+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa For Parents (Waiting for 9 months for result)

Robin12

Apr 18, 2024
Hi,
I am a recent graduate from a Canadian University, and I applied for visitor visa for my parents on August, 2023. I took the invitation letter from my university to add in the visa application. Biometric was completed within a week of applying. Now it is April 2024, and still I did not receive any result regarding this application. I am confused why it is taking so long to get a result. In the IRCC portal, they are not requiring any additional document. I have not given any documents regarding medical exam, and many people who got visitor visa told me medical result does not require to get visa. I have raised web form 3 times regarding this matter, and I was told that the message has been forwarded to responsible office. In this situation, what should I do? Should I cancel this application and applying again, or if there is anything I can do, kindly let me know. Thank you.

Best Regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am a recent graduate from a Canadian University, and I applied for visitor visa for my parents on August, 2023. I took the invitation letter from my university to add in the visa application. Biometric was completed within a week of applying. Now it is April 2024, and still I did not receive any result regarding this application. I am confused why it is taking so long to get a result. In the IRCC portal, they are not requiring any additional document. I have not given any documents regarding medical exam, and many people who got visitor visa told me medical result does not require to get visa. I have raised web form 3 times regarding this matter, and I was told that the message has been forwarded to responsible office. In this situation, what should I do? Should I cancel this application and applying again, or if there is anything I can do, kindly let me know. Thank you.

Best Regards
Where are they from? Did they show ties to return, travel history, their own funds etc.? Not sure of purpose of invite letter from university.