+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents

PW

May 18, 2009
Hello Friends,

I am a resident of Canada since Sept'2007 and my wife joined me in jan'09. I was here for about 3 months in year 2008 and earned about $10,000.00.
We are doing good this year and working permanently. I had a seizure in February but did not told my parents back home as i am the only child and they would have got worried a lot. Now we told them after the initial tests are fine. Now they are worried and wants to see us if we are really doing Ok. My Dad retired as a Senior Govt official and my Mom is a housewife and have a home of their own and owns Car and about $10,000 as bank balance.

They do not have any intentions of staying back here in Canada and will be back before their visa expires as they are more concerned about me and seeing me in good health.

What are the chances of Visitor Visa being granted to them if i send all the medical reports and other required documents.

I am expecting a sincere advise from all of the experienced people.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Regards
PW

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
PW said:
Hello Friends,

I am a resident of Canada since Sept'2007 and my wife joined me in jan'09. I was here for about 3 months in year 2008 and earned about $10,000.00.
We are doing good this year and working permanently. I had a seizure in February but did not told my parents back home as i am the only child and they would have got worried a lot. Now we told them after the initial tests are fine. Now they are worried and wants to see us if we are really doing Ok. My Dad retired as a Senior Govt official and my Mom is a housewife and have a home of their own and owns Car and about $10,000 as bank balance.

They do not have any intentions of staying back here in Canada and will be back before their visa expires as they are more concerned about me and seeing me in good health.

What are the chances of Visitor Visa being granted to them if i send all the medical reports and other required documents.

I am expecting a sincere advise from all of the experienced people.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Regards
PW
- Each and everycase to CIC is dealt with its merit. For this reason, you will never know the result until you try. You may get an idea from different people, but my advise is just try for them with sufficient document and funding.

- For parents' case visitor visa is pretty easy going. Make sure that, you provide enough proof that they have strong ties in their home country. If needed mention each point in your invitation letter. You may devide the letter into 2 parts. For example in the first part, description about your self, your job, your status in Canada, your spouse, your client ID number (this will help them to find your file with CIC), financial documents etc.

In the second part, mention about your parents that your father is a retired government employee, they have property in the country and they will return right after their visit. If they have savings mention about that too. Just incase if your funding is not enough.

Thanks.

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
Go to your memeber of parliament and ask for help to get the visa approved. My brother in law was refused twice from the Philippines. I applied to my MP and the visa was granted but the fee was $200 for recertification of Temporary Visitors Visa. They will need private medical insurance before they are allowed into Canada.

kyu010170

May 27, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009 Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009 NS AOR
AOR Received.
9-06-2009 Buffalo AOR
File Transfer...
Remained in Buffalo
Med's Request
26-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
Most visitor visas are decided more on one's eligibility in securing the visa and not so much on the purpose of the visit. In other words, though there may be very compelling reasons for the visit, your parents' eligiblity will determine whether they will get the visa or not.

It helps their application that they have strong ties to your country and that they are no longer of working ages and will likely not likely look for jobs in Canada at this stage in their lives (retired).

Just make sure their documentation is solid and give it a try. No guarantees but being having prepared the application very well should help them. Send them a letter of invitation detailing your situation in the country.

Good luck.

PW

May 18, 2009
Friends thanks a lot for your suggestions, just one more thing...how much funds do i need to show???

Prompt replies will be highly appreciated.

Thanks all

PW

kyu010170

May 27, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009 Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009 NS AOR
AOR Received.
9-06-2009 Buffalo AOR
File Transfer...
Remained in Buffalo
Med's Request
26-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
PW said:
Friends thanks a lot for your suggestions, just one more thing...how much funds do i need to show???

Prompt replies will be highly appreciated.

Thanks all

PW
I am guessing that amount available should cover airfare and reasonably sufficient pocket money during duration of trip, as a minimum. Of course, the more funds they can show, the better for them.

I've been traveling to Canada as a visitor even before I moved here as student and each time I applied for visitor visa, I just indicated on the space provided, an amount just slightly over my expected travel expenses plus pocket money. Funds in the bank (which may be much, much more than amount available for trip) is a different matter and like you said they have $10,000 in funds and that amount sounds sufficient. Since they also have their own home and a car should more than help to show that they will be coming back home after their trip to see you. But really, we know that there is no guarantee but I think they have a very good chance of securing their visas.

Because each country's visa office has different varying standards to assess eligibility of applicants, it might help you to give your local CIC call center a call to get an idea of what amount would be acceptable.

Good luck.

PW

May 18, 2009
Thanks a lot.....well Good Luck is what all matters the most, so thanks for that.

I really appreciate that.

PW

kyu010170

May 27, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009 Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009 NS AOR
AOR Received.
9-06-2009 Buffalo AOR
File Transfer...
Remained in Buffalo
Med's Request
26-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
PW said:
Thanks a lot.....well Good Luck is what all matters the most, so thanks for that.

I really appreciate that.

PW
I'm happy to help. If you have any further question, just let me know.