+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents

tata0692

Sep 12, 2016
Hi,
Me and my wife are permanent residents of Canada and i want to call my parents for about a month to visit us in Canada.

My dad is retired and mom is a homemaker. Both of them have filed IT returns for the last 2 yrs.
I am financially supporting them on a monthly basis and the house in India is on my mom's name.
I have a younger brother who is currently living with them.

If i want to call them for a month to visit us in Canada, will they get a visitor visa? They haven't visited any other country apart from Middle east
I will bear all their expenses incl Airfare and show the necessary bank balance from my account.
Will this work? They do not have sufficient funds in thier account and i dont want to risk depositing a huge amount in thier account when their average balance is much lower

If not, is there any alternative?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
Me and my wife are permanent residents of Canada and i want to call my parents for about a month to visit us in Canada.

My dad is retired and mom is a homemaker. Both of them have filed IT returns for the last 2 yrs.
I am financially supporting them on a monthly basis and the house in India is on my mom's name.
I have a younger brother who is currently living with them.

If i want to call them for a month to visit us in Canada, will they get a visitor visa? They haven't visited any other country apart from Middle east
I will bear all their expenses incl Airfare and show the necessary bank balance from my account.
Will this work? They do not have sufficient funds in thier account and i dont want to risk depositing a huge amount in thier account when their average balance is much lower

If not, is there any alternative?

Thanks
1. While the have filed their tax returns for the last two years, the source of income declared is from you i.e. it was not earned by them per se through pension, investments, rent, dividends, consulting, etc (for example). They don't have any finances to pay for some or full part of the visit.

2. Was the house purchased with income earned when your dad was working? Is there a mortgage?

3. What does your brother do?

4. Do your parents have any must-return-to events in India after their visit? Do they volunteer for charity or social causes?

5. Are you eligible to host them on super visas for a longer stay?

tata0692

Sep 12, 2016
1. While the have filed their tax returns for the last two years, the source of income declared is from you i.e. it was not earned by them per se through pension, investments, rent, dividends, consulting, etc (for example). They don't have any finances to pay for some or full part of the visit.
<<Taher>> I am not sure how they filed it, but the income they showed was less than $4500(2.5 lacs INR)

2. Was the house purchased with income earned when your dad was working? Is there a mortgage?
<<Taher>> There is no mortgage. It was a gift to my mom(Mom's dad gave)

3. What does your brother do?
<<Taher>> Currently working for my uncle. Even his IT returns are less than $4500(2.5 lacs INR) a year.

4. Do your parents have any must-return-to events in India after their visit? Do they volunteer for charity or social causes?
<<Taher>> Apart from my brother and the property back in India, there is nothing else that they have which i can prove they will go back to.

5. Are you eligible to host them on super visas for a longer stay?
<<Taher>> Yes. I can host them on SuperVisa. If i got with Supervisa, do they need to show any money on their side? Also, will SuperVisa be granted if they plan to stay just for 1-2 months?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
<<Taher>> Yes. I can host them on SuperVisa. If i got with Supervisa, do they need to show any money on their side? Also, will SuperVisa be granted if they plan to stay just for 1-2 months?
For a super visa:
1. You would need to prove you meet LICO + your finances (bank statements, investments, etc) would be in focus.

2. Your parents need to show some amount of finances. But, their financial situation is secondary/not important for their super visas.

3. Their super visa applications would need to mention a stay of at least 1+ years. A visit length less than that could result in TRVs IF they are able to prove they have the finances (as well) and strong ties. But, this second option may not happen.

4. For each super visa entry, they would need to have Canadian insurance of at least CAD 100,000

tata0692

Sep 12, 2016
For a super visa:
1. You would need to prove you meet LICO + your finances (bank statements, investments, etc) would be in focus.

2. Your parents need to show some amount of finances. But, their financial situation is secondary/not important for their super visas.

3. Their super visa applications would need to mention a stay of at least 1+ years. A visit length less than that could result in TRVs IF they are able to prove they have the finances (as well) and strong ties. But, this second option may not happen.

4. For each super visa entry, they would need to have Canadian insurance of at least CAD 100,000

Thanks a lot for the Info Bryanna.
One more thing, if they get a supervisa and stay only for 1-2 months and fly out, will it be an issue?