+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor VISA for parents

Sunny_CV

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Hello Friends,

I am a PR of Canada and in process of applying a visitor VISA (TRV) for my parents. I have few queries on the invitation letter:

- Do I need to write this letter separately for my father and mother?
- Do I need to address this letter to VISA officer?
- Is this letter need to be notarized?

I would appreciate if someone provides their expert comments.

Regards,
Sunny

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Friends,

I am a PR of Canada and in process of applying a visitor VISA (TRV) for my parents. I have few queries on the invitation letter:

- Do I need to write this letter separately for my father and mother?
- Do I need to address this letter to VISA officer?
- Is this letter need to be notarized?

I would appreciate if someone provides their expert comments.

Regards,
Sunny
1. Combined letter for both parents

2. Yes

3. No

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi All,

I want to apply for visitor visa for my parents. I am a PR and have got a job. I am meeting LICO(more than that infact) as specified on the website for 2 people. But now, when I am applying for their visa, I have few queries. Kindly help. They are as below -

1) I want to apply for both of my parents as a single application but while filling questionnaire - it is asking me to fill for only one person. Does it mean, I will have to fill for both of my parents individually?

If it is so, then I have another query. My mom is working as a tution teacher and has her last 2 years' income tax returns with her, though her income had been non taxable, but she filed her income tax returns. And my father also can show his income tax returns. My query in this case is - I want to show that although she has earned her own income but in case, if required, my father will be paying for her expenses.

I want to apply for both of them together and want to show the visa officer that they together want to come to visit me for a month and then they will go back and in between for finances - I will be showing bank statement of last 4 months of both of my parents.

Can some one please help me how to present this case as one file before visa officer?

2) While choosing the time line for visit - if I choose temporarily - for less than 6 months - as an option then will they stamp multiple entry 10 years' visa on their passport?

3) Also, I will be showing INR 4-5 L for 2 people for a month's stay in their account(2 different accounts for both). Will this be ok if I will be showing:

- my employment letter
- my 2 paystubs
- my bank statements
- gold assessed by jeweller
- their bank statements showing amount between 4 to 5L at a total
- property assessment under the name of my father (by CA)
- property assessment under the name of my mother (by CA)

4) For showing ties back to India - Will it be ok, if they will be showing the same properties they have against their name, their son is also in India who is preparing for exams and my father will be showing that he has his business and my mother is a tution teacher. And my brother is not visiting me in Canada with them.

So, they have strong reason to go back because they have their properties, their businesses and a child there back home. So, they do not have any intention of staying in Canada with me.

Kindly suggest for these points.

ktgirl

Jun 15, 2018
Hi everyone
I applied visitor visa for my mother and brother. I got email refusal on Monday but when I tracked on vfs global it was showing in process until yesterday Friday. Now status changed to passport dispatched. I am really worried.
I heard from a lot of people that they don’t send any approval or refusal email.
Wait for passports maybe its approved.
Is it?
Please provide me some information,
I really worried

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I want to apply for visitor visa for my parents. I am a PR and have got a job. I am meeting LICO(more than that infact) as specified on the website for 2 people.
The fact that your income exceeds the LICO threshold does not matter for for your parents' TRVs.

1) I want to apply for both of my parents as a single application but while filling questionnaire - it is asking me to fill for only one person.
Do complete the eligibility questionnaire again. It would ask if you want to submit an application for another family member.

Does it mean, I will have to fill for both of my parents individually?
One online account, two applications. Your dad will be the principal applicant.

My mom is working as a tution teacher and has her last 2 years' income tax returns with her, though her income had been non taxable, but she filed her income tax returns. And my father also can show his income tax returns. My query in this case is - I want to show that although she has earned her own income but in case, if required, my father will be paying for her expenses.
If she is paid through checks or bank transfers then that is evidence of her earning an income by giving tuition.

If her income is below taxable limit, you would want your dad to financially support your mom's visit. He must provide a Letter of Financial Support + his tax assessments + bank statements (that can pay for two persons).

