+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for the spouse

Aug 28, 2021
Hi all,

I am about to apply for study permit for me and my daughter and visitor visa for my spouse. Is there a possibility that my Visa gets approved and their Visa gets denied?

Regards,
Janani

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, of course. You are bringing your family with you and your husband will be applying for a visitor visa. How will you support your family while studying. What ties do you have to your home country as well as showing career and education advancment.

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Hi @Naturgrl

My visitor visa was rejected 2 weeks ago. My spousal sponsor ship is in progress now.am planning to reapply VV again soon with some more documents like property and sponsor approval email that my husband got .is it good idea to provide SA document. but in new portal there is no option to upload all these documents. Please let me know whether I shud use GC key or new portal?
For new portal there is no invitation letter or purpose of visit letter ? Should I include these in optional documents.?

Aug 28, 2021
Yes, of course. You are bringing your family with you and your husband will be applying for a visitor visa. How will you support your family while studying. What ties do you have to your home country as well as showing career and education advancment.
we are showing our property appraisal document and his job in Singapore as his ties to homeland. For career and advancement, my education will be in the same field in which I have work experience and I have got referral letter from my employer as well. For proof of funds we have shown GIC, bank balances and my husband's pay slips and tax returns as well. Please let me know if that will suffice.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
we are showing our property appraisal document and his job in Singapore as his ties to homeland. For career and advancement, my education will be in the same field in which I have work experience and I have got referral letter from my employer as well. For proof of funds we have shown GIC, bank balances and my husband's pay slips and tax returns as well. Please let me know if that will suffice.
So how long is he visiting since Singapore is your home country? How old is your daughter? So is your employer paying for your education if you have a referral letter? If you have a strong SOP then you may be approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
is your husband and child just visiting or do they want to remain in Canada with you?

S15

Sep 11, 2021
Hi @Naturgrl

My visitor visa was rejected 2 weeks ago. My spousal sponsor ship is in progress now.am planning to reapply VV again soon with some more documents like property and sponsor approval email that my husband got .is it good idea to provide SA document. but in new portal there is no option to upload all these documents. Please let me know whether I shud use GC key or new portal?
For new portal there is no invitation letter or purpose of visit letter ? Should I include these in optional documents.?
Hi, Yes you should consolidate all these documents into 1 pdf and upload in additional documents section.

can I ask you something ? was rejection reason mentioned ?

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Hi, Yes you should consolidate all these documents into 1 pdf and upload in additional documents section.

can I ask you something ? was rejection reason mentioned ?
Not satisfied that you will Canada at the end of your stay based on below points
1) family ties in Canada - husband
2) purpose of your visit - visiting for wedding anniversary
3) personal assets and financial status - showed 10,000 CAD

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He will be just visiting as he has a job in Singapore.
Then TRV is fine but provide proof that he will be on approved leave from job. Require information on how much leave he would need to get if he wanted to leave his job in Singapore, proof that he still has a lease or owns a home in Singapore that has not ended and he hasn’t given notice, etc.

someonetookmyname

Oct 16, 2019
Hello,

I am a PR holder, living outside Canada (Oman). I recently got married outside canada (in Pakistan). I am aware that i cannot sponsor my wife unless i am living in canada. I need few clarification in this regard:

1: Do i need to inform Canadian authorities about my change in circumstances (marital status) while i am residing outside Canada? if yes, what are the timelines (deadline to inform them) please let me know the procedures and related links. and do they need any document (for evidence) at this initial stage or just an email would be sufficient that my circumstances has been changed since the day i got married.

2: What are the pathways/possibilities that Myself and my wife would be able to move to canada altogther. I heard that there is a possibility that first i can apply for visit visa for my spouse (as there is not requirement for me to be in canada) then i can go for spouse sponsored visa once me and my spouse would be in canada.

3: My spouse has also got valid 2 years US visa (Masters scholarship visa, student visa), bases on that US visa i believe she can travel to Canada (after getting ETA before travel from canadian authorities) so in this case do i still need to apply for her visit visa to Canada? pluse let me know the procedure for getting ETA from canadian authorities.

I would really appreciate well thought replies. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,