+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa from Greece in process for 210 days

marinapinky

Apr 26, 2023
Hello everyone!
My parents applied for their visitor visa on March 1st and after submitting their biometrics a week later there has been not a single move in their file. They have contacted the consulate in rome multiple times but they only get back automated replies or the same answer that is in process. I ordered GCMS notes on their behalf and there is literally nothin on them because no one has touched their file. I really wanted them to visit me in April, obviously didnt happen, then summer again not even close, now I have started losing hope even from Christmas.
I just don't know what else to do.

Any help is really really appreciated.

PS: I was on a work permit when they applied and now i have my pr. Do they need to submit that change?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone!
My parents applied for their visitor visa on March 1st and after submitting their biometrics a week later there has been not a single move in their file. They have contacted the consulate in rome multiple times but they only get back automated replies or the same answer that is in process. I ordered GCMS notes on their behalf and there is literally nothin on them because no one has touched their file. I really wanted them to visit me in April, obviously didnt happen, then summer again not even close, now I have started losing hope even from Christmas.
I just don't know what else to do.

Any help is really really appreciated.

PS: I was on a work permit when they applied and now i have my pr. Do they need to submit that change?
If processing is long, there is nothing they can do. They cannot expedite their application. If past current processing times then they can raise a webform and it may kick start some movement on their file. Seems like their file has not started eligibility review or background check.

marinapinky

Apr 26, 2023
If processing is long, there is nothing they can do. They cannot expedite their application. If past current processing times then they can raise a webform and it may kick start some movement on their file. Seems like their file has not started eligibility review or background check.
Thank you so much for your reply.

Current processing times are 112 days. So we are actually at almost double that time. They sent a webform when we passed the processing times and again nothing happened. Their eligibility hasn't started, and their background check is in process. From the GCMS notes I saw that their info sharing is in process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your reply.

Current processing times are 112 days. So we are actually at almost double that time. They sent a webform when we passed the processing times and again nothing happened. Their eligibility hasn't started, and their background check is in process. From the GCMS notes I saw that their info sharing is in process.
Are they both Greek nationals?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
they are both residents but their passports are albanian!
Ah - that may be the cause of the delay. Generally speaking, processing times can be substantially longer when you don't hold the passport of the country you're applying from. You can try sending a case specific inquiry however this generally doesn't do much (can't harm). Apart from that, nothing you can really do but wait.

Reactions: Naturgrl

marinapinky

Apr 26, 2023
Ah - that may be the cause of the delay. Generally speaking, processing times can be substantially longer when you don't hold the passport of the country you're applying from. You can try sending a case specific inquiry however this generally doesn't do much (can't harm). Apart from that, nothing you can really do but wait.
If its normal to wait, we obviously cant do much but wait. All the webforms they have sent , have been case specific but -as you said- have done nothing.

Do you think they should update their file with my pr card? And also do you think if we hire a consultant to take it from here, they can do something more?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If its normal to wait, we obviously cant do much but wait. All the webforms they have sent , have been case specific but -as you said- have done nothing.

Do you think they should update their file with my pr card? And also do you think if we hire a consultant to take it from here, they can do something more?
The only thing a consultant can do more of is spend your money. They have no power / ability to move the application forward.

Sure, you can certainly send a case specific inquiry asking to update the application with the fact you are now a PR. Not sure that will make a difference. But no harm.

Reactions: marinapinky

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

A consultant cannot do anything to expedite. You can update their file if you want through webform to say you are PR but that doesn’t expedite either. The reason for their delay is most likely that they are not Greek nationals and applying from Greece, not Albania. What ties are they showing to return to Greece?

marinapinky

Apr 26, 2023
A consultant cannot do anything to expedite. You can update their file if you want through webform to say you are PR but that doesn’t expedite either. The reason for their delay is most likely that they are not Greek nationals and applying from Greece, not Albania. What ties are they showing to return to Greece?
They have been living in Greece for 20 years. They have the residency. They have showed employment letters for both, and their rental property contract. They included a travel plan, reservations for hotels and restaurants to prove that we only wanted to spend my birthday and my mums birthday together. They have also included a travel history of my dad showing that he was in Greece for 20 years and he was going back and forth from Greece to Albania because his parents live in Albania.

And again Albania has a processing time of 114 days. I don't know what to say. I feel like their file has been forgotten.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They have been living in Greece for 20 years. They have the residency. They have showed employment letters for both, and their rental property contract. They included a travel plan, reservations for hotels and restaurants to prove that we only wanted to spend my birthday and my mums birthday together. They have also included a travel history of my dad showing that he was in Greece for 20 years and he was going back and forth from Greece to Albania because his parents live in Albania.

And again Albania has a processing time of 114 days. I don't know what to say. I feel like their file has been forgotten.
Are you their representative? If so call IRCC and see if you can talk to an agent to ask about status. Or consider withdrawing their application and reapplying. Or wait.

marinapinky

Apr 26, 2023
Are you their representative? If so call IRCC and see if you can talk to an agent to ask about status. Or consider withdrawing their application and reapplying. Or wait.
No I am not but that's an easy fix. The thing is, that every time they try to call they either cant get through, or they are told that there is nothing they can do because their application is being processed outside of Canada.

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I am not but that's an easy fix. The thing is, that every time they try to call they either cant get through, or they are told that there is nothing they can do because their application is being processed outside of Canada.

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
Who are they calling? So they are calling IRCC through a VPN because you can only call from within Canada.

marinapinky

Apr 26, 2023
I think they are calling through Skype. We made a subscription for Canada so they could call. The problem is that when they follow the instructions (I tried it myself as well!) there is no option for visitors, only for students, workers and express entry.