+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Sibling Sister

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
From which country are?
It is not wired as fucking officer don't care about your documents. They make a decision based on their mood.
My brother visa also rejected . 2 times shenguen visa. 40k Euro in his account . Without his her wife and his son. With one property and job letter.
I haven't met him since 5 years ago and I am not able to go out because of my job
She applied from INDIA

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My sister is having $23000 in her bank account and i have also attached my bank statement having more than $75000. My sister is divorcee and living with my parents and taking care of them.

She never travelled to any other country except thailand and she never applied for PR or permit as she dont want to settle on CANADA and she want to remain in INDIA. she has to take care of airfare only max as she is going to live in my house and food/accomodation provided by me.
Order GCMS notes for reasons. Your funds do not have to be considered. If she has $23k for two people then how much is left over? She may be showing she is spending all her savings to come to Canada. Can’t believe she will have no other expenses - touring, eating out, souvenirs etc. Also if daughter comes then she has no family ties in home country. Assume daughter has approval from father to leave country.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Moreover I have one enquiry that when someone is applying for PR then also for 2 person funds should be around$14000-$15000 so that if that person will get PR then he or she should have some funds to survive till he or she will get job and settle properly. Then $23000 is more than enough if someone is coming for just 2 weeks and we have showed the home ties as well. She is working in US multinational company as team lead and attached proper company letter with approval and pay stubs and ITR as well
What does funds for PR have to do with a TRV? It is expected that PRs will get a job once in Canada to afford their expenses. She is single so what are her family ties?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I applied for my sister and her daughter come to visit me in Canada and they refused them saying :
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

Reason1 •Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

We have showed bank statements of CAD 23000 approx and total assets of CAD 72000 and i think it sufficient for a stay of 14 days.

Reason 2• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

1. I have also included my sister employer letter approving 14 days of leave or day offs and my sister's daughter school letter mentioning that there will be summer vacation during their stay.

2. I have also included banquet letter and invitation letter for celebrating my twins daughter birthday in june and i am inviting my sister and niece to attend and moreover we havent met from last 3.5 yrs so i want them to visit me

3. I have also mentioned that she is working as team lead and cant take more than 14 days absence as have many important meetings aligned after this visit and she is the only one taking care of my old parents,

I sent a formal invitation letter mentioning everything and banquet letter for birthday party of my daughters. I have also attached my ID's like canadian passport, canadian citizenship letter , other ID's and my bank statement having more than 100K.

I dont know what else i should mention
Can anyone help me understand this case? I would really appreciate any Comment
Where is she travelling from? Does she have citizenship in that country? How did you get status in Canada? Has she ever applied to study or work abroad or immigrate? Is she married? Does she live with her parents? Do they require full-time care or are they able to care for themselves? Was her savings in cash or FDs or other investments? Does she own property? Have lease? How old is her child?

Just glanced at previous posts. Your parents having a TRV or supervisa is likely one of the issues. How much time have they spent in Canada? Do they have a supervisa? There will be concerns that your parents will come to Canada to visit longterm and your sister will want to join them with your daughter so the whole family is in Canada. Does the multinational have offices in Canada?

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Where is she travelling from? Does she have citizenship in that country? How did you get status in Canada? Has she ever applied to study or work abroad or immigrate? Is she married? Does she live with her parents? Do they require full-time care or are they able to care for themselves? Was her savings in cash or FDs or other investments? Does she own property? Have lease? How old is her child?

Just glanced at previous posts. Your parents having a TRV or supervisa is likely one of the issues. How much time have they spent in Canada? Do they have a supervisa? There will be concerns that your parents will come to Canada to visit longterm and your sister will want to join them with your daughter so the whole family is in Canada. Does the multinational have offices in Canada?
She is travelling from delhi INDIA and she is having INDIAN citizenship by birth and my complete family is from INDIA. I came as PR and now Canadian citizen.

She never applied for study or work abroad or any other type of visa for canada or any other country.

She is divorced and living with our parents.

My parents dont require full time care and she is having CAD 22000 in her bank account

Total asset value apart from bank balance is CAD 50000. so total CAD 72000 in total

She dont hv any property on her name. Her daughter is 10 yrs old

My parents have visitor visa and not supervisa and they never visited me due to covid.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
What does funds for PR have to do with a TRV? It is expected that PRs will get a job once in Canada to afford their expenses. She is single so what are her family ties?
She is working in a company from last 10 years and hv stable job. She is working as team lead and her daughter also getting good education in one of the best school in the city. She is going to live in my house here in canada and i have attached my bank statement, job letter and i will take care of accomodation and food. so she has to pay only for air fare around CAD 4500 for herself and her daughter and she is having CAD 22000 in her bank account

Family ties

As she is living with our parents.