Your parents would also include evidence of any other financial investments: FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares/stocks, LIC, etc. That said, only liquid funds can be stated as 'Funds available for my visit'.

2) While choosing the time line for visit - if I choose temporarily - for less than 6 months - as an option then will they stamp multiple entry 10 years' visa on their passport?
How long their visas will be valid for will depend on the assessment made by the visa officer. There is no 10 years' default validity.

3) Also, I will be showing INR 4-5 L for 2 people for a month's stay in their account(2 different accounts for both). Will this be ok if
Does this amount match their income + their tax returns? Or was some of it transferred by you?

I will be showing:

- my employment letter
- my 2 paystubs
- my bank statements
- gold assessed by jeweller
- their bank statements showing amount between 4 to 5L at a total
- property assessment under the name of my father (by CA)
- property assessment under the name of my mother (by CA)
Also include property ownership documents + property tax receipts, etc + their employment documents + their tax returns, etc etc

4) For showing ties back to India - Will it be ok, if they will be showing the same properties they have against their name, their son is also in India who is preparing for exams and my father will be showing that he has his business and my mother is a tution teacher. And my brother is not visiting me in Canada with them.
Do remember: All claims must be supported by evidence

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
The fact that your income exceeds the LICO threshold does not matter for for your parents' TRVs. - Thank you for the confirmation.

Do complete the eligibility questionnaire again. It would ask if you want to submit an application for another family member. - Sure, I will check that again

One online account, two applications. Your dad will be the principal applicant. - Yes, I also want him to be the principal applicant

If she is paid through checks or bank transfers then that is evidence of her earning an income by giving tuition. - No, it was all cash that was being put into the account. Can we still use her bank statements? Also, will she have to write a letter (NOC) that she wants her money to be counted for this application or only showing her bank statements along with their marriage certificate will work?

If her income is below taxable limit, you would want your dad to financially support your mom's visit. He must provide a Letter of Financial Support + his tax assessments + bank statements (that can pay for two persons). - Will this Letter of financial support needs to be a legal document or a simple written statement on white page with his sign will work?

Your parents would also include evidence of any other financial investments: FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares/stocks, LIC, etc. That said, only liquid funds can be stated as 'Funds available for my visit'. - Sure.

How long their visas will be valid for will depend on the assessment made by the visa officer. There is no 10 years' default validity. - Ok

Does this amount match their income + their tax returns? Or was some of it transferred by you? - None of this is transferred by me. All this is their own amount. One more query - regarding to this - I have some amount in my Indian account. Can I transfer the same in their account? Will this cause any issue? Because the current 4-5L is their own amount, not even a single penny is mine. But now, If I want to transfer the amount from my Indian account to their account, then will it cause some problem to their case?

Also include property ownership documents + property tax receipts, etc + their employment documents + their tax returns, etc etc - Sure

Do remember: All claims must be supported by evidence - Sure

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Gurmeet_Kaur23

No, it was all cash that was being put into the account. Can we still use her bank statements? Also, will she have to write a letter (NOC) that she wants her money to be counted for this application or only showing her bank statements along with their marriage certificate will work?
It is difficult to prove cash as a legit source of income. Did she issue any cash receipts for the payments she had received?

Also, if she wants to include the tuition as a reason to return home, she must state a visit during the school break or around national holidays.

Will this Letter of financial support needs to be a legal document or a simple written statement on white page with his sign will work?
On plain paper

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
@Gurmeet_Kaur23

It is difficult to prove cash as a legit source of income. Did she issue any cash receipts for the payments she had received? - No, she did not issue any cash receipt for any student.

Also, if she wants to include the tuition as a reason to return home, she must state a visit during the school break or around national holidays - Ok.

