+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for parents

sahil raizada

Feb 19, 2015
Hello guys.. i am on open work permit for three years and currently working on a gas station, want to apply for my parents visitor visa. Will you please tell me how can i deal with it. thanks

Feb 11, 2015
Hi Sahil Raizada, To visit USA your parents need B2 Visa. You can check and apply for B2 Visa from >> www dot travel dot state dot gov(U.S Department of State.Bureau of Consular Affairs)
You also need medical insurance for your parents to visit USA. As per the provisions of Obamacare, medical insurance is mandatory for every visitors in US. If your parents will not have medical insurance then they shall be give some penalties. There are lots of insurance companies provide Visitors health insurance. You can check the best plan and get quotes as per your need from here >>www dot buyvisitorsinsurance dot com (travel-insurance-plans/insurance-for-visitors-to-usa-parents-relatives-tourists)

gowkanna

Mar 24, 2014
I have a similar question
Need Suggestions....

My parents had applied for visitor visa last year it was refused because of lack of travel history and funds. However, we tried to go through an agency and some of our paper was not done properly.

My father was a primary applicant and dependent was my mother.

I am planning to apply again I am pregnant and I am due in April. Situations have changed. My mother has good income and she is also active in a group.

I am thinking to apply visa for my parents having my mothers name as a primary applicant and my father as a dependent in this case should I let the officer know that my father applied and it was refused or can I consider this as an fresh application.

Also, I am on my PGWP applied for PR waiting for it. My PGWP expires on October will this be an issue for my parents visa ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am planning to apply again I am pregnant and I am due in April.
Hopefully you won't mention about your mom coming to take care of you or your baby. That could come across like working illegally when she visits.

Situations have changed. My mother has good income and she is also active in a group.
I recommend you go through this forum to understand how to present your mom's strong ties. There's a whole lot more than just good income and being active in a group.

I am thinking to apply visa for my parents having my mothers name as a primary applicant and my father as a dependent in this case
Maybe you should only apply for your mom, not for your dad.

should I let the officer know that my father applied and it was refused or can I consider this as an fresh application.
Failure to declare any previous visa refusals could result in a 5-years misrepresentation ban from entering Canada.

Also, I am on my PGWP applied for PR waiting for it. My PGWP expires on October will this be an issue for my parents visa ?
It is possible that your mom/parents could be issued a single-entry TRV with validity until your PGWP. If you land as a PR before the decision for your parents' TRVs' is made then they could be issued visas of longer validity.

In both cases, approvals would depend on their strong ties + good financial situation (not borrowed/not dependent on you) + purpose of visit

gowkanna

Mar 24, 2014
Hopefully you won't mention about your mom coming to take care of you or your baby. That could come across like working illegally when she visits.

I recommend you go through this forum to understand how to present your mom's strong ties. There's a whole lot more than just good income and being active in a group.

Maybe you should only apply for your mom, not for your dad.

Failure to declare any previous visa refusals could result in a 5-years misrepresentation ban from entering Canada.

It is possible that your mom/parents could be issued a single-entry TRV with validity until your PGWP. If you land as a PR before the decision for your parents' TRVs' is made then they could be issued visas of longer validity.

In both cases, approvals would depend on their strong ties + good financial situation (not borrowed/not dependent on you) + purpose of visit
Thank you, So I can keep my mom as a primary applicant and should I mention that visa was refused earlier fro my father ! in the application there is a tab for visa refusal it is only for principal applicant should I mention this in a letter ?

gowkanna

Mar 24, 2014
Thank you, So I can keep my mom as a primary applicant and should I mention that visa was refused earlier fro my father ! in the application there is a tab for visa refusal it is only for principal applicant should I mention this in a letter ?
No I wont be mentioning the fact that my mom is coming to help me :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If you intend to apply for your dad (which I think you should not in the present circumstances), you really must mention about his previous TRV refusal..... in Question 2 of the Background Information section to be precise.

If you don't mention about his previous TRV refusal, your dad could be banned for 5 years

gowkanna

Mar 24, 2014
If you intend to apply for your dad (which I think you should not in the present circumstances), you really must mention about his previous TRV refusal..... in Question 2 of the Background Information section to be precise.

If you don't mention about his previous TRV refusal, your dad could be banned for 5 years

I was just looking at earlier application it looks like both of parents had applied for travel visa separately got refused... in that case when I apply for them this time should I apply together or separate ? Please advise .......

Fairyland

Nov 9, 2020
Hi dear,

I am in spousal open work permit here and its been a year I am here. I am doing a full time job. Also my younger brother is doing his undergraduate program and he will be completing it on 2022. My mother around 55 years old and I would like to invite her as a visitor in Canada. Do we both need to invite her or only me as I am working and about my brother should be mentioned in Family information form? Please suggest accordingly. Please also see the below points weather those are enough for her application or not.

Cover Letter
1) She is employed.
2) She has savings certificates on her name.
3) She has assets on her name.
4) She pays tax and also has returns on her.
5) She can show CA evaluation report

Invitation Letter
1) I am working so my pay stubs.
2) My NOA.
3) Anything else?

Please suggest weather those documents are enough or not? I am planning to apply for her on January 2021 is it okay ? Will it be refused at this time or only be held for biometric?
Any sample cover and invitation letter would be a great help please suggest accordingly.

raj.nnrps

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
☄Mississauga/Singapore
App. Filed.......
☄Apr 28, 2016
AOR Received.
☄May 19, 2016 / SA Received :☄June 27, 2016
File Transfer...
☄June 29, 2016 / AOR2 Received :☄June 30, 2016 / CSQ Applied :☄July 6, 2016 / CSQ Issuied :☄Aug 31, 2016
Med's Done....
☄Mar 29, 2016 (Upfront) / Asked for PCC : ☄Oct 31, 2016 / PCC Delivered : ☄Nov 9, 2016 /☄ Decision Made: Nov 17, 2016
Interview........
☄ waived
Passport Req..
NOV 18, 2016 / Submitted PP: Dec 11,2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 22,2016 (Received PP on JAN 11,2017)
LANDED..........
☄MAR 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

happy new year, hope everyone had a great holiday.

i am planning to apply for visit visa for my parents and my brother (29).
Can i apply for them from one account where i get to add family member in the form after filling up for primary applicants or should i apply for him from separate account created by gckey?

thank you.