+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for parents

GGGREWAL

Nov 22, 2017
Hi, can any one help me with this
my parents from India applied for TRV for Canada on nov 15th, they got a message with Tracking number and application forwarded to Canada visa office, Chandigarh on 16/11/2017. It was a paper submission. now every time I try to track the file it says file not found. why is it so ?
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, can any one help me with this
my parents from India applied for TRV for Canada on nov 15th, they got a message with Tracking number and application forwarded to Canada visa office, Chandigarh on 16/11/2017. It was a paper submission. now every time I try to track the file it says file not found. why is it so ?
Thanks
Have you linked their paper applications to their online MyCIC accounts? Or are you trying to track their applications on the VFS website?

If you have linked their apps, it is possible that IRCC has not yet started processing their applications. That's why you're getting the 'Application not found' message

GGGREWAL

Nov 22, 2017
hi Bryanna,
I'm checking at VFSglobal.ca , is that where I'm suppose to check ? or is there any other website ?
thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hi Bryanna,
I'm checking at VFSglobal.ca , is that where I'm suppose to check ? or is there any other website ?
thanks
Hi,

No, please don't bother to check on the VFS Global website as you won't see any updates until their passports are dispatched/TRV decisions are made.

You can link their paper application for more updates. Here's how:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Note: You will receive all communication only in this account after you link their applications

Cheers

Reactions: GGGREWAL

GGGREWAL

Nov 22, 2017
Thanks
Please help
When I try to link my account it’s asking for category shall I select Temporary Resident
Subcategory TRV OR Visitor record
As I’m not able to link.
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks
Please help
When I try to link my account it’s asking for category shall I select Temporary Resident
Subcategory TRV OR Visitor record
As I’m not able to link.
Thanks
You must select 'Temporary Resident' >> TRV..... not Visitor Record.

You must enter all details exactly as per the TRV application form

GGGREWAL

Nov 22, 2017
You must select 'Temporary Resident' >> TRV..... not Visitor Record.

You must enter all details exactly as per the TRV application form
hi
I wasn't able to link my parents paper file on cic site.
and they got the message today saying there processed passport has been received from Canada visa office.
how long will it take now to get the passports back through courier ?
and is there any way we can find out there results ?
thanks