometrics will be open.
I don't know but I hope they do !!

anv87

Feb 1, 2018
Huys .... I just got the PHAC approval email... will be sending it to the IRCC Covid Exemptions email address ASAP.. Does anyone know what the process is like once we email IRCC (My parents are in the USA and have already done their biometrics)

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Finally Dads approval came in today..

Time line for my parents application as immediate family member of PR holder.
25nov online application
26nov biometrics taken
10dec biometrics completed for both
7feb approval and passport request only for mom and waiting for dad now..
9feb dads approval came in..
Note: did not add PHAC or any other form only sent email twice explaining the reason.
All the best everyone.
Hi @KHJN,
Thank you for sharing your timeline. Did your parents get multiple entry visa or single entry visa considering you didn't apply for any PHAC approval. Your reply would be highly appreciated.