+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for the spouse of CoPR

piyush_er

Aug 28, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a question.

I and my wife are working in the U.S. I have got my CoPR recently and planning for landing in April. I declared my spouse non-accompanying on the application as she is planning to continue work in the U.S for some time.

However, I want to apply for her tourist visa before my landing so that she can at least visit me over some weekends/holidays. I will also start the sponsorship process once I move.
Questions -
What do you think are the chances of the refusal of visitor visa?
Would you advise against it?
If I apply and it gets denied, will it have any impact on future sponsorship process?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I and my wife are working in the U.S. I have got my CoPR recently and planning for landing in April. I declared my spouse non-accompanying on the application as she is planning to continue work in the U.S for some time.

However, I want to apply for her tourist visa before my landing so that she can at least visit me over some weekends/holidays. I will also start the sponsorship process once I move.
Questions -
It will be difficult to prove that her intentions to visit are short-term. It would seem like she is trying to move to be with you, on a TRV.

You can try, but I would expect a TRV refusal.... unless she includes compelling long-term reasons to return to the US + strong financials, etc

If I apply and it gets denied, will it have any impact on future sponsorship process?
No impact if she does not apply/reapply more than 1-2 times

Reactions: piyush_er

shy!

Sep 5, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have a question.

Questions -

Thanks
Hey! Can you please tell me whether your wife was granted a TRV.