+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for tourist does not need EMPLOYMENT letter??

Travelstamps

Jun 24, 2022
I am applying for a toursit visa from Pakistan, under the NEW PORTAL
I have been denied a toursit visa before, I applied with the GC KEY. At that time, I needed a letter from my employer and salary slips etc.
This time, it does not show in documents to upload anything from the employer, just proof of funds.

Under OPTIONAL items, there is an "employment letter" however, the description says
"Employer letter (current)
A copy of a letter from the employer in Canada. This letter must state that the company will hire you to work in Canada for a specific period of time.
The letter must be printed on the company's official letterhead and include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.
"

What should I do? Should I upload a letter from my employer saying I am taking a week and half off work to go to Canada here??? or should I submit it and send to IRCC a follow up with that document???? or should I leave it blank?? (I already have the additional document in the additional document section so I can not add i there) . I am worried if I add the employment letter to the optional section, maybe the AI will detect that I am planning to work in Canada, since the description makes it seem like this is only for those who will be working in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have been denied a toursit visa before, I applied with the GC KEY. At that time, I needed a letter from my employer and salary slips etc.
This time, it does not show in documents to upload anything from the employer, just proof of funds.

Under OPTIONAL items, there is an "employment letter" however, the description says
A copy of a letter from the employer in Canada. This letter must state that the company will hire you to work in Canada for a specific period of time.
The letter must be printed on the company's official letterhead and include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.
"

What should I do? Should I upload a letter from my employer saying I am taking a week and half off work to go to Canada here??? or should I submit it and send to IRCC a follow up with that document???? or should I leave it blank?? (I already have the additional document in the additional document section so I can not add i there) . I am worried if I add the employment letter to the optional section, maybe the AI will detect that I am planning to work in Canada, since the description makes it seem like this is only for those who will be working in Canada.
For some reasons IRCC doesn’t list the documents that should be included. You should include a letter from your employer in Pakistan indicating your length of employment at the company, job title, salary and approved leave details.

Travelstamps

Jun 24, 2022
For some reasons IRCC doesn’t list the documents that should be included. You should include a letter from your employer in Pakistan indicating your length of employment at the company, job title, salary and approved leave details.
yeah but where do I submit it. It tells me only upload National ID card, Passport and stamps, Marriage certificate, Proof of funds. as required documents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yeah but where do I submit it. It tells me only upload National ID card, Passport and stamps, Marriage certificate, Proof of funds. as required documents.
Not sure the exact language on the application but there is a way to attach addition information. That is where you should provide the letter, copy of your bank statement to show savings, etc.

Travelstamps

Jun 24, 2022
Not sure the exact language on the application but there is a way to attach addition information. That is where you should provide the letter, copy of your bank statement to show savings, etc.
There is 1 space to put 1 document for additional, but I already used it to add my flight and hotel booking. There is no room to add more documents .

jamal9122

Dec 18, 2023

"

I applied my employment letter in the { additional document) So i got refused based on the employment so i think the CHinook did not provide it to the officer
So, where should i attach the employment letter ?! did you find anything which section should we attach the employment letter in?!

Thanks i'm stuck in this and i need answer to reapply.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
2800USD is my salary MF each month!! you don't have my salary in your bank account Hahaha go sleep

2800USD is nothing Hahahahahaha it's not my bank account kid
We are senior members of this forum and have quite a good experience with applications and have already visited canada and helped people around us to do so. So we deserve some respect !

Please don't take it offensive, but he is absolutely right.
People hate to listen the truth and go behind their so-called agents or youtubers and when they finally meet the ground reality they are in shock!

My per month salary was +4000USD (take home salary after taxes) and my position was Senior Managerial level and my account statement was 25000CAD and had a active USA NIV. With this profile, I were refused back in 2019. You can get back to my old posts and check it out.

So its very common to get refusal and its not weird to get refusal with people like your profile.

