+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for the girl after engagement

Apr 22, 2018
I recently got engaged to a girl who is not in Canada, would like to invite her over to Canada for a couple weeks to spend some time together. I will be providing documents for financial support, a detailed itinerary for the trip, a letter from her employer back home, her own financial documents, tickets etc.
Wondering if I am setting up myself for rejection by mentioning the engagement and easy picking for rejection based on "we don't think you will come back"

@scylla @Bryanna Any pointers greatly appreciated!!
Merci beaucoup

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wouldn't mention the engagement. It will all depend on her financial documents, her ties to her home country and travel history. Wouldn't submit your financial information.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I recently got engaged to a girl who is not in Canada, would like to invite her over to Canada for a couple weeks to spend some time together. I will be providing documents for financial support, a detailed itinerary for the trip, a letter from her employer back home, her own financial documents, tickets etc.
Wondering if I am setting up myself for rejection by mentioning the engagement and easy picking for rejection based on "we don't think you will come back"

@scylla @Bryanna Any pointers greatly appreciated!!
Merci beaucoup
1. Has she traveled to other visa-required countries?

2. Does she earn well by the economic standards in her country? Or have unique work responsibilities?

3. Family members that are dependent on her?

4. Can she afford the airfare and visit with her own finances?

5. It's not advisable to book tickets until visas are issued

Apr 22, 2018
1. Has she traveled to other visa-required countries?

2. Does she earn well by the economic standards in her country? Or have unique work responsibilities?

3. Family members that are dependent on her?

4. Can she afford the airfare and visit with her own finances?

5. It's not advisable to book tickets until visas are issued
Thanks Bryanna. She has not travelled to any other countries. She has a job but does not pay a lot which will be of not much help. After some contemplation, we decided to go with the Spousal PR and wait for it than taking a chance. Thanks for the help.