February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Hi Folks,

I want to apply visitor visa for my parents (Not a Super visa, just a regular visa since my parents don't plan to stay more than 6 months).

1. Where can I find the list of documents?

2. Is it quicker/easier to apply for a regular visitor visa instead of a Super visa for parents?

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Hi, Can someone please help?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Folks,

I want to apply visitor visa for my parents (Not a Super visa, just a regular visa since my parents don't plan to stay more than 6 months).

1. Where can I find the list of documents?

2. Is it quicker/easier to apply for a regular visitor visa instead of a Super visa for parents?
1. List of documents on the IRCC website when applying for a visitor visa.
2. No difference. One visa is not processed faster then the other. For visitor visa, your parents need to show their own funds. For super visa, you show that you meet LICO. If your parents don’t have the funds for a visit then apply for supervisa.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
1. List of documents on the IRCC website when applying for a visitor visa.
2. No difference. One visa is not processed faster then the other. For visitor visa, your parents need to show their own funds. For super visa, you show that you meet LICO. If your parents don’t have the funds for a visit then apply for supervisa.

Thank you for your response. I found the list somewhat confusing. It is listed as a table with a header column as shown below. For some documents, it says 'No'under 'Required' but then again says to 'submit' under 'when you may need this document' column?

DocumentRequiredDescriptionDetails to includeWhen you may need this document

Statutory declaration of common-law union (IMM 5409)No (optional) – visa applicationProof that you and your common-law partner have combined your affairs and set up a household together.Proof can include
  • joint bank accounts or credit cards
  • joint ownership of a home
  • joint residential leases
  • joint rental receipts
  • joint utilities (electricity, gas, telephone)
  • joint management of household expenses
  • proof of joint purchases, especially for household items
  • mail addressed to either person or both people at the same address
Submit with visa application

1. Also, do my parents need to include a marriage certificate?
2. Ok, so my parents are going to show their own funds, in that case, they can just apply for the regular visitor visa without going through a super visa?
3. Under the employment information section it says to include a letter from the employer. However, my parents are not employed. They have a business. How can we fulfil this requirement as they can't produce an employment letter?

Employer informationNo (optional) – visa applicationA letter from your employer can confirm that you have a stable job and will return to it. It can also show that your employer supports your visit to Canada.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
I don't know about new ircc portal. In old gckey portal it will display the documents needed once you create an account for them and start with the application.
In gckey, it will ask for proof of marriage

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
I don't know about new ircc portal. In old gckey portal it will display the documents needed once you create an account for them and start with the application.
In gckey, it will ask for proof of marriage
Do you mean my Parent's proof of marriage? It took place more than 35 years ago and I am wondering how is their proof of marriage related to a visitor visa application to visit me here as a tourist? It doesn't really make sense as they are not immigrating here and simply visiting here as a tourist.

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hello All,
I was hoping to get some details on the required documents for a Biometrics appointment at VFS in Bangalore, India. I see on the website they need copies of the application form, passport bio page and also consent form. Can someone advise on this? Also, what is the vfs consent form? Thanks in advance.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Do you mean my Parent's proof of marriage? It took place more than 35 years ago and I am wondering how is their proof of marriage related to a visitor visa application to visit me here as a tourist? It doesn't really make sense as they are not immigrating here and simply visiting here as a tourist.
If you are submitting for multiple applicants in same application you are supposed to prove how they are related to each other and how they are related to you. They don't want some stranger in your application.
What my parents did was, submitted a marriage affidavit along with both of their passport with spouse name on it.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
If you are submitting for multiple applicants in same application you are supposed to prove how they are related to each other and how they are related to you. They don't want some stranger in your application.
What my parents did was, submitted a marriage affidavit along with both of their passport with spouse name on it.
Thank you for your response.

1. By multiple applicants, do you mean both father and mother? However, the list I shared above, doesn't mention any marriage certificates for them though. It just mentions joint bank accounts, credit cards, residential leases etc. I am wondering whether I am looking at the right place.

2. Isn't the passport alone enough (instead of a marriage certificate) considering both of their names will be written on it as spouses?

Many thanks

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Thank you for your response.

1. By multiple applicants, do you mean both father and mother? However, the list I shared above, doesn't mention any marriage certificates for them though. It just mentions joint bank accounts, credit cards, residential leases etc. I am wondering whether I am looking at the right place.

2. Isn't the passport alone enough (instead of a marriage certificate) considering both of their names will be written on it as spouses?

Many thanks
Did you create an account and start with the application?
Where are you looking for the list of documents?
Multiple means more than one person in same application.
I am not sure if just passport is enough, I just mentioned about the documents I submitted(you should be able to get an affidavit)

Last edited:

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Did you create an account and start with the application?
Where are you looking for the list of documents?
Multiple means more than one person in same application.
I am not sure if just passport is enough, I just mentioned about the documents I submitted(you should be able to get an affidavit)
Hi,

I didn't create an online account. I just went through the questions portal to find the supporting docs required specific to my parent's situation. Please have a look at this link https://ibb.co/bvLRWPR, it lists all the documents, but doesn't mention marriage certificates anywhere clearly.

1. So in addition to passports and marriage certificates do they also have to submit joint bank accounts, credit cards, residential leases etc?

2. Under the employment information section it says to include a letter from the employer. However, my parents are not employed. They have a business. How can we fulfil this requirement as they can't produce an employment letter?

Many thanks

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Hi,

I didn't create an online account. I just went through the questions portal to find the supporting docs required specific to my parent's situation. Please have a look at this link https://ibb.co/bvLRWPR, it lists all the documents, but doesn't mention marriage certificates anywhere clearly.

1. So in addition to passports and marriage certificates do they also have to submit joint bank accounts, credit cards, residential leases etc?

2. Under the employment information section it says to include a letter from the employer. However, my parents are not employed. They have a business. How can we fulfil this requirement as they can't produce an employment letter?

Many thanks
This is not the way you get case-specific list of documents. Every applicants case is different. When you apply and start with your application it will list the documents based on your situation. If your parents are doing business, while filling the application it has an option to choose they are doing business. Please start the application(you don't need any documents or pay any fees to create an account and start the application). Then you will get a better idea how to proceed

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
This is not the way you get case-specific list of documents. Every applicants case is different. When you apply and start with your application it will list the documents based on your situation. If your parents are doing business, while filling the application it has an option to choose they are doing business. Please start the application(you don't need any documents or pay any fees to create an account and start the application). Then you will get a better idea how to proceed
Alright, Thank you. That sounds like a wise suggestion

HBhola05

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Hi all, I had applied visitor visa for my parents using new portal but it's not showing estimated completion date. Is this normal?

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Can I use my own GCKey login to apply on behalf of my parents? Or should I create a separate account to apply for my parents?