Although i am responsible for stay and food
but in case if she has to pay for accomodation or food along with air fare. then also CAD 22000 in her bank account is more than enough. but still Visa officer mentioned funds insufficient as one of the reason

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Order GCMS notes for reasons. Your funds do not have to be considered. If she has $23k for two people then how much is left over? She may be showing she is spending all her savings to come to Canada. Can’t believe she will have no other expenses - touring, eating out, souvenirs etc. Also if daughter comes then she has no family ties in home country. Assume daughter has approval from father to leave country.
I think you havent read the whole thread from starting.

what r u telling me that for 14 days vacation $23k is required. Even she has to spend for accomodation plus food still she can easily manage around $10000 .

But most important is she has to pay only for air fare asi have my own house and i will take care of accomodation , food and all touring etc.

so she has to spend only $4500 roughly for air fare.

She has stable job and team lead position and dont want to settle in canada.
secondly, her daughter is also studying from last 7 yrs in same school and getting good education in INDIA.

She is planning a trip so that her daughter can meet her first cousin sisters as her daughter is having summer vacation in july 2nd 2023 as per indian school curriculum.

I think all brother sisters (cousins ) wants to spend time with each other in their summer vacation and we also did in our times and everyone usually do that in every country and community. Many travelled to their uncle and cousin house to spend some quality time with them

My sister daughter dont require father approval as my sister is divorced and have full custody papers which we already submitted along with application and mentioned in LOE

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I think you havent read the whole thread from starting.

what r u telling me that for 14 days vacation $23k is required. Even she has to spend for accomodation plus food still she can easily manage around $10000 .

But most important is she has to pay only for air fare asi have my own house and i will take care of accomodation , food and all touring etc.

so she has to spend only $4500 roughly for air fare.

She has stable job and team lead position and dont want to settle in canada.
secondly, her daughter is also studying from last 7 yrs in same school and getting good education in INDIA.

She is planning a trip so that her daughter can meet her first cousin sisters as her daughter is having summer vacation in july 2nd 2023 as per indian school curriculum.

I think all brother sisters (cousins ) wants to spend time with each other in their summer vacation and we also did in our times and everyone usually do that in every country and community. Many travelled to their uncle and cousin house to spend some quality time with them

My sister daughter dont require father approval as my sister is divorced and have full custody papers which we already submitted along with application and mentioned in LOE
I did read your past posts and posted the following

Order GCMS notes to see full reasons.
1. You say “we” so who showed those bank accounts? The $23k is your sister’s acount? If spouse is remaining, is that all their cash? After airfare, daily expenses then may be seen as using all savings to come to Canada. Assets not relevant if not cash.
2. This is a general statement meaning many things that needs GCMS notes. Is spouse remaining behind? Those are family ties not parents. How is she taking care of parents? If living with her or they need care then provide medical notes and outline who is caring for parents if she is not there. Do they have travel to US, UK, NZ or AUS to show that they will abide by immigration laws? Has sister ever applied for any permit or PR program?

So will say it again. I am addressing reasons for refusal, and what IRCC sees.
Funds - She has $23k so spending $10k plus $4k shows she is spending almost all her savings to come to Canada. That is how IRCC sees it. Your bank statements, job letter etc. do not have to be considered. IRCC doesn’t like for people to give letter of invitation and then say that the person in Canada will be taking care of all expenses except airfare. Red flag to IRCC. Your invitation should say that they will stay there but sister will be responsible for other costs.

Family ties - Family ties are not parents or grandparents, it is the family unit of your sister and child.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
I did read your past posts and posted the following

Order GCMS notes to see full reasons.
1. You say “we” so who showed those bank accounts? The $23k is your sister’s acount? If spouse is remaining, is that all their cash? After airfare, daily expenses then may be seen as using all savings to come to Canada. Assets not relevant if not cash.
2. This is a general statement meaning many things that needs GCMS notes. Is spouse remaining behind? Those are family ties not parents. How is she taking care of parents? If living with her or they need care then provide medical notes and outline who is caring for parents if she is not there. Do they have travel to US, UK, NZ or AUS to show that they will abide by immigration laws? Has sister ever applied for any permit or PR program?

So will say it again. I am addressing reasons for refusal, and what IRCC sees.
Funds - She has $23k so spending $10k plus $4k shows she is spending almost all her savings to come to Canada. That is how IRCC sees it. Your bank statements, job letter etc. do not have to be considered. IRCC doesn’t like for people to give letter of invitation and then say that the person in Canada will be taking care of all expenses except airfare. Red flag to IRCC. Your invitation should say that they will stay there but sister will be responsible for other costs.

