+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parents

devc

Apr 27, 2019
Hello,
My parents have United states valid Tourist visa for and have travelled to usa. I have applied for Canada visitor visa for them. How much time it takes for processing after biometrics for getting Passport with visa back? Is the processing time for canada visitor visa faster with valid USA visa stamp on passport and travelled to USA ?

Thanks

alexhocain

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hello,
My parents have United states valid Tourist visa for and have travelled to usa. I have applied for Canada visitor visa for them. How much time it takes for processing after biometrics for getting Passport with visa back? Is the processing time for canada visitor visa faster with valid USA visa stamp on passport and travelled to USA ?

Thanks
That depends. sometimes they take it for expedited process and other time they process it as normal application. you should generally keep normal processing time for your country in mind, they may even take more time than its on their website,varies case to case and number of applications, they receive
please share your timeline and keep updated.
when did you apply?whats status of application on you cic account?wheb did you give biometrics?

Reactions: devc

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Hello,

Thanks
It may be considered as case of CAN+.
Not 100% but the processing is bit fast then normal TRV.
You can check the processing time on following link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

This processing time doesn’t include:
  • the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and IRCC office.
  • the time you need to give your biometrics.
Good Luck

devc

Apr 27, 2019
That depends. sometimes they take it for expedited process and other time they process it as normal application. you should generally keep normal processing time for your country in mind, they may even take more time than its on their website,varies case to case and number of applications, they receive
please share your timeline and keep updated.
when did you apply?whats status of application on you cic account?wheb did you give biometrics?
Thanks. They have submitted the application on May 12 and going for biometrics on may 21. I will update here when they get approval.

devc

Apr 27, 2019
Hi. What is passport request letter I read on VFS Global For biometric enrollment? I read it but donot see that form or letter to be downloaded to take along with me for the appointment. Also, since we have submitted aplication online, Do we still have to provide them passport size photos of applicant?

Fairyland

Nov 9, 2020
I saw your number of posts in the thread and that is the reason I am seeking your valuable suggestion on the issue below.

I am in spousal open work permit here and its been a year I am here. I am doing a full time job. Also my younger brother is doing his undergraduate program and he will be completing it on 2022. My mother around 55 years old and I would like to invite her as a visitor in Canada. Do we both need to invite her or only me as I am working and about my brother should be mentioned in Family information form? Please suggest accordingly. Please also see the below points weather those are enough for her application or not.

Cover Letter
1) She is employed.
2) She has savings certificates on her name.
3) She has assets on her name.
4) She pays tax and also has returns on her.
5) She can show CA evaluation report

Invitation Letter
1) I am working so my pay stubs.
2) My NOA.
3) Anything else?

Please suggest weather those documents are enough or not? I am planning to apply for her on January 2021 is it okay ? Will it be refused at this time or only be held for biometric?
Any sample cover and invitation letter would be a great help please suggest accordingly.

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I saw your number of posts in the thread and that is the reason I am seeking your valuable suggestion on the issue below.

I am in spousal open work permit here and its been a year I am here. I am doing a full time job. Also my younger brother is doing his undergraduate program and he will be completing it on 2022. My mother around 55 years old and I would like to invite her as a visitor in Canada. Do we both need to invite her or only me as I am working and about my brother should be mentioned in Family information form? Please suggest accordingly. Please also see the below points weather those are enough for her application or not.

Cover Letter
1) She is employed.
2) She has savings certificates on her name.
3) She has assets on her name.
4) She pays tax and also has returns on her.
5) She can show CA evaluation report

Invitation Letter
1) I am working so my pay stubs.
2) My NOA.
3) Anything else?

Please suggest weather those documents are enough or not? I am planning to apply for her on January 2021 is it okay ? Will it be refused at this time or only be held for biometric?
Any sample cover and invitation letter would be a great help please suggest accordingly.

Thanks
You should create a new post instead.

No cover letter is necessary. For the invitation letter, you will need to explain that you (and/or your brother) are inviting your mother to visit Canada. You have arranged accomodation for your mother at your home or airbnb, etc. for the first 14 days quarantine.