+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Parents

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Hello,

I am planning to apply for visitor visa for parents, and I will be hosting them while they are in Canada. For proof of funds, can I only show employment letter, notice of assessments tax reports, and pay slips in Canada? Is this sufficient ?

Please advise. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I am planning to apply for visitor visa for parents, and I will be hosting them while they are in Canada. For proof of funds, can I only show employment letter, notice of assessments tax reports, and pay slips in Canada? Is this sufficient ?

Please advise. Thank you
Is this for a super visa? If so NOA to show LICO. If not, they need to show proof of funds.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is for standard visitor visa. For Proof of funds can we submit pay slips?
Is this your parents payslips? Payslips are not proof of funds. IRCC wants to see cash in bank accounts. Your parents include their bank account statements. You can include your bank account statements and NOA but IRCC may or may not consider your funds. Your employment letter is not POF for your parents.

Reactions: CEC_1304

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
No, parents showing bank statements. I will be showing my pay slips. I have stated that i will be hosting them with accommodation, food and expenses. Please advise.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
No, parents showing bank statements. I will be showing my pay slips. I have stated that i will be hosting them with accommodation, food and expenses. Please advise.
You can show your bank statements and / or payslips but as @Naturgrl mentioned above your funds may or may not be considered for their visitor visa application. For visitor visa, applicants need to have their own funds to be able to support whole duration of their stay. If you were instead applying for Super Visa then your funds will be considered.

Reactions: Naturgrl

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
In case you want to get visitor visa on basis of your fund/Income , I will suggest apply for Super Visa
In SV case only your parent tie with home country matters and your income will be considered as FUND

Good Luck

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Hello all, I applied for our parents tourist visa and today it got refused due to financial reasons and they also added the purpose of stay and i believeit is due to financial funds. They only showed 5000 cad and we showed our income from our end. Is it wise to reapply again ? Please advise. Thank you so much.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all, I applied for our parents tourist visa and today it got refused due to financial reasons and they also added the purpose of stay and i believeit is due to financial funds. They only showed 5000 cad and we showed our income from our end. Is it wise to reapply again ? Please advise. Thank you so much.
How long was the visit. $5000 is very low for two people to visit. Not sure if that would cover airfare/health insurance. IRCC doesn’t have to consider your income unless applying for a supervisa.

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
How long was the visit. $5000 is very low for two people to visit. Not sure if that would cover airfare/health insurance. IRCC doesn’t have to consider your income unless applying for a supervisa.
It is for two months. What is the recommended for two people? For two months? Is it wise to reapply?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A two month visit...those are funds for a week or two. After paying for airfare/insurance, there is nothing left. Also it shows they are spending all their savings on coming to Canada. They need to show their own funds with money left over. Only reapply if a) they improve their financial situation without someone "dumping" funds into their bank account, b) you are PR, meet LICO and apply for supervisa which focuses on your funds. If they can't show more funds, and they really want to reapply then submit asking for a two-week visit.

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Can I apply again asking for two weeks visit may be a month later? But what reason I should mention for two weeks instead two months. Appreciate your help

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Hello @Naturgrl I applied through the new portal and they processed the application in 2.5 weeks in my country the processing time states 6 months. Do you think they have processed through artificial intelligence method and didn't go in detail with the application? They have shown enough financial assets with the application. Please advise, really appreciate that thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello @Naturgrl I applied through the new portal and they processed the application in 2.5 weeks in my country the processing time states 6 months. Do you think they have processed through artificial intelligence method and didn't go in detail with the application? They have shown enough financial assets with the application. Please advise, really appreciate that thank you
Didn’t they only show $5000 for a 2 month visit? Financial assets are cash.