+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Sibling Sister

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi everyone, I need some advice here.
I am a PR in Canada and my Mother is visiting us in Canada. We are planning to celebrate my mother's 57th birthday in Canada in August. I would like to invite my brother and his wife for this birthday celebration. My brother and his wife both are Civil Engineers and residing in Qatar for almost 6 years now and have engineering jobs and also, sufficient savings.
Is inviting them to our Mother's birthday a valid reason for their Visitor VISA to be approved.
If so, please guide me what documents I need to provide and any letter samples
If not, what other reasons can I include as a valid reason.
Thanks,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a PR in Canada and my Mother is visiting us in Canada. We are planning to celebrate my mother's 57th birthday in Canada in August. I would like to invite my brother and his wife for this birthday celebration. My brother and his wife both are Civil Engineers and residing in Qatar for almost 6 years now and have engineering jobs and also, sufficient savings.
Is inviting them to our Mother's birthday a valid reason for their Visitor VISA to be approved.
Thanks,
Your mother is a visitor in Canada so inviting family to Canada for her birthday is not a good reason. Just visiting family is a reason.

You can invite them to come visit you and include an itinerary.

Reactions: SAKARUN

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Your mother is a visitor in Canada so inviting family to Canada for her birthday is not a good reason. Just visiting family is a reason.

You can invite them to come visit you and include an itinerary.
Hi, thanks for the helpful suggestion

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks,

Assume they are not citizens of Qatar. Do they have previous travel experience especially to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc.? How long has your mother been visiting Canada? When did you move to Canada. It is not unusual for professionals living in the Middle East with good jobs to try and move to Canada because they have no path to citizenship where they are working. You also don’t have strong ties to your home country when you don’t live there. Proof that your family in general (including your mother) are only visiting Canada and will return home will influence their chances of approval.

Nemanjar

Mar 8, 2022
Hello everyone, sory for asking/posting on this topic but didn't want to open new topic for just one question. But here goes..

My visitor visa aplication got approved recently. Now this visa was via family(my brother) invitation, I recived an invitation letter from him, his company employment and payroll lists.
Now my question is this..
Can I still come to Canada with this visa without going to him. I wont even go to city or even a state that he's in. He wont be able to accomodate me so I plan to go to my cousins who are in diferent state in Canada??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, sory for asking/posting on this topic but didn't want to open new topic for just one question. But here goes..

My visitor visa aplication got approved recently. Now this visa was via family(my brother) invitation, I recived an invitation letter from him, his company employment and payroll lists.
Now my question is this..
Can I still come to Canada with this visa without going to him. I wont even go to city or even a state that he's in. He wont be able to accomodate me so I plan to go to my cousins who are in diferent state in Canada??
You can visit any province (not states). You may be asked where you are visiting when you enter.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Hello,
I applied for my sister and her daughter come to visit me in Canada and they refused them saying :
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

Reason1 •Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

We have showed bank statements of CAD 23000 approx and total assets of CAD 72000 and i think it sufficient for a stay of 14 days.

Reason 2• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

1. I have also included my sister employer letter approving 14 days of leave or day offs and my sister's daughter school letter mentioning that there will be summer vacation during their stay.

2. I have also included banquet letter and invitation letter for celebrating my twins daughter birthday in june and i am inviting my sister and niece to attend and moreover we havent met from last 3.5 yrs so i want them to visit me

3. I have also mentioned that she is working as team lead and cant take more than 14 days absence as have many important meetings aligned after this visit and she is the only one taking care of my old parents,

I sent a formal invitation letter mentioning everything and banquet letter for birthday party of my daughters. I have also attached my ID's like canadian passport, canadian citizenship letter , other ID's and my bank statement having more than 100K.

I dont know what else i should mention
Can anyone help me understand this case? I would really appreciate any Comment

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Hello,
I applied for my sister and her daughter come to visit me in Canada and they refused them saying :
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

Reason1 •Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

We have showed bank statements of CAD 23000 approx and total assets of CAD 72000 and i think it sufficient for a stay of 14 days.

Reason 2• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

1. I have also included my sister employer letter approving 14 days of leave or day offs and my sister's daughter school letter mentioning that there will be summer vacation during their stay.

2. I have also included banquet letter and invitation letter for celebrating my twins daughter birthday in june and i am inviting my sister and niece to attend and moreover we havent met from last 3.5 yrs so i want them to visit me

3. I have also mentioned that she is working as team lead and cant take more than 14 days absence as have many important meetings aligned after this visit and she is the only one taking care of my old parents,

I sent a formal invitation letter mentioning everything and banquet letter for birthday party of my daughters. I have also attached my ID's like canadian passport, canadian citizenship letter , other ID's and my bank statement having more than 100K.

Arramezani

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Hello,

From which country are?
It is not wired as fucking officer don't care about your documents. They make a decision based on their mood.
My brother visa also rejected . 2 times shenguen visa. 40k Euro in his account . Without his her wife and his son. With one property and job letter.
I haven't met him since 5 years ago and I am not able to go out because of my job

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Order GCMS notes to see full reasons.
1. You say “we” so who showed those bank accounts? The $23k is your sister’s acount? If spouse is remaining, is that all their cash? After airfare, daily expenses then may be seen as using all savings to come to Canada. Assets not relevant if not cash.
2. This is a general statement meaning many things that needs GCMS notes. Is spouse remaining behind? Those are family ties not parents. How is she taking care of parents? If living with her or they need care then provide medical notes and outline who is caring for parents if she is not there. Do they have travel to US, UK, NZ or AUS to show that they will abide by immigration laws? Has sister ever applied for any permit or PR program?

Nemanjar

Mar 8, 2022
1. You say “we” so who showed those bank accounts? The $23k is your sister’s acount? If spouse is remaining, is that all their cash? After airfare, daily expenses then may be seen as using all savings to come to Canada. Assets not relevant if not cash.
2. This is a general statement meaning many things that needs GCMS notes. Is spouse remaining behind? Those are family ties not parents. How is she taking care of parents? If living with her or they need care then provide medical notes and outline who is caring for parents if she is not there. Do they have travel to US, UK, NZ or AUS to show that they will abide by immigration laws? Has sister ever applied for any permit or PR program?
Its not money, my visa was aproved with only like 7000 CAD on my bank account.

My advice is that you add more documents in the field "ties to home country" like their property, and even their parents property is valid document as a tie to home country

Reactions: samirtaneja

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Its not money, my visa was aproved with only like 7000 CAD on my bank account.

My advice is that you add more documents in the field "ties to home country" like their property, and even their parents property is valid document as a tie to home country
Reason was money though. Are you single? Parents property are not ties as it is not the sister’s property and she is married with a child and over 22.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
My sister is having $23000 in her bank account and i have also attached my bank statement having more than $75000. My sister is divorcee and living with my parents and taking care of them.

She never travelled to any other country except thailand and she never applied for PR or permit as she dont want to settle on CANADA and she want to remain in INDIA. she has to take care of airfare only max as she is going to live in my house and food/accomodation provided by me.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Moreover I have one enquiry that when someone is applying for PR then also for 2 person funds should be around$14000-$15000 so that if that person will get PR then he or she should have some funds to survive till he or she will get job and settle properly. Then $23000 is more than enough if someone is coming for just 2 weeks and we have showed the home ties as well. She is working in US multinational company as team lead and attached proper company letter with approval and pay stubs and ITR as well