+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for sibling and parents

Jackbauerquek

Nov 19, 2021
I am currently on work a permit. I am applying for Visitor visa for me and my parents: I have a question regarding visitor visa application. I

"What is the main purpose of your visit" on application portal : Is this "To visit family and/or friends"
"Purpose of my Visit" section on form IMM 5257E: -Is this "Family visit", "Visit", or "Other"

I am asking this as sibling and parents don't fall under definition of the family.

Family members: An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I am currently on work a permit. I am applying for Visitor visa for me and my parents: I have a question regarding visitor visa application. I

"What is the main purpose of your visit" on application portal : Is this "To visit family and/or friends"
"Purpose of my Visit" section on form IMM 5257E: -Is this "Family visit", "Visit", or "Other"

I am asking this as sibling and parents don't fall under definition of the family.

Family members: An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.
Why aren’t you applying using the new IRCC portal? It’s much easier and options are quite clearer. It’s good for families visiting to reunite.