+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
Thank you so much !

Today, I got email from PHAC . They approved PHAC Application for Exemption from COVID-19 for Compassionate Reasons.
what is the Next step, ?
Did you send email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with PHAC approval and travel itinary or Did you wait for email from IRCC ?
I didnt send any email and just waited. I got itenary request from CIC in a week. You might not be required to complete biometric and once you recieve your itenary just book the flights for your travellers and keep in mind travel date should be with in one month of PHAC letter date.

arora_mayank

Jul 15, 2018
Hi members,
Can someone please tell me if I can book my dad a biometrics appointment in Nepal?
What are the dynamics and what things should I take care of?

In case he submits his biometrics in Nepal, will he have to submit the Passport in Nepal too?
I applied for his TRV in March '20 and we're still waiting for the VFS offices in India to open up :(

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
I didnt send any email and just waited. I got itenary request from CIC in a week. You might not be required to complete biometric and once you recieve your itenary just book the flights for your travellers and keep in mind travel date should be with in one month of PHAC letter date.
Thank you for info soomeet. I got email from IRCC. They are again asking Biomatric. Here is the detail they mentioned in the email ( in my IRCC account update)

" Good day,Please be advised you have not submitted all the required documents for us to assess your eligibility to be exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada. Therefore, we are unable to process your request.

If you wish to continue applying for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification, you need to resubmit your request and include the missing document(s):
(1) Biometrics .
We understand delays in obtaining them due to VAC closures. Please complete your biometric once your nearest biometricscollection service point is open.Once obtained, please resubmit your request to us by writing to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. In your email, please provide the following in the subject line and the body of the email: PHAC, your application number and UCI. "

so why did they ask Biometric even if we submitted PHAC approval ?

Did u get itinary request from CIC or IRCC ?

Did your parents completed biometri in past and just needed exemption for travelling or your parents were applied visitor visa first time ?

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi members,
Can someone please tell me if I can book my dad a biometrics appointment in Nepal?
What are the dynamics and what things should I take care of?

In case he submits his biometrics in Nepal, will he have to submit the Passport in Nepal too?
I applied for his TRV in March '20 and we're still waiting for the VFS offices in India to open up :(
Not sure about nepal but many people did it in dubai... we will be all out of this f* mess if VAC accept biometric in India. waiting when they can smell the coffee and open VAC for visitor so old people ( parents) doesn't have to suffer by going and coming from dubai/nepal / Abu dabhi for JUST A FINGER PRINT and wasting tons of money and time...

Reactions: arora_mayank

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi, did you receive a confirmation email of application submission immediately? I have applied for my parents PHAC and haven't got the submission confirmation.
Yes the day i applied, I got email "Your application has been received" and immediately on the same day in few hours, i got email "PHAC application for exemption from covid-19 for compassionate reason" has been approved with attachment (pdf)

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Friends, my wife is applying for tourist visa from India to come to visit me in Canada. I have two questions regarding the documents that she is required to upload as per the checklist.
1. For travel history, what exactly do we need to submit? is passport entry and exit stamps enough? Or do we also need to submit a table with country, date entered and exited?
2. Invitation letter: I have drafted a letter to invite her to come here. But, should this be notarized?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi Friends, my wife is applying for tourist visa from India to come to visit me in Canada. I have two questions regarding the documents that she is required to upload as per the checklist.
1. For travel history, what exactly do we need to submit? is passport entry and exit stamps enough? Or do we also need to submit a table with country, date entered and exited?
2. Invitation letter: I have drafted a letter to invite her to come here. But, should this be notarized?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
You'll be mentioning the travel history in one of the checklist forms. If you have a very long history of travel you can organize in a tabular form in a separate paper as a part of your client correspondence letter.

Notarized letter is not required normally, only if the visa office asks for it. You must write the letter of invitation yourself, in good faith and sign it. Some visa offices may ask that a notary public notarize your letter. See here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html. Invitation letter itself is an optional thing, it mentions in the top.

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Yes the day i applied, I got email "Your application has been received" and immediately on the same day in few hours, i got email "PHAC application for exemption from covid-19 for compassionate reason" has been approved with attachment (pdf)
Thanks. Our application has been denied because of following reason.Have you submitted the site visit authorization form?

It has been determined that your application does not meet the requirements for approval at this time because the application was incomplete.

The following additional information is required to complete the application:

 Site Visit Authorization form

Errors to be corrected:
 Missing address information for your Plan for Limited Release

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Thanks. Our application has been denied because of following reason.Have you submitted the site visit authorization form?

It has been determined that your application does not meet the requirements for approval at this time because the application was incomplete.

The following additional information is required to complete the application:

 Site Visit Authorization form

Errors to be corrected:
 Missing address information for your Plan for Limited Release
It looks like you might have applied for funeral reason. which reason you have applied ?
My case, I have applied to provide care who has medical reason. so i took signed and stamped letter from medical doctor and submitted PHAC application.

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
It looks like you might have applied for funeral reason. which reason you have applied ?
My case, I have applied to provide care who has medical reason. so i took signed and stamped letter from medical doctor and submitted PHAC application.
No, I also applied for medical reason only. I will call them today to find out.

Vengance

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I had applied for my mom's visitor visa on November 22nd 2020 and still waiting for Biometrics to be done since the centers in India have not opened for Visitors.

The letter states that we need to perform the biometric within 90 days of the submission of the application.

Do we need to send them anything before the 90 day period ends, considering the Biometric will not be done till then?

The 90 days ends on Feb 22nd 2021.!! Any idea?

Cheers!!!

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has raised a webform with Delhi Immigration before and if yes, what is the subject line in their automated response?

In all my previous webforms, the format in the Subject line of their email was :

"<UCI Number> - <Applicant Name> - Visitor"

I submitted a webform on Friday (13th) for my wife's TRV application and I got an automated response but the subject line is :

"<Application Number> please expedite and attach the docs"

This makes me want to believe that some human (IRCC officer) actually notified New Delhi visa office with the above instructions. Since I have never used these words in my webform.

Does anyone have any similar experience?

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
I received TRV approval for my parents Single entry visa 90 days through PHAC, thank you to all the people in forum for bringing out this process and sharing your experiences.

Applied for PHAC: January 4th
PHAC approval: January 5th
Itinerary request: January 7th
Itinerary sent: January 9th
Approved TRV: January 13th.
Hi, Congrats on your parents visa approval. Did your parents completed Biometric or they received TRV without biometric under PHAC approval?

Last edited:

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi All,
Today I got approval for single entry visa for my parents and in the visa documents the visa expiry date is less than 90 days. Expiry date of visa means the date by which we need to land in Canada or leave Canada? Also they have mentioned one comment "Once in Canada, if you need to extend your visitor status, you should submit an application online before your status expires. The expiry date of your visa is listed above". Has anyone got similar comments in visa documents?
Hi, Congrats on your parents visa approval. Did your parents completed Biometric or they received TRV without biometric under PHAC approval?

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Hi, just wondering what is your province. It might be different for each province!!