On plain paper - Sure. Thanks for this

Navraj

Oct 30, 2014
NOC Code......
@Bryanna . me & my husband are PR in canada . we have a kid who is 5 yrs old.I want to apply TRV for my mother. for checking minimum income requirements should I count family size as 3 or 4 (include mom)
& whats the minimum income required ? pls help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna . me & my husband are PR in canada . we have a kid who is 5 yrs old.I want to apply TRV for my mother. for checking minimum income requirements should I count family size as 3 or 4 (include mom)
& whats the minimum income required ? pls help
You don't need to meet LICO if your mom is applying for a regular TRV/visitor visa/ stay less than 6 months.

For a super visa, LICO must be for 4 persons assuming you/your husband have not sponsored your in-laws for super visa/PR

muabajwa

Jul 7, 2016
Hello everybody, I applied for my parents' and a sister's visit visa together showing mom and sister as dependants of my dad in application. Parents' visa got approved for 3 and 4 years while they rejected my sisters' visa. I provided everything I could e.g. her degree, job letter, pay slips, bank statement, purpose of visit letter statimg reason to travel with family to visit brother and tour Canada. Also attached her vacation approval letter from the employer. Also showed her UK visit visa as well.

Should I appeal the decision or reapply? If reapply, what else could I attach to convince them to give my sister visa? Reason of refusal is checked as purpose of visit. Everybody is married in the family and have kids except my sister who is 30 years old working as dental surgeon. She was accompaying parents to visit me and tour Canada. This was the ourpose of visit I had explained in the letter.

Ps: I have been living in Canada for 8 years and currently on post grad work permit employed full time. Also, I prepared the application package and had them subilmit online. They live in Pakistan.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everybody, I applied for my parents' and a sister's visit visa together showing mom and sister as dependants of my dad in application. Parents' visa got approved for 3 and 4 years while they rejected my sisters' visa. I provided everything I could e.g. her degree, job letter, pay slips, bank statement, purpose of visit letter statimg reason to travel with family to visit brother and tour Canada. Also attached her vacation approval letter from the employer. Also showed her UK visit visa as well.
1. Copies of degrees aren't required + indirectly indicates the applicant will seek work while as a visitor.

2. Has she traveled to the UK for short visits? That said, the UK is quite liberal in issuing visitor visas recently. It would be best to have a travel history to other visa-required countries as well.

Should I appeal the decision or reapply?
Filing an appeal is futile. It would be best to reapply with stronger evidence.

If reapply, what else could I attach to convince them to give my sister visa? Reason of refusal is checked as purpose of visit. Everybody is married in the family and have kids except my sister who is 30 years old working as dental surgeon. She was accompaying parents to visit me and tour Canada. This was the ourpose of visit I had explained in the letter.
How long do your parents intend to visit?
Does your sister own property or land?
Did your sister provide evidence of her personal finances to prove she can afford the visit without depending on your dad or on you?

VishnuKumar

Aug 23, 2018
The fact that your income exceeds the LICO threshold does not matter for for your parents' TRVs.

Do complete the eligibility questionnaire again. It would ask if you want to submit an application for another family member.

One online account, two applications. Your dad will be the principal applicant.

If she is paid through checks or bank transfers then that is evidence of her earning an income by giving tuition.

If her income is below taxable limit, you would want your dad to financially support your mom's visit. He must provide a Letter of Financial Support + his tax assessments + bank statements (that can pay for two persons).

Your parents would also include evidence of any other financial investments: FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares/stocks, LIC, etc. That said, only liquid funds can be stated as 'Funds available for my visit'.

How long their visas will be valid for will depend on the assessment made by the visa officer. There is no 10 years' default validity.

Does this amount match their income + their tax returns? Or was some of it transferred by you?

Also include property ownership documents + property tax receipts, etc + their employment documents + their tax returns, etc etc

Do remember: All claims must be supported by evidence
Hi Bryanna,

I got PR last month and now planning to apply multiple entry visitor visa for parents. My mothers name in my Passport is 'Jothy', But My mother passport given name is 'Jothi'. There is a slight difference in spelling. How to resolve this problem. Do I need to write a letter of explanation or should I update passport ?

Also can you please let me know the documents which is required to apply ?

Is there any insurance need to buy before applying?

Regards,
Vishnu