+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for spouse - attending graduation ceremony.

shiv1408

Mar 28, 2016
Hello,

My spouse intends to apply for a TRV to attend my graduation ceremony (Montreal) in November 2018. Her plan is to ask for 3 weeks of stay.

She had lived in the UK as a student until last year. However, she was rejected for a visitor visa to Canada in February this year (before we were married, before she had any money in her account or a job, I myself had only $4000, was on a student visa without a job, and we asked for 2 months of stay). Despite this rejection, she got another UK visa to visit the UK (still active).

In reapplying for a Canadian TRV we have the following changes:

Now, as financial proof she has $12,000 in her account. I myself have about $5000 in my account but I recently got a full time job at my university which commences next month.

She is providing proof of family ties back home in the form of working in her family business (a letter) and the fact that she is staying with her parents (birth certificate, and a letter from parents).

As proof of ties to canada, she is my spouse and we have our marriage certificate as proof and a letter of invitation with her name, from the university to attend my graduation.

Will this be sufficient to re-apply for a TRV?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello,

My spouse intends to apply for a TRV to attend my graduation ceremony (Montreal) in November 2018. Her plan is to ask for 3 weeks of stay.

She had lived in the UK as a student until last year. However, she was rejected for a visitor visa to Canada in February this year (before we were married, before she had any money in her account or a job, I myself had only $4000, was on a student visa without a job, and we asked for 2 months of stay). Despite this rejection, she got another UK visa to visit the UK (still active).

In reapplying for a Canadian TRV we have the following changes:

Now, as financial proof she has $12,000 in her account. I myself have about $5000 in my account but I recently got a full time job at my university which commences next month.

She is providing proof of family ties back home in the form of working in her family business (a letter) and the fact that she is staying with her parents (birth certificate, and a letter from parents).

As proof of ties to canada, she is my spouse and we have our marriage certificate as proof and a letter of invitation with her name, from the university to attend my graduation.

Will this be sufficient to re-apply for a TRV?
You may want to re-visit this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse.576929/

I notice a few changes in her new application profile:
1. What is the source of the CAD 12,000 in her account? Was it earned by her or was it borrowed from someone (seems like the latter to me)?

2. A letter issued by her parents that says she is employed with their company will not work. Don't risk a misrepresentation ban

3. She can consider applying for a SOWP once you have at least 3 pay stubs for a skilled NOC A, B or 0 job

Last edited:

shiv1408

Mar 28, 2016
You may want to re-visit this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse.576929/

I notice a few changes in her new application profile:
1. What is the source of the CAD 12,000 in her account? Was it earned by her or was it borrowed from someone (seems like the latter to me)?

2. A letter issued by her parents that says she is employed with their company will not work. Don't risk a misrepresentation ban

3. She can consider applying for a SOWP once you have at least 3 pay stubs for a skilled NOC A, B or 0 job
Thanks for this Bryanna. But my wife will not apply for the SOWP (we are no longer considering this). She needs to go back to India to apply for scholarships and attend interviews for the same - she will be doing a PhD in the UK starting next year. Hence it makes more sense to apply for a Visitor Visa. We just want to spend some time together in Canada because I am working here and wants to attend my graduation. Any thoughts?