NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Hi,
I'm a Canadian PR (Indian citizen) and I am looking to apply Visitor visa online at CIC website for my parents, so that they can visit us over the summers. I have a few questions:

- Do I need to book a ticket first and upload it on the website? I believe it is not mandatory and I can just upload an itinerary. Here is what the checklist says about it:

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

• Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.

- My parents do not have a marriage certificate. I know this is strange and funny, but the way it used to work in the old days was you never really needed it. Although, it is possible to get one, however it may be a little hassle. My parents have Indian passports, which mention the name of the other parent as spouse. Can we just submit the passport copies?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
- Do I need to book a ticket first and upload it on the website? I believe it is not mandatory and I can just upload an itinerary. Here is what the checklist says about it:
The itinerary would suffice.

- My parents do not have a marriage certificate. I know this is strange and funny, but the way it used to work in the old days was you never really needed it. Although, it is possible to get one, however it may be a little hassle. My parents have Indian passports, which mention the name of the other parent as spouse. Can we just submit the passport copies?
Copies of their passports + your birth certificate which state their names

harwinder67

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
The itinerary would suffice.

Copies of their passports + your birth certificate which state their names
Thanks for your reply.

dhilloncgy

Oct 26, 2017
Can either of you provide me an example of Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay). Usually parents stay with us so are we manually writing letter providing date of arrival , departure and address of the stay. Or something else? Because don't want to buy ticket upfront without knowing approved or not?

Aakash Evans

Sep 22, 2014
Me and my sister are here in Canada. I have a regular job which does not pay me much but I do a lot of freelance consulting work. My sister has a good job in IT and works for a bank. We are planning to call our parents to Canada on a visitor visa. I am already having a spousal sponsorship application running in the background. Which one of us should invite our parents? We are doing the application through an agency and they told both of us to give an invitation letter. Will this affect my spousal sponsorship application?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Me and my sister are here in Canada. I have a regular job which does not pay me much but I do a lot of freelance consulting work. My sister has a good job in IT and works for a bank. We are planning to call our parents to Canada on a visitor visa. I am already having a spousal sponsorship application running in the background. Which one of us should invite our parents? We are doing the application through an agency and they told both of us to give an invitation letter. Will this affect my spousal sponsorship application?
Either of you can invite your parents. Or both of you.

No, it will not affect your spousal PR application.

Your parents need to prove they are short stay visitors + they have the finances to pay for the visit + strong ties to return home

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Hello guys.

I am going to apply for my parents visitor visa. I want to clarify one thing that my parents just renewed their passports in October but somehow my mother new passport has spouse name as my father old name as in his passport and my father new passport has new name as per aadhar card. So can I attach affidavit plus news paper ad which my father published in October before passport renewal and both old and new passport with letter of explanation. Is it Okk or my mother has to apply again to change spouse name as per my father’s passport

Second thing can I apply my sister daughter visa also with my parents and she is 6 yrs old. Only she will come with parents and not my sister. So in that case still my sister has to show funds or if I show my parents will bear my sister daughter expense and me

Thanks