Family ties - Family ties are not parents or grandparents, it is the family unit of your sister and child.
She has to spend $4000 on air tickets and may be $2000-3000 more on little shopping and for visiting niagara or toronto thats it. MAximum expense include everything would be $7000-$8000

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
She has to spend $4000 on air tickets and may be $2000-3000 more on little shopping and for visiting niagara or toronto thats it. MAximum expense include everything would be $7000-$8000
If anyone is visiting his or her brother , sister or any relative then its obvious that there is no expense of hotel/stay or food so total expense would roughly around $6000-$8000 max and My sister has $22500 as bank balance so she is not spending her entire savings as its just 1/3rd part of cash amount.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If anyone is visiting his or her brother , sister or any relative then its obvious that there is no expense of hotel/stay or food so total expense would roughly around $6000-$8000 max and My sister has $22500 as bank balance so she is not spending her entire savings as its just 1/3rd part of cash amount.
That was your sister's reason for refusal - funds - correct? She needs to increase her funds...simple answer. What she showed was not enough. Argue with IRCC, not us. Was she not coming with her daughter? So that would add on additional costs. Also that is $22k for two people if she is not married. For one, person may be enough but for two IRCC sees it differently.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She is travelling from delhi INDIA and she is having INDIAN citizenship by birth and my complete family is from INDIA. I came as PR and now Canadian citizen.

She never applied for study or work abroad or any other type of visa for canada or any other country.

She is divorced and living with our parents.

My parents dont require full time care and she is having CAD 22000 in her bank account

Total asset value apart from bank balance is CAD 50000. so total CAD 72000 in total

She dont hv any property on her name. Her daughter is 10 yrs old

My parents have visitor visa and not supervisa and they never visited me due to covid.
Are the assets in cash? That may be one of the issues. FD or other investments are not viewed as accessible funds.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
That was your sister's reason for refusal - funds - correct? She needs to increase her funds...simple answer. What she showed was not enough. Argue with IRCC, not us. Was she not coming with her daughter? So that would add on additional costs. Also that is $22k for two people if she is not married. For one, person may be enough but for two IRCC sees it differently.
FIrst of all i am not arguing. If you think that answering your questions and replying is arguing then i am sorry for you to understand the things.

secondly, I am not sure what you have read and understand. CAD 22000 is equivalent to INR 1,320,000.00.
If any one wants to go for europe tour for 7-10 days which includes air fare transportation , 4 star hotel and food then 2 people can easily plan the trip for around INR 5,00,000 - INR 6,00,000 easily as i already went to switzerland , Italy and germany for 1 week so i know. Infact europe is costly than canada

AND here in my sister case 2 people are coming to my house when there is no expense of living and food atleast and only expense is airfare or little bit shopping in case. so still you are also think funds are not enough. She is not going to spend even the 50% of her cash in hand which $22000.

The only reason of rejection which many consultants told me that some IRCC officer dont even bother to view the statements of a summary where applicant mentioned about the cash or bank balance. They dont spend even 10-15 min to review the application details.

ANYWAYS THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND VIEWS

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
FIrst of all i am not arguing. If you think that answering your questions and replying is arguing then i am sorry for you to understand the things.

secondly, I am not sure what you have read and understand. CAD 22000 is equivalent to INR 1,320,000.00.
If any one wants to go for europe tour for 7-10 days which includes air fare transportation , 4 star hotel and food then 2 people can easily plan the trip for around INR 5,00,000 - INR 6,00,000 easily as i already went to switzerland , Italy and germany for 1 week so i know. Infact europe is costly than canada

AND here in my sister case 2 people are coming to my house when there is no expense of living and food atleast and only expense is airfare or little bit shopping in case. so still you are also think funds are not enough. She is not going to spend even the 50% of her cash in hand which $22000.

The only reason of rejection which many consultants told me that some IRCC officer dont even bother to view the statements of a summary where applicant mentioned about the cash or bank balance. They dont spend even 10-15 min to review the application details.

ANYWAYS THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND VIEWS
Sorry I don’t know currency conversions. The issue from IRCC’s point of view is that she only has $22k in savings for two people. It doesn’t mean she is going to need to spend $22k on a holiday. It means her savings are low. If something happens during her visit or she decides to stay longer, she doesn’t have the funds. You can reapply with what you have, it is your choice. All refusals must be stated again. She is your extended family and her child is not considered a family member to you, so your funds and staying at your home do not have to be considered.