+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
I received itinerary request from CIC today. Should i go ahead book flight first beacuse they need the actual dates, flight details etc. As they will be included on visa letter. @sb0821 You said you booked tickets after getting visa. Were you able to book exact same flight afterwards which you gave CIC when they requested itinerary?
My concern is that I cannot provide random flight details to them right ? And later travel on a different flight/day ?
Congrats! it depends on the availability of the fights. But if you know the travel dates just book it.

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Just be careful about return date when booking, as the visa expires 90-days from date of issue. And not 90-days from date of departure.

I received itinerary request from CIC today. Should i go ahead book flight first beacuse they need the actual dates, flight details etc. As they will be included on visa letter. @sb0821 You said you booked tickets after getting visa. Were you able to book exact same flight afterwards which you gave CIC when they requested itinerary?
My concern is that I cannot provide random flight details to them right ? And later travel on a different flight/day ?

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hi..
For a 3-month visit visa, what is usually the maximum coverage limit everyone is taking, for medical insurance? For someone with pre-existing conditions like diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol.

I know for 12-months insurance; 100,000 is recommended.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please share the sample quarantine plan.

Kaykay89

Apr 2, 2019
@sb0821 .how did u show the quarantine plan for your mother in law.. can u share the plan or is there any format we can follow. Any help will be great.my mom is travelling on 5th Jan.

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello Ladies and Gents

My Name is James, from Nigeria.

Application Date: October 30 2020
Application status: still processing

I applied for a Visitor Visa to Ontario for a planned honeymoon with my wife who is also a Nigerian but she holds a Permanent Resident in Canada and she resides in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Reactions: bath_navpreet

rpalag

Jan 2, 2021
Me and my wife both are Permanent Residents in Canada.

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Duration of Travel: Jan 01, 2021 to March 01, 2021

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020 (in Dubai)

Now waiting for the application to process.

**********Please join this thread with your timeline if you/your family applied online for a visitor visa in October or November 2020 and Applicant location: India (outside of Canada)
Can you plz let me know how u have submitted biometrics in Dubai like the itinerary. I am pregnant and applied visitor visa for my father. I got request letter on Dec 29th day after visa application and we r in confusion on whether to give biometrics in Dubai or to wait. I have already written a letter to DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca , IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and also submitted webform. Do you suggest me to wait or go for biometrics in Dubai

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
@sb0821 .how did u show the quarantine plan for your mother in law.. can u share the plan or is there any format we can follow. Any help will be great.my mom is travelling on 5th Jan.
*********This is mine but please change it based on your situation
Quarantine Plan

I, (name), travelled from Delhi to Vancouver in Air Canada flight# AC045 destination until (city).

Once I reach (city) Airport I will take a taxi to my daughter’s place and I will self-isolate myself for 14 days as required by the Canadian Government. I am travelling to Canada to provide care for my daughter (name) (xx weeks pregnant) who is a Permanent Resident of Canada. My daughter & son-in-law lives in (city) in a 2 Bedroom apartment with 2 full bathrooms, 2 balconies and I will be using 1 bedroom with an attached bathroom and separate balcony for the quarantine period of 14 days.

Food and other necessities will be taken care of by my son-in-law (Name) in one-time disposable cutlery each time, with all the necessary precautions like sanitizing, wearing gloves, face mask, and face shield while dropping the food at my bedroom doorstep. Once he is away from the bedroom door I will take my food, so that I don't make any close physical contact with him. I will make sure that I will use gloves, face masks, and hand sanitizer whenever necessary e.g. while handling food utensils, etc.

Please contact my Daughter or Son-In-Law for more information as I have language barrier to explain in detail verbally.

Quarantine Place: xxxxxxxxxx

Quarantine Period: 14 days

Name of the person assisting with my quarantine requirements: xxxxx

Phone: xxxxxxxxxxx

Additional Phone: xxxxxxxxxxx

Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reactions: RV23 and Kaykay89

sumit85live

Dec 25, 2020
Hi All,

My mother-in-law traveled on Christmas day (Dec 25, 2020) through Air Canada and reached safely Canada.

No issues with immigration but I would suggest keeping these below documents while traveling.

1. Original Passport and Flight ticket to Canada
  2. TRV Approval Letter
  3. PHAC Approval
  4. Quarantine Plan
  5. ArriveCan App confirmation (fill online and take a print out)
  6. Copy of Traveller passport
  7. Copy of my Daughter PR card
  8. Copy of my Daughter passport
  9. Copy of my Daughter Birth Certificate
  10. Letter from my daughter gynecologist
  11. My Insurance Copy (https://www.desttravel.com/?id=1684&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIldu-7ZPd7QIVotSzCh2OfQkrEAAYAyAAEgKCcfD_BwE#/insuranceproducts/visitortocanadainsurance/quote/planprofile)
  12. My Return ticket to India (*****Did not asked but as a precaution.)
Thanks
Hi SB0821!
Just like biomettics, can I also apply for TRV from UAE? I am in Dubai on a visitor status/visit visa.
I recieved my PGWP in Ottawa and my temp residential status was maintained.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Folks , This will really surprise me !! My friend has got Visitor Visa with 20 days without PHAC letter ..

Timeline for Application ....

Application submitted: December 7th 2020
Biometrics requested: December 8th 2020
Biometrics completed: December 17th (Dubai)
Passport Request: Dec 31st 2020

I do have a question , How to submit passport in Ahmedabad , Gujarat ( Walk in or courier ) ?

I appreciated :)
Wow that's surprising. Can you share more details? Does your friend have immediate family in Canada? What was the purpose of travel?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hi SB0821!
Just like biomettics, can I also apply for TRV from UAE? I am in Dubai on a visitor status/visit visa.
You mean that you have PGWP and want to send your passport for stamping in UAE???

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
[/QUOTE]
So you have a PGWP and you don’t have a valid TRV/visitor visa to enter Canada. If so you can apply from UAE but it will take months to process.