+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Spouse from India

Jazz38

Jun 1, 2021
Hello People,

Good day!

Hope everyone is safe and sound

Just got a question on Visitor VISA from India. I'm going to apply Visitor VISA for my spouse around June 1st week, 2021. anyone knows how long the total processing time would be?
I know that its 156 days as per the Canada official site but would like to know if anyone applied lately and got the VISA. It would be much helpful if anyone could comment your processing time or any other information/experience on spouse VISA from India in 2021. This will help myself to make some important decisions.

Thanks for taking time and reading this. Hope is the only thing that we have with us! Lets HOPE to see the back the normal world with healthy life to everyone

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello People,

Good day!

Hope everyone is safe and sound

Just got a question on Visitor VISA from India. I'm going to apply Visitor VISA for my spouse around June 1st week, 2021. anyone knows how long the total processing time would be?
I know that its 156 days as per the Canada official site but would like to know if anyone applied lately and got the VISA. It would be much helpful if anyone could comment your processing time or any other information/experience on spouse VISA from India in 2021. This will help myself to make some important decisions.

Thanks for taking time and reading this. Hope is the only thing that we have with us! Lets HOPE to see the back the normal world with healthy life to everyone
Read through the discussions in the Visitors section of the forum.

This thread might be helpful in knowing what to expect.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-from-india-outside-of-canada-applicants-of-october-or-november-2020.710572/page-73

Jazz38

Jun 1, 2021
So getting a visitor visa will be difficult as you should be sponsoring your spouse. Officers will know she is not coming to visit. Have you started the process?
yeah :(

Applied for sponsorship in Jan 2021, application returned because of a minor issue in Apr 2021
Re applied but still waiting for the acknowledgement. so probably it would take an year.

In the meantime i thought of applying visitor visa.

My spouse has a job in India and she is visiting only for 3 months, we are preparing the air tickets, employment letter as proof.

So, just wondering if this could still be rejected?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Applied for sponsorship in Jan 2021, application returned because of a minor issue in Apr 2021
Re applied but still waiting for the acknowledgement. so probably it would take an year.

My spouse has a job in India and she is visiting only for 3 months, we are preparing the air tickets, employment letter as proof.

Processing is around 5-6 months for a visitor visa and has a high chance of rejection since you have a sponsorship application underway and a 3 month visit. She needs to show funds for a 3 month visit. Don’t buy airfare.

Nairalander

Oct 28, 2017
False Information
You can apply for visitors visa for spouse .

Its on their website, you will need show evidence that your spousal sponsorship is in progress.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You can apply for a TRV but it is harder to get approved if you have a sponsorship in process although a refusal won’t hurt the sponsorship application. Unless your spouse is a teacher being able to take a leave of 3 months does not show very strong ties to her job. Having a job versus no job does increase her chances of having her TRV approved so you never know. Normally TRVs for spouses of citizens and PRs are very difficult to get. They have become easier to get due to covid but with Canada starting to open up we may get back to normal. Posted processing times are very long but you will need to signal that she meets the travel exemptions so will be processed faster than general TRVs. It will still may take a few months for a response but if she has done biometrics already that will help speed things up.

Reactions: harveybombay

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Hi Jazz,

Trust you are doing well.

I saw your post in Canada immigration forum and wanted to have some information regarding spouse visitor visa. Actually, I am in a similar situation and planning to apply for my spouse visitor visa from India. Currently, we both are in India and I am a permanent resident of Canada , seeking to apply visitor visa for my spouse from India.

If you have already applied for visitor visa , could you please help me with documents or step by step process to apply for the same? It's little confusing to read all the stuff available online and many people say there are high chances of rejection in spouse visitor visa application. Wanting to know if your application is approved/in-process and the documents that can be submitted to increase visa acceptance chances.

I have a job in Canada and need to return however I would want the spouse visitor visa to be filed so that my spouse can assist with the initial settlement for 15-30 days. What all documents do I need to submit to Canada govt. for my spouse visitor visa application and under which category/reason?

I request other members of the forum as well for their advice (@Naturgrl, @Nairalander , @canuck78 ).

Regards.

Jazz38

Jun 1, 2021
So my spouse visa -

applied on apr 30,2021

no update no AOR yet

When asked IRCc - “we are checking the completeness of the application “ for past 5 months
Meanwhile many folks applied after me got PPR

should I withdraw and reapply?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So my spouse visa -

applied on apr 30,2021

no update no AOR yet

When asked IRCc - “we are checking the completeness of the application “ for past 5 months
Meanwhile many folks applied after me got PPR

should I withdraw and reapply?
Yes reapply.