+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

mayanour

Nov 23, 2020
Hi , I also applied visitor visa in Oct done biometric on 15th nov, I have sent mail to ircc for exemption and prioritization of my application as my husband in on work visa in Canada.Can you please tell if you receive above mail as response of exmeption mail sent to ircc or it was sent separately to you
Hi,I also applied visitor visa in Aug ,i don't need for biometric because i did it before (i have an expired WOP visa),i didn't send email to IRCC until 8th Dec. Any update for your case ,because we have the same case (my husband on work permit in Canada).

foxonefoxone

Dec 21, 2019
I applied in early october and got biometrics letter next day. However, VFS isnt accepting biometrics for visitor visas. what should I do ?

bilal058

Aug 25, 2014
@RV23

@Kaykay89

Hi,

1. We applied for a visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

2. Completed the below:

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

• Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF). --- This needs to fill and sign by your doctor (Family or Gynecologist)
  • This application process is for foreign nationals who will be entering Canada and staying in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day quarantine period to:
    • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
    • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
    • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support --- this applicable to us
  • You can apply using the Application for Entry Form. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
    1. Fill out all required fields on page 1 of the application.
      • There are 2 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to page 2 doesn’t submit information or your application.
    2. Attach the Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death on page 2 of the application.
    3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
      • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, 'Submission completed successfully.'
  • You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.

Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry for compassionate reasons.

Note:
1. If you applied for a visit visa already, while submitting PHAC approval: just select the option (applied for visitor visa) and enter UCI Number. You will receive a single entry TRV visa in a week.
2. My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.
3. I have not sent any email to CIC.

Thanks
Hi @sb0821 ,

Thanks for listing down the steps you followed for visit visa application for your mother in law. I am also in a similar situation as my wife is expecting a baby. I applied for a visit visa for my mother last August but there has been no response until now. I have two questions:

1) I understand that you applied for the visit visa first and then applied for PHAC approval. Is my understanding correct?
2) How much time did PHAC take to approve your application?

Regards,

bilal058

Aug 25, 2014
@sb0821

I understand that you submitted your application for PHAC on 24th of November. Did you receive a separate approval letter from PHAC or did you directly receive a letter from CIC approving your application.?

Regards,
Bilal

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hi @sb0821 ,

Thanks for listing down the steps you followed for visit visa application for your mother in law. I am also in a similar situation as my wife is expecting a baby. I applied for a visit visa for my mother last August but there has been no response until now. I have two questions:

1) I understand that you applied for the visit visa first and then applied for PHAC approval. Is my understanding correct?
2) How much time did PHAC take to approve your application?

Regards,
1. Yes
2. one day to get the PHAC approval and this letter you need for the travel.

Note:
1. Then within a week, CIC asks for travel dates saying please send your Detailed travel Itinerary and your travel dates/ departure must be within 30 days.
2. Make sure you submit the travel itinerary with travel dates less than 30 days, And also make sure that PHAC approval is only valid for 30 days. So you plan the travel before the PHAC approval letter validity.
3. Then you will receive the TRV letter in 2-3 business days in the CIC account. And no need to send the passport for stamping (Just the letter is sufficient to travel).

Thanks

bilal058

Aug 25, 2014
1. Yes

Note:
1. Then within a week, CIC asks for travel dates saying please send your Detailed travel Itinerary and your travel dates/ departure must be within 30 days.
2. Make sure you submit the travel itinerary with travel dates less than 30 days, And also make sure that PHAC approval is only valid for 30 days. So you plan the travel before the PHAC approval letter validity.
3. Then you will receive the TRV letter in 2-3 business days in the CIC account. And no need to send the passport for stamping (Just the letter is sufficient to travel).

Thanks
@sb0821

Thanks for the prompt reply. I need family support during delivery of baby which is expected 6 months from now. In this case should I apply for PHAC approval now or one to two months before the requirement?

Regards,
Bilal

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
@sb0821

Thanks for the prompt reply. I need family support during delivery of baby which is expected 6 months from now. In this case should I apply for PHAC approval now or one to two months before the requirement?

Regards,
Bilal
Just wait for few more months and if you don't get then do the PHAC before 2 months.

Reactions: RV23

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
I didn't understand this.
"2. Make sure you submit the travel itinerary with travel dates less than 30 days, And also make sure that PHAC approval is only valid for 30 days. So you plan the travel before the PHAC approval letter validity. "

So you are saying to submit an itinerary for 30 days stay in Canada?

