+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Spouse

Canada_101

Apr 28, 2019
Hi I am wondering if i should apply for visit visa for my spouse, I m a canadian citizen n applied for my husbands sponsorship this month n waiting for AOR, im currently in canada n he is back home, ..Im on Ei since last month I do have good savings of 11k that i didnt borrow w or anything ..Is it okay if we apply for his visitor visa ..he has a job n also has one property under his name back home.or should i wait until i have a good job? My husband was living in uk before n jst moved back home like 5 months ago so he didnt open a bank acct until last month when he got a jobn deposited his savings that he had in cash into the bank.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I am wondering if i should apply for visit visa for my spouse, I m a canadian citizen n applied for my husbands sponsorship this month n waiting for AOR, im currently in canada n he is back home, ..Im on Ei since last month I do have good savings of 11k that i didnt borrow w or anything ..Is it okay if we apply for his visitor visa ..he has a job n also has one property under his name back home.or should i wait until i have a good job? My husband was living in uk before n jst moved back home like 5 months ago so he didnt open a bank acct until last month when he got a jobn deposited his savings that he had in cash into the bank.
He will likely be refused unless he has extremely strong ties to his home country. Given that he only recently moved home and his wife is in Canada his chances are very low to get TRV. Would strongly encourage you to get a new job so you can say you are employed on your application.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you are thinking of having him come in on a TRV and then sponsor him, you cannot as long as you are on EI.

Canada_101

Apr 28, 2019
If you are thinking of having him come in on a TRV and then sponsor him, you cannot as long as you are on EI.
i already sponsored him n yes i was on EI when i sponsored him ..i called cic n they said that was okay as long as im not on welfare..I had to quit my job when i went back home for the wedding n i will most likely have a job in a month m going thru the process with this government job n it just takes time with them

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
i already sponsored him n yes i was on EI when i sponsored him ..i called cic n they said that was okay as long as im not on welfare..I had to quit my job when i went back home for the wedding n i will most likely have a job in a month m going thru the process with this government job n it just takes time with them
You're right, my apologies, EI is not social assistance.

If you've already applied to sponsor him, a tourist visa will be next to impossible.

Canada_101

Apr 28, 2019
He will likely be refused unless he has extremely strong ties to his home country. Given that he only recently moved home and his wife is in Canada his chances are very low to get TRV. Would strongly encourage you to get a new job so you can say you are employed on your application.
see thats what i thought but i have a frnd who got married around same time as time in dec 2018 n applied for sponsorshipnin jan 2019 n visit visa in feb 2019 for his spouse n she doesnt have a bank acct either n not working either n my frnd in canada jst got a new job in canada as well n his visit visa was approved for his spouse ...but i guess each case is different

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
see thats what i thought but i have a frnd who got married around same time as time in dec 2018 n applied for sponsorshipnin jan 2019 n visit visa in feb 2019 for his spouse n she doesnt have a bank acct either n not working either n my frnd in canada jst got a new job in canada as well n his visit visa was approved for his spouse ...but i guess each case is different
So you're saying your other friend received a job in Canada and then applied for a tourist visa? No, that didn't happen that way.

Canada_101

Apr 28, 2019
So you're saying your other friend received a job in Canada and then applied for a tourist visa? No, that didn't happen that way.
no my frnd who lives in canada also sponsored his wife as outland sponsorship n after he sent the sponsorship application they applied for his wifes visit visa n it was approved my frnd also had to quit his job we worked at the same company n so he jst got a new job 2 months ago

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Okay, that doesn't really change anything. Each visa case is different, sometimes people demonstrate ties to their home country appropriately. In your friend's case, his wife may have had sufficient ties to her home country to not pose and overstay risk.

That's what you have to do - provide enough proof that you won't overstay.

Canada_101

Apr 28, 2019
Okay, that doesn't really change anything. Each visa case is different, sometimes people demonstrate ties to their home country appropriately. In your friend's case, his wife may have had sufficient ties to her home country to not pose and overstay risk.

That's what you have to do - provide enough proof that you won't overstay.
thanks...btw do u know if we give biometrics for visit visa do we need to give biometrics again for sponsorship application?

amit84

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
inida
Hello Seniors,
I am working in Canada as a Supervisor with full-time permanent job which i had started in march2019.My spouse and Son are in Home-country,i have to apply for their visit-visa during my son's summer vacation. Although my wife is working full-time in a good company and my son's schooling is going on.My spouse has enough funds,property on my name.I have also, send the notarized Invitation letter for their support,copy of permit,two recent paystubs,job offer.
What else should i attach in order to get the success?