The bottom line is to make sure:
- Your Purpose of trip make sense
- Your Ties in home+Residence country are stronger
- Your funds are appropriate
- Your overall story make sense

Some example of a direct refusal BY THE OFFICER are
1. Someone going for tourism to Canada but doesn't have significant touristic travel history AROUND THE WORLD. Canada is not a touristic country, so it doesn't make sense to go to canada until you have toured all the world and Canada is only remaining.
2. Someone going for tourism in Canada Alone and leaving family back home
3. Someone going for business event/conference etc but not related to his work and never had such conferences at his home/residence country.
4. Someone exhausting MOST of his saving for a VISIT. like your bank statement have 10,000CAD and your trip budget is 5000CAD. Its a straight refusal as no one will pay 50% of his saving to meet a friend or make a holiday.
5. Someone with weak ties, such as No property, no family, no or not significant job etc.
etc etc
I can give you more examples but in the end of the day its not weird to get refusal with good profiles.

Also, be aware that YES your file is processed with HELP of CHINOOK but the FINAL decision is always by a officer MANUALLY.
I am a software engineer so you dont have to tell me how AI works.

In the end, Give respect to the team members so you can get respected and get directed to the correct way to reach your goal and get a visa.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

jamal9122

Dec 18, 2023
We are senior members of this forum and have quite a good experience with applications and have already visited canada and helped people around us to do so. So we deserve some respect !

Please don't take it offensive, but he is absolutely right.
People hate to listen the truth and go behind their so-called agents or youtubers and when they finally meet the ground reality they are in shock!

My per month salary was +4000USD (take home salary after taxes) and my position was Senior Managerial level and my account statement was 25000CAD and had a active USA NIV. With this profile, I were refused back in 2019. You can get back to my old posts and check it out.

So its very common to get refusal and its not weird to get refusal with people like your profile.

The bottom line is to make sure:
- Your Purpose of trip make sense
- Your Ties in home+Residence country are stronger
- Your funds are appropriate
- Your overall story make sense

Some example of a direct refusal BY THE OFFICER are
1. Someone going for tourism to Canada but doesn't have significant touristic travel history AROUND THE WORLD. Canada is not a touristic country, so it doesn't make sense to go to canada until you have toured all the world and Canada is only remaining.
2. Someone going for tourism in Canada Alone and leaving family back home
3. Someone going for business event/conference etc but not related to his work and never had such conferences at his home/residence country.
4. Someone exhausting MOST of his saving for a VISIT. like your bank statement have 10,000CAD and your trip budget is 5000CAD. Its a straight refusal as no one will pay 50% of his saving to meet a friend or make a holiday.
5. Someone with weak ties, such as No property, no family, no or not significant job etc.
etc etc
I can give you more examples but in the end of the day its not weird to get refusal with good profiles.

Also, be aware that YES your file is processed with HELP of CHINOOK but the FINAL decision is always by a officer MANUALLY.
I am a software engineer so you dont have to tell me how AI works.

In the end, Give respect to the team members so you can get respected and get directed to the correct way to reach your goal and get a visa.
This is why i posted this to get reply like this not to tell me ( I laughed at you and make me depress ) Sir you are right I don't mean why they refused me because i'm manager with that salary .. the GCMS showed ( The employment situation is not good ) That's why i ask my job is good the position is Manager the salary is too high for my country ! I had a strong ties from A to Z ( Family ties - My brother is sick i need to come back to him - My job - property a good purpose of visit but with no travel history
The problem i have is if the refusal showed that ( Lack of travel history or Lack of family ties ) it really would be reasonable ! but it's all about my employment situation

So this why i really think the officer overlooked my HR letter while i wrongfully attach it to the
( Additional document ) even now i don't know when i reapply where should i attach it i think it was my fault because the refusal looks like i don't have any job !
I think we should attach it to the proof of funds along with the bank statement

BTW my bank saving is 30K
All i wanted is be in canada for 10 days i think the time even is reasonable.

Thanks buddy