+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR VISA FOR PARENTS

suraj10pai

Dec 29, 2017
I am applying for my Parents Visa presently i am in WP visa in Canada ,So had some clarifications please suggest
1)is USE OF Representative form required ,i am submitting online for them
2)Can i submit my Gas/Electric bill and bank statement as my proof of residence in Canada
3)Do u need to book return tickets now or Itinerary should be fine.

and also Marriage certificate of my parents is it required?

please suggest

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am applying for my Parents Visa presently i am in WP visa in Canada ,So had some clarifications please suggest
1)is USE OF Representative form required ,i am submitting online for them
You can either include the 'Use of Representative' form or you can apply without this form like as if your parents are applying.

2)Can i submit my Gas/Electric bill and bank statement as my proof of residence in Canada
Yes

3)Do u need to book return tickets now or Itinerary should be fine.
It's not advisable to book tickets before visas are issued. Provisional flight itineraries would suffice

and also Marriage certificate of my parents is it required?
If their marriage certificate is available, you can include it. Otherwise you can include your birth certificate

Reactions: suraj10pai

suraj10pai

Dec 29, 2017
Thanks for the answers,does anyone have sample invitation letter invitation for parents.It would be helpful for me to add on if i have missed anything

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Hi, hope you are fine and doing well.
my parents case was rejected for their visitor visa 3 month ago with following reasons

1) You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
-- ( my parents dont have any one in PAKISTAN, they are 70 plus. all siblings are in canada . we all are PR.)
2) Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
-- (my parents dont have any one in PAKISTAN)
3) Length of proposed stay in Canada
( LAST TIME I APPLIED FOR 5 MONTHS, NOW I AM APPLYING FOR 1 MONTH )
4) Personal assets and financial status
( LAST TIME I SHOWED $9975 CAD NOW I AM SHOWING $11800 CAD)

* I AM ALSO SHOWING MP LETTER THIS TIME, LAST TIME I DID NOT SHOW.0
* MY PARENTS DONT WORK, MY FATHER RECEIVES RENT FROM HOUSE AND PENSION.
* IS IT NECESSARY TO SHOW MONTHLY INCOME STATEMENT OF MY FATHER ( THOUGH I AM SHOWING BANK STATMENT OF 4 MONTHS) ???

PLEASE ADVISE THANKS ( URGENT BECAUSE I AM APPLYING WITH IN 10 DAYS) . i am applying again to submit their case online.

thank you so much .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, hope you are fine and doing well.
my parents case was rejected for their visitor visa 3 month ago with following reasons
Hi,

Please turn off the CAPS lock when you reply. It is difficult to read your post.

You must address the refusal reasons before your parents reapply:
1. Changing the length of the visit from three months to one month won't help because they can stay/apply to extend their stay.

2. Your parents family ties to Canada will continue to be stronger than those to Pakistan. You cannot change this situation. That said, your parents must demonstrate really strong reasons to return to Pakistan at the end of their visit. Unfortunately, based on your post, I am unable to find those reasons/strong ties.

4) Personal assets and financial status
( LAST TIME I SHOWED $9975 CAD NOW I AM SHOWING $11800 CAD)
Your finances are secondary. Your parents must prove they have adequate finances of their own although in reality, you would pay for their entire visit.

* I AM ALSO SHOWING MP LETTER THIS TIME, LAST TIME I DID NOT SHOW.0
It won't help at all.

* MY PARENTS DONT WORK, MY FATHER RECEIVES RENT FROM HOUSE AND PENSION.
1. Did your parents include their property ownership documents + valuation of their properties?

2. What documents did they include for the rent + pension? When does your dad need to return to renew the pension?

3. What other ties can your parents prove? Is your dad working post retirement or manages a business? Do they volunteer for charity or social causes? Do they have to return to renew the rent agreement and for any other reason which can be supported by evidence?

4. What is the purpose of their visit? Have they traveled to any other countries (US/ UK/ Schengen/ Australia, etc)?

* IS IT NECESSARY TO SHOW MONTHLY INCOME STATEMENT OF MY FATHER ( THOUGH I AM SHOWING BANK STATMENT OF 4 MONTHS) ???
Yes, your dad must include 4-6 months bank statements for his bank accounts + evidence of any other financial investments + proofs of rental income, etc

PLEASE ADVISE THANKS ( URGENT BECAUSE I AM APPLYING WITH IN 10 DAYS) . i am applying again to submit their case online.
I would not rush to apply until you have prepared their application well.

