+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa from India (Applied in March 2021)

casmscanada

Aug 30, 2015
Hi All, I had submitted a visitor visa application for my mother on March 29, 2021. Biometric was done on August 18, 2021. No updates on the application since then.

Submitted a web-form request to find the status and the response was "Status updates: Please be advised that the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada will not be responding to general inquiries or status requests."

Tried calling CIC a few times but unable to get through.

Need suggestions on what can/should be done next.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All, I had submitted a visitor visa application for my mother on March 29, 2021. Biometric was done on August 18, 2021. No updates on the application since then.

Submitted a web-form request to find the status and the response was "Status updates: Please be advised that the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada will not be responding to general inquiries or status requests."

Tried calling CIC a few times but unable to get through.

Need suggestions on what can/should be done next.
If you are a PR or citizen, she should reapply as travel guidelines changed after September 7.

casmscanada

Aug 30, 2015
If you are a PR or citizen, she should reapply as travel guidelines changed after September 7.
Thanks Naturgrl.
So the current application needs to be withdrawn? Would the fees be refunded?
Also, heard there is a separate portal for the new applications. Is that true?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks Naturgrl.
So the current application needs to be withdrawn? Would the fees be refunded?
Also, heard there is a separate portal for the new applications. Is that true?
There is a seperate portal. You need to go on the IRCC website…don’t have link right now. As for fees, don’t know as depends on the stage of application. You can request one.