+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for wife till her PR file is processing

vishang

Jan 24, 2015
Hi,
I have recently applied for Spousal sponsorship for my wife. She has been working since 2-2.5 years. Recently, she gave resignation from her job. So I thought to file TRV to visit me.

I have a job here and I will be able take on her all expenses while she's here in Canada. Approximately, how much funds she requires to show to CIC. How long the stay will be reasonable to show it to CIC. I am planning for six months but I believe there will be more chances of resfusal. So if I say 3 months how likely to get a visa approval. Is there any other options other than visitor visa to visit and stay with me.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It tends to be very difficult for spouses to be approved for TRVs - especially if they already have a PR application in progress. To be approved, she needs to demonstrate that she has very strong ties to her home country. I would recommend she ask for a 2-3 week trip. Three months is too long and will most likely guarantee refusal. It's too bad she has resigned from her job - this would have been a good proof to include to demonstrate ties.

Other options for coming to Canada before PR are study permit (she needs to be accepted into a school in Canada and show she has enough money to pay for the high foreign student tuition fees and living expenses) or work permit (she needs to have a full time job offer in Canada and an approved LMIA).