+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for spouse

KunalC

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Hello Experts,

I will appreciate if you please help me out.
Currently, I am in Canada on a WP and my wife is in India. I have got my WP extended but couldn't apply for my wife at that time as she was in India. Now, as I have received my extension, I want to apply for my wife.
In the current pandemic situation where VFS is not operational yet, is it possible to get visitor visa for my wife? Please note that she has already done the biometric in her last application which is valid for 10yrs.
Can we apply online and get the visa stamped? Any dependency on VFS?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Experts,

I will appreciate if you please help me out.
Currently, I am in Canada on a WP and my wife is in India. I have got my WP extended but couldn't apply for my wife at that time as she was in India. Now, as I have received my extension, I want to apply for my wife.
In the current pandemic situation where VFS is not operational yet, is it possible to get visitor visa for my wife? Please note that she has already done the biometric in her last application which is valid for 10yrs.
Can we apply online and get the visa stamped? Any dependency on VFS?
Right now Canada has travel restrictions in place and most of us expect that these will be extended past September. Right now her travel will most likely be classified as non-essential. I would recommend she apply for an OWP instead of a TRV. I can't answer your other questions but am sure others will help.

Reactions: KunalC

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
I will advice she apply for Spouse Open Work Permit instead of Visiting Visa.
Talking from experience.

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi
I have a question, my husband is canadian citizen living in Ottawa and has business and I’m an Indian citizen, I’m planning to apply for visitor visa as my spousal sponsorship is still in progress and I fit in the category to travel during
Covid-19 under immediate family member
1. can my husband applay for my visitor visa from Canada?
2. as for visitor visa it ask for bank balance, can I show my husband’s details for the same as I’ll be staying with him and he is my sponsor?
3. Any one here who had applied for visitor visa from India while spous sponsorship is going on?

Reactions: mumay fort

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have a question, my husband is canadian citizen living in Ottawa and has business and I’m an Indian citizen, I’m planning to apply for visitor visa as my spousal sponsorship is still in progress and I fit in the category to travel during
2. as for visitor visa it ask for bank balance, can I show my husband’s details for the same as I’ll be staying with him and he is my sponsor?
3. Any one here who had applied for visitor visa from India while spous sponsorship is going on?
Hi Ziya,

1. Yes, he can.
2. Provide 4 months bank statements and other supporting documents since he has business
3. Not from India, but I applied a visitor visa for my mom she's in the Philippines right now. I applied September 12, she got the biometrics request letter the next day.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Ziya K

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi,
I’m applying for visitor visa, my husband is Canadia, the purpose of visit will be to meet my husband and our spousal sponsorship is already in process. Ive never given my biometrics in past, if I’m asked to now, how will that work as VAC Centers in India are closed
is there a solution for it?
In I’m Pune, India now

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I’m applying for visitor visa, my husband is Canadia, the purpose of visit will be to meet my husband and our spousal sponsorship is already in process. Ive never given my biometrics in past, if I’m asked to now, how will that work as VAC Centers in India are closed
is there a solution for it?
In I’m Pune, India now
You have to wait for centres to reopen so that you can give biometrics.

casper007

Jun 28, 2015
Hi ,
Please advise me what to do in my situation ,
I got my COPR on 4 th JUNE in Canada , my wife was with me onOPEN work permit status . Which ended on 22 March 2020 for both of us . After that i applied for Bridge OPEN WORK permit for me and my wife on 6th feb . We were waiting for the WP extension to come . i came to know daybefore yesterday that my wp got cancelled and refunded the fee as i dont required work permit now . So for my wife also it will cancel. In between i got my COPR as i have applied for PR last November as unaccompanied my wife to increase the point. Also i have shared all the info about my marriage in PR application .

Then on 5th June i send my photo and COPR letter to local office and after 4 month yesterday i got my PR card .
My wife had to leave last month to India, due to family emergency.
Now i want to start her Sponsership and also Visitor visa for my wife in order to bring her back.

Her case is like She was full time employed in Toronto for 7 months got temporary laid off in April she was in implied status. she has T4 and an active Bank account in Canada and also her name is with me in the condo Lease till next year. She also has renewed her Indian Passport here in Toronto. She has Biometrics till 2029 and also medical valid till January 2021.
What are the chances of getting visitor visa ? So that she can come back and in the mean time i also start Sponsership. Please help , Thanks For reading

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Although spouses are allowed to travel it doesn’t mean that TRVs are guaranteed. The government didn’t clarify that only spouses who are able to get a TRV will be able to travel to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,
Please advise me what to do in my situation ,
I got my COPR on 4 th JUNE in Canada , my wife was with me onOPEN work permit status . Which ended on 22 March 2020 for both of us . After that i applied for Bridge OPEN WORK permit for me and my wife on 6th feb . We were waiting for the WP extension to come . i came to know daybefore yesterday that my wp got cancelled and refunded the fee as i dont required work permit now . So for my wife also it will cancel. In between i got my COPR as i have applied for PR last November as unaccompanied my wife to increase the point. Also i have shared all the info about my marriage in PR application .

Then on 5th June i send my photo and COPR letter to local office and after 4 month yesterday i got my PR card .
My wife had to leave last month to India, due to family emergency.
Now i want to start her Sponsership and also Visitor visa for my wife in order to bring her back.

Her case is like She was full time employed in Toronto for 7 months got temporary laid off in April she was in implied status. she has T4 and an active Bank account in Canada and also her name is with me in the condo Lease till next year. She also has renewed her Indian Passport here in Toronto. She has Biometrics till 2029 and also medical valid till January 2021.
What are the chances of getting visitor visa ? So that she can come back and in the mean time i also start Sponsership. Please help , Thanks For reading
Probably not great because she isn’t a temporary visitor but you can certainly try.

casper007

Jun 28, 2015
Thanks for the reply ! But what if i give proper explanation about her situation and every 2 months she will go back as her parental family need her for responsibility. then what are the chances

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Although spouses are allowed to travel it doesn’t mean that TRVs are guaranteed. The government didn’t clarify that only spouses who are able to get a TRV will be able to travel to Canada.
True, I can understand
I hope get I get the TRV and authorisation to travel to Canada :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply ! But what if i give proper explanation about her situation and every 2 months she will go back as her parental family need her for responsibility. then what are the chances
You can try and you'll need to provide proof of why she needs to return and why nobody else can help her family. Most people give reasons but never actually return so unless there is very solid proof that she will return the chances are arouns the same. Even in your scenario she will be living in Canada and returning home for short visits to deal with family responsibilities.

Would also warn you that she lost her implied status when she left Canada. Why did she have implied ststus? Had she applied for a new WP? On what grounds? If she was receiving CERB she would no longer qualify when her implied status ended and she returned to India.

Reactions: casper007