You may also want to consider applying for their super visas if you meet the eligibility criteria instead of TRVs

Cheers

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Please see my response in bold - Thank you.

Hi,

Please turn off the CAPS lock when you reply. It is difficult to read your post.

You must address the refusal reasons before your parents reapply:
1. Changing the length of the visit from three months to one month won't help because they can stay/apply to extend their stay.

2. Your parents family ties to Canada will continue to be stronger than those to Pakistan. You cannot change this situation. That said, your parents must demonstrate really strong reasons to return to Pakistan at the end of their visit. Unfortunately, based on your post, I am unable to find those reasons/strong ties.

Your finances are secondary. Your parents must prove they have adequate finances of their own although in reality, you would pay for their entire visit.
----almost $12000 CAD, this amount is their own not mine.

It won't help at all.

1. Did your parents include their property ownership documents + valuation of their properties?
yes I provided both

2. What documents did they include for the rent + pension? When does your dad need to return to renew the pension?
--last time i did not provide any rent and pension document ( i just provided retirement letter).
--For pension - this time i am providing another bank statement where my father pension comes and i would write letter to explain that this is his pension which comes monthly from his employer.
--For rent - I am providing letter in which i am writing and explaining that we have double story house and ground floor is on rent and we receive monthly rental income from that. Plus i would attach agreement letter between tenant and my father and would be signed by tenant and my father but this letter would be written by my father means on simple print out paper not any legal notarized paper.

3. What other ties can your parents prove? -- i am unable to think what else i can show
Is your dad working post retirement or manages a business? -- no he is not doing anything
Do they volunteer for charity or social causes? -- No
Do they have to return to renew the rent agreement and for any other reason which can be supported by evidence?
--That is good point i can show that my parents have to go back to renew rental agreement before any specific date.
----Actually one of my sister who was in Pakistan expired last year and her daughter is getting married after 6 months, So this time i am showing her wedding card and trying to convince Visa officer that my parents will return to their grand daughter wedding and my parents will surely return because my sister expired last year and my parents will take of each and every aspect of her wedding though grand daughter's father is alive but my parents want to take care of each and every aspect because of my expired sister.
----Secondly I will use MP letter for more surety though it is not surety.
----Thirdly, I will try to attach my father doctor check up appointment date.

4. What is the purpose of their visit? Have they traveled to any other countries (US/ UK/ Schengen/ Australia, etc)?
--No

Yes, your dad must include 4-6 months bank statements for his bank accounts + evidence of any other financial investments + proofs of rental income, etc
--I am providing 6 months statement only.
--other than 6 month bank statement, should i provide monthly income statement?
--For rental income - I am providing letter in which i am writing and explaining that we have double story house and ground floor is on rent and we receive monthly rental income from that. Plus i would attach agreement letter between tenant and my father and would be signed by tenant and my father but this letter would be written by my father means on simple print out paper not any legal notarized paper.

I would not rush to apply until you have prepared their application well.

You may also want to consider applying for their super visas if you meet the eligibility criteria instead of TRVs
--i have in my mind if something goes wrong and fail this time too then after 6 month i will apply for super visa

Cheers

Thank you for your quick response

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Should i apply for caips notes ? if yes then which for $30 or $60 or $120 ?
Based on your replies, IMO, your parents' have slim chances of TRV approvals because their family ties to Pakistan are not strong + your niece's wedding is 6+ months away and her dad can take care of her wedding arrangements.

You may want to consider applying for a TRV for only one parent first i.e. by indicating the other parent as a dependent family member to return to. If for example, your dad must return to renew the rent agreement then I would suggest that you apply for your mom first (she has weaker ties than your dad).... after she is approved, you can apply for a TRV for your dad by indicating the rent agreement renewal, pension renewal, niece's wedding, etc as reasons.

BTW a rent agreement on plain paper will not be considered as a valid document. Hopefully the rents are paid by cheque or bank transfers + your dad issues rent receipts.

Regardless, do include overseas travel medical insurance policies (not the same as super visa insurance) preferably refundable policies that allow the dates to be changed for a small administrative fee.... for the same dates as their intended visit.

You could post the list of their individual documents if you need more advice for their TRVs