+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Parents

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
I don't want to hijack this thread but the question about proof funds for a visitor visa is an interesting one when it comes to Cuba. Presumably IRCC is aware that Cubans don't make any money there. Therefore for my mother-in-law's proof of funds we were obligated to show our own (myself and my wife's) here in Canada.

My mother-in-law receives a princely retirement check in Cuba every month of around $12 in the local currency which for added fun is worthless in the rest of the world. Needless to say Cubans remain poor and hungry in their own country!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They showed 5000 cad as FD, and also showed own properties with valuations showing the market value.
Properties are not liquid cash so they showed very little funds for a two month visit. $5k may not even cover airfare and insurance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How much money they need to show?
There is no set amount but if two months estimate $1.5-2k per week plus airfare/insurance. Then they want that much more in their accounts to show they are not spending all their savings on a visit.

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
There is no set amount but if two months estimate $1.5-2k per week plus airfare/insurance. Then they want that much more in their accounts to show they are not spending all their savings on a visit.
Thank you for your response. Do you think is it ok to apply super visa now with this refusal? Or do I need wait some time to apply back? Please advise. Thank you

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thank you for your response. Do you think is it ok to apply super visa now with this refusal? Or do I need wait some time to apply back? Please advise. Thank you
Just wanted to let you know what I did. TRV for my parent was applied in April 2022 and was rejected and re-applied in July 2022 and it was approved. The documents mentioned in this thread were submitted when re-applying : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-visa-application-guide-my-visa-got-approved-in-just-6-days-new-portal-2022.757616/

IF321

Sep 21, 2020

venkatesh1991

Sep 8, 2018
Hi Everyone. My parents visitor visa is getting expired in few months. I like to renew the visa before their trip to Canada. How many months before the expiry, is it ideal to apply for renewal. Is the process same as applying for the first time? Thanks a lot

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thank you for your reply. What was the reason for refusal at first?
Refusal letter had this :

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I had by mistake submitted the invitation letter that I created for a Super visa for a visitor visa. It had 12 months of visit which is not correct for a visitor visa. Copies of 1 FD and 3 year tax return filing proof were only submitted to show financial status. We should show the applicant has immovable properties in their name, strong family ties back home like spouse, dependent child - these increase the chances of approval.

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Refusal letter had this :

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I had by mistake submitted the invitation letter that I created for a Super visa for a visitor visa. It had 12 months of visit which is not correct for a visitor visa. Copies of 1 FD and 3 year tax return filing proof were only submitted to show financial status. We should show the applicant has immovable properties in their name, strong family ties back home like spouse, dependent child - these increase the chances of approval.
Copies of FD meaning funds from your parents side?

Sara_pk

Feb 2, 2019
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Hello.. Can anyone guide me that should I apply for my parents' visa from my account or their separate account? Also, how can I apply for both my parents together through one application? How long can be the stay on a visitor visa? Lastly, please share the timeline who recently applied for their parents' visa and it got accepted.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello.. Can anyone guide me that should I apply for my parents' visa from my account or their separate account? Also, how can I apply for both my parents together through one application? How long can be the stay on a visitor visa? Lastly, please share the timeline who recently applied for their parents' visa and it got accepted.
Separate. One parent is principal and the other dependant but both fill out forms. They need to show their own funds, travel history, ties to home country and reason to travel. Processing depends on where they live.

Sara_pk

Feb 2, 2019
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Separate. One parent is principal and the other dependant but both fill out forms. They need to show their own funds, travel history, ties to home country and reason to travel. Processing depends on where they live.
Thank you for the response. I want to make my mother the principal applicant but the thing is that my father is paying for the trip as my mother is a house wife. What should I do in this situation?