1. Yes

Note:

Thanks

Kaykay89

Apr 2, 2019
@sb0821 : Thank you so much for ya explanation.
My mother does not have a visitor visa although she got the PHAC Approval.
Now, we have email cic for the letter to travel or give visa.As, PHAC has just approved to travel exemption and without visa or approval letter she cannot travel.

simrjot11

Apr 9, 2019
Hey , You got bio-metric request very next day! That’s wonderful! I have applied for my son(dependent child) at the same time but haven’t heard anything yet! did you mention COVID-19 ; purpose of travel - other in the 5257e form?
hey , I am in similar situation but yet to apply visitor visa . Can u plz let me know what all documents we need to attach in order to support the purpose of travel.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
@sb0821 : Thank you so much for ya explanation.
My mother does not have a visitor visa although she got the PHAC Approval.
Now, we have email cic for the letter to travel or give visa.As, PHAC has just approved to travel exemption and without visa or approval letter she cannot travel.
Did you mention your mother UCI number while submitting PHAC application?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
I didn't understand this.
"2. Make sure you submit the travel itinerary with travel dates less than 30 days, And also make sure that PHAC approval is only valid for 30 days. So you plan the travel before the PHAC approval letter validity. "

So you are saying to submit an itinerary for 30 days stay in Canada?
2. Make sure you submit the travel itinerary with travel date in less than 30 days, And also make sure that PHAC approval is only valid for 30 days. So you plan the travel before the PHAC approval letter validity.
Note:
  • I am just saying about the departure and not about the return. So plan the departure before your PHAC validity.
  • You can send the Itinerary or paid ticket. But keep one thing in mind that whether it's paid or unpaid flight ticket, CIC mentions the Date, time and flight numbers on the TRV visa based on your itinerary/ticket.

Thanks

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Hi All,

Need some info. I had applied for visitor visa for in-laws on 03-August-2020 and got the biometrics instruction letter immediately the following day .But as VFS centers in India were closed due to COVID and even though now they are open with limited services we haven't been able to get the biometrics process completed. We have booked an appointment for 29-Dec to get the biometrics done from Dubai but not sure about how many it would take to get the passport request/visa approved. We are in same boat like many others in this group. My wife is pregnant and she is due in Jan end, so we need the support of the parents badly.

My question here is has anyone done biometrics recently from Dubai, if so how was the experience and how many does it take now to get the passport submission request? I read about PHAC approval process can someone share latest timeline on how many days does it take to get the visa approval are there any further questionnaires or documentations asked post sending the email? I tried sending an email to IRCC COVID-TravelExemptions requesting to prioritize the application process but didn't receive any response yet.

Thanks! All the best for everyone :)

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hi All,

Need some info. I had applied for visitor visa for in-laws on 03-August-2020 and got the biometrics instruction letter immediately the following day .But as VFS centers in India were closed due to COVID and even though now they are open with limited services we haven't been able to get the biometrics process completed. We have booked an appointment for 29-Dec to get the biometrics done from Dubai but not sure about how many it would take to get the passport request/visa approved. We are in same boat like many others in this group. My wife is pregnant and she is due in Jan end, so we need the support of the parents badly.

My question here is has anyone done biometrics recently from Dubai, if so how was the experience and how many does it take now to get the passport submission request? I read about PHAC approval process can someone share latest timeline on how many days does it take to get the visa approval are there any further questionnaires or documentations asked post sending the email? I tried sending an email to IRCC COVID-TravelExemptions requesting to prioritize the application process but didn't receive any response yet.

Thanks! All the best for everyone :)
Do the below:

**************My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.

If you already applied skip step#1

Hi,

1. We applied for a visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).
2. Completed the below:

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

• Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF). --- This needs to fill and sign by your doctor (Family or Gynecologist)
  • This application process is for foreign nationals who will be entering Canada and staying in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day quarantine period to:
    • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
    • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
    • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support --- this applicable to us
  • You can apply using the Application for Entry Form. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
    1. Fill out all required fields on page 1 of the application.
      • There are 2 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to page 2 doesn’t submit information or your application.
    2. Attach the Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death on page 2 of the application.
    3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
      • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, 'Submission completed successfully.'
  • You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.

Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry for compassionate reasons.
Note:
1. If you applied for a visit visa already, while submitting PHAC approval: just select the option (applied for visitor visa) and enter UCI Number. You will receive PHAC approval letter in a day and You will receive a single entry TRV visa in a week.
2. My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.
3. I have not sent any email to CIC.

Thanks