djsum

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
Hi All,

Greetings!!! I apologize if a thread already exists regarding this. Please do direct me if there is.

I am a Canadian PR card holder and I am getting married on 11th Jan 2016. I wanted to bring my wife over to Canada and will be applying for a PR in the Family Class Sponsorship category. I was wondering if I can still go ahead and apply for a visitor visa for my spouse right away after my marriage (including the marriage certificate and any other documentation supporting our marriage). She is currently working and can return back to her assignment after a few months of stay in Canada with me.

I do not want to wait for 3-4 months for the PR confirmation to come and then going for a visitor visa. Thus wanted to see if I can bring her over right away after my marriage.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - she can certainly apply for the visitor visa right away.

Note that it isn't uncommon for spouses of PRs/citizens to be refused since CIC can have concerns the spouse is using the TRV to try to move to Canada early (rather than just visit). To have the highest chance of approval, she should include strong evidence to demonstrate her ties to her home country (e.g. employment, property, assets).

Eight

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
Hi Syclla! How are you? I made a cover letter and I am not sure if it is right. May I ask your help to check it. I will sent you in private message. Thanks in advance.

djsum

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
scylla said:
Yes - she can certainly apply for the visitor visa right away.

Note that it isn't uncommon for spouses of PRs/citizens to be refused since CIC can have concerns the spouse is using the TRV to try to move to Canada early (rather than just visit). To have the highest chance of approval, she should include strong evidence to demonstrate her ties to her home country (e.g. employment, property, assets).
Thanks for the prompt response Scylla :) I will definitely try to provide as much evidence as possible to show that she is willing to return back to the home country after a few months.

djsum

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
Sorry one additional thing....Is it possible that once I she comes over on a visitor visa.. and we get the PR confirmation number....can we apply for an open work permit (Bridge work permit)?

Thanks for your help in advance :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
djsum said:
Sorry one additional thing....Is it possible that once I she comes over on a visitor visa.. and we get the PR confirmation number....can we apply for an open work permit (Bridge work permit)?

Thanks for your help in advance :)
No - not possible. Bridging open work permits are not available for spousal sponsorships - only for economic immigration applications. There is an open work permit for inland (within Canada) spousal sponsorships - but no open work permit for outland spousal sponsorships (how you are applying).

djsum

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
Thanks again for the quick response Scylla

Eight

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
Hi Syclla! Please have time to check your inbox. I need advise on the cover letter/explanation before submitting my application. Thanks in advnace

usamah.js

Nov 8, 2017
Thanks again for the quick response Scylla

Hi Disum,

I would like your help with regards to the same situation you were in back in 2016. If you could please email me and guide me for the best steps available. My case is different in a sense that I am PR holder but not actually available in Canada at the moment. My plan is to move to canada in a years time. So I want to know the best way in which I can travel together with my wife after one year. Thanks