+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR VISA FOR PARENTS

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Hi forum members,

Hope someone could help me with this situation

I'am planning to apply visitor visa for my parents. I'am a temporary spouse open work permit holder in Canada as my husband has his Post graduate work permit. we are expecting our first baby by end of November so, we are planning to call our parents for few weeks to visit new born.i have few questions regarding application process hope someone could help me out

1.Can i apply for my parents visitor visa from inside Canada using my cic account or they have to apply by their own from India?

OKUKUSEKU

Aug 15, 2016
Hi forum members,

Hope someone could help me with this situation

I'am planning to apply visitor visa for my parents. I'am a temporary spouse open work permit holder in Canada as my husband has his Post graduate work permit. we are expecting our first baby by end of November so, we are planning to call our parents for few weeks to visit new born.i have few questions regarding application process hope someone could help me out

1.Can i apply for my parents visitor visa from inside Canada using my cic account or they have to apply by their own from India?
You absolutely can apply for them in Canada. Make sure you get a Doctor's report and add that to your documents. Good luck!!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mentioning a Purpose of Visit to meet the baby/ give moral support to you/ take care of you and the baby will most probably result in TRV refusals as it is considered as working illegally as visitors.

Keep their visit to 3-4 weeks max as typical tourists for sightseeing + to meet you and your husband. Hopefully your parents have strong ties to India and good financial situation. Otherwise you would want to only apply for your mom (depends on the documents she will submit).

You can apply online for them. New online account, not your MyCIC account.

You can apply as their authorized representative

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Thank you bryanna for your valuable information.
My parents have their own house(under my dad’s name) at back home and able to show bank balance of $10,000 and my sister lives in India, is that enough or need more ties ?
Can my father say that he can support my mom for her expenses since she dont have any ties on her name ?
I will be very greatful if u can answer me this question because i was so much confused

1.Since my parents property documents are in our native language how do i submit them to the CiC?
2.my parents dont have marriage certificate because back in days they dont think its necessary and they dont have one so for this can i submit notarised document says that they were married?

Thank you

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Thank you bryanna for your valuable information.
My parents have their own house(under my dad’s name) at back home and able to show bank balance of $10,000 and my sister lives in India, is that enough or need more ties ?
Can my father say that he can support my mom for her expenses since she dont have any ties on her name ?
I will be very greatful if u can answer me this question because i was so much confused

1.Since my parents property documents are in our native language how do i submit them to the CiC?
2.my parents dont have marriage certificate because back in days they dont think its necessary and they dont have one so for this can i submit notarised document says that they were married?

Thank you
Keep it family visit and Tourism. Also you can say is moral support for yourself during this transition but don't say taking care of baby and you during birth.. Well, all IO knows when you are calling your parents during child birth what it means and they approve it too. But just don't say those works yourself. :confused:
1. You need to get everything translated to English or French, else they are useless.
2. Notarized affidavit should work too. Do you have your birth certificate with their names on it.? also they might have each others name on their passports that should be ok too.

Good luck.!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do your dad and mom work? Business? Retired?
How old is your sister and what does she do? Is she married?
Do your parents have any other reasons to return to India?

Apply for both parents only if both of them are able to demonstrate reasons to return to India. Otherwise only apply for your mom.

Your dad would need to provide a Letter of Financial Support for your mom + his bank statement + his recent ITR.

All documents must be in English or translated into English by a certified translator.

Your dad would also include property valuation report (either self valuation or by a property assessor) + recent property tax receipt + other supporting evidence to prove the indicative market rates are in the same range as that cited for valuation.

A notarized affidavit is NOT required.

You can either include copies of their passports which state their names as spouses..... or a copy of your birth certificate that states the names of both parents

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Do your dad and mom work? Business? Retired?
How old is your sister and what does she do? Is she married?
My mom is just home maker and my dad has small business but doesnt have any license to prove it what should i do?

My sister is 28years old and yes she is married

Can i apply for my mom and dad seperate?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My mom is just home maker and my dad has small business but doesnt have any license to prove it what should i do?

My sister is 28years old and yes she is married

Can i apply for my mom and dad seperate?
Applying separately for your parents won't help.

I strongly recommend you must apply only for your mom. She would indicate your dad as the family tie to return to. Hopefully, your dad's finances can support her visit (at least on paper) i.e. unofficially CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare

Do not apply for your dad. Here's why:
1. He would need to have business registrations + other evidence to prove his business is actively trading as a reason to return to India (generally this evidence includes, business bank statement + business tax returns + balance sheet + office rentals + employees hired, etc etc).

Your dad does not have any of these evidence. Sorry but his business is illegal.

2. Your sister is not a family tie to return home to because she is married.

3. I'm assuming your parents don't have travel history to visa-required countries (US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, etc)

spand806

Jun 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
13th oct
Doc's Request.
never
AOR Received.
aor 2 22nd NOV
File Transfer...
22ND NOV
Hello Friends,

I have applied for Visitor visa for my parents online application on June 17. I have filed all the papers i could and showed about more then RS 50,00,000 in bank account back home. We have a bought a new house and having a moving date is 28th Aug and i wanted my parents to be here during that. I also have attached papers of my new house with possession date. My dad is retired and my mom is house wife.

I have no reply from cic yet and still waiting. What do u guys think of the chances of getting visa. They will stay here for month only i guess which is mentioned in invitation letter.

Please reply.

Thank You

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have no reply from cic yet and still waiting. What do u guys think of the chances of getting visa. They will stay here for month only i guess which is mentioned in invitation letter.
None of us can predict this.

Their applications have not crossed the estimated processing time. You will need to wait until this happens (if you don't get decisions by then)

spand806

Jun 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
13th oct
Doc's Request.
never
AOR Received.
aor 2 22nd NOV
File Transfer...
22ND NOV
None of us can predict this.

Their applications have not crossed the estimated processing time. You will need to wait until this happens (if you don't get decisions by then)
What do you think, will it be approved based on file i have sent to cic

spand806

Jun 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
13th oct
Doc's Request.
never
AOR Received.
aor 2 22nd NOV
File Transfer...
22ND NOV
As my moving dates are just 1 and a half month away and we need to book tickets for them aswell.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What do you think, will it be approved based on file i have sent to cic
It's difficult to guess.

Hopefully, your parents have demonstrated a number of reasons to return to India (especially as they are retired/not employed): Pension, property ownership, they live with other dependent family members, good financial situation without borrowing from anyone including you, previous travel, etc.

As my moving dates are just 1 and a half month away and we need to book tickets for them aswell.
Don't book tickets until their TRVs are stamped in their passports