+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
If there are preexisting conditions with the traveler (E.g. BP, Diabetes etc.) the Indian insurance has no coverage for them. I have done my parent's insurance from a Canadian Insurance company instead which covers pre-existing condition provided the condition has been stable for the last 120 days (This is also one of the lowest days for stability any other company is offering)
Got it. Would you mind sharing the company name, price and coverage details? Thankyou.

varunchauhan

Jan 3, 2018
Got it. Would you mind sharing the company name, price and coverage details? Thankyou.
The price varies from traveler to traveler based on their age and whether you opt for pre-existing conditions or not. For both of my parents it costed me 800$ for 3 months for a 100,000$ coverage with pre-existing conditions. If you want I can share with you on PM the contact of the Agent who helped me with the Insurance.

gsriram86

Oct 28, 2020
I have submitted the travel itinerary on Jan 16 and now waiting for the visa approval. My parents are travelling on 05-Feb in AC43 from Delhi to Toronto. If anyone is coming on the same flight please let me know.
1. Do we need to submit the passport for visa stamping or is it an eletter
2. Do we need to give biometrics? Looks like biometric centres are not open for visitors yet.

I am applying for visa for my in laws from Hyderabad, India

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
I have submitted the travel itinerary on Jan 16 and now waiting for the visa approval. My parents are travelling on 05-Feb in AC43 from Delhi to Toronto. If anyone is coming on the same flight please let me know.
Gr8. Did you get any confirmation message or email or application was updated after you submitted Itinerary in my account ?

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Hi All,
Today I got approval for single entry visa for my parents and in the visa documents the visa expiry date is less than 90 days. Expiry date of visa means the date by which we need to land in Canada or leave Canada? Also they have mentioned one comment "Once in Canada, if you need to extend your visitor status, you should submit an application online before your status expires. The expiry date of your visa is listed above". Has anyone got similar comments in visa documents?

Param2020

Jan 19, 2021
Hi All,
Today I got approval for single entry visa for my parents and in the visa documents the visa expiry date is less than 90 days. Expiry date of visa means the date by which we need to land in Canada or leave Canada? Also they have mentioned one comment "Once in Canada, if you need to extend your visitor status, you should submit an application online before your status expires. The expiry date of your visa is listed above". Has anyone got similar comments in visa documents?
Hi,
Do we need to submit the passport for visa stamping or is it an letter.

Tinda3

Jan 10, 2021
Hi All,
Please share your profile

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
If anyone knows anything about medical insurance for parents, please share. Someone advised me to check with travel agents in India and also asked me to check here in Canada as well. I don't know where to start as I've never used any agents in India and also heard that Indian insurance is good for nothing when it comes to coverage and claims. Which insurance companies provide reasonable prices and good coverage here in Canada?
Brother, you may contact Manulife and GMS, they are reputed and provide good services. I had bought insurance from GMS couple of years back. I think Manulife also covers Covid.

Reactions: dsinghd

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
First of all i want to thanks @sb0821 for starting this thread and showing ray of hope to many of us. No Doubt you are so helpful.

Secondly, i would like to thank @dsinghd @DK84 @Ajayparamesh for providing useful information frequently and keep updating this post.

Below are the development so far on my mother's application who wants to come to help my wife during her pregnancy:-

Applied for TRV online: 7 Jan 2021
Applied for PHAC: 7 Jan 2021
PHAC approval: 8 Jan 2021(6 month validity)
Biometric request: 8 Jan 2021
Itinerary request from CIC: 12 Jan 2021
Submitted Itinerary to CIC; 17 Jan 2021
Booked tickets for on 17 Jan2021 travel dates: 4th Feb 2021(as CIC letter says travel should be within 30 days or PHAC validity which is earlier)
Waiting for Visa approval: hoping it comes this week.

@dsinghd @DK84 @Ajayparamesh Did your parents/family members travelled to Canada now or the travel is scheduled ? Itinerary request from CIC says that travel has to be done within 30 days of PHAC so i am hoping you guys might have booked travelled soon.

I have booked tickets for my mother for 4th Feb 2020 Aircanada Flight AC043 departing at 00:50 AM from Delhi and arriving at Toronto at 05:30 AM. I Shared the itinerary with CIC upon their request and hoping that they send the visa this week.

Anyone here who's family member is travelling in this flight, please reach out.
I booked the same flight for Feb 4th, if you sent them Itinerary, visa will be approved soon. Keep checking your GCKey account.

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
I booked the same flight for Feb 4th, if you sent them Itinerary, visa will be approved soon. Keep checking your GCKey account.
Gr8. I got Visa approval Document today, Visa is approved till 4/18. Would you mind sharing your contact details in separate personal message so i can connect with you.

Tinda3

Jan 10, 2021
Hey, i got exactly same letter today. Visa approval is 90 days from date of issues(today). Expiry is 4/18/2021 and it also has a note for extention as you specified.
I mean when did apply for visa,it's immediate family member or extended family