+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents ( Tricky Situation )

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Dear All,
Hope you are doing good. Have queries to apply visit visa for my parents while considering my situation is I am accepted refugee and working as an engineer but I am not yet PR. Still waiting for PR.

1- Do I need to fill out two applications one for mother and one for father to visit me or only one ?
2- My parents have no business or work in my home country while I am well set here and I will finance their visit completely so will it affect their application for visit ? They have all the kids in home country and I am the only one here in Canada.
3- What are the chances of acceptance ?

Waiting for your valuable answers.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. One application listing both of your parents.
2. Yes - this may impact their application since it will be more difficult for them to demonstrate ties. Can they show property ownership?
3. Unfortunately it's likely quite low due to your refugee status in Canada and the fact it doesn't sound like they have strong ties to their home country. But give it a try - you may get lucky.

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Hi,
Thank you for quick reply. Yes my parents have some property in village and they can show the ownership. Secondly my parents are above 60 years and will it also a plus point as compare to youngster ? My income is quite good so should I wait for PR or I should try by considering that my income is good and have good bank statement ? I would also want to apply one of my youngest sister with my parents and she is 23 years. What are the chances for her approval ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
optimistic6 said:
Hi,
Thank you for quick reply. Yes my parents have some property in village and they can show the ownership. Secondly my parents are above 60 years and will it also a plus point as compare to youngster ? My income is quite good so should I wait for PR or I should try by considering that my income is good and have good bank statement ? I would also want to apply one of my youngest sister with my parents and she is 23 years. What are the chances for her approval ?
Their age isn't important. It would be better if they were working and could show full time employment. If they have traveled to other countries where visas were required - this will help. If they haven't really traveled - this will work against them. Ideally they would be able to show that they have the funds to fully pay for their visit. However if they don't - then you can show your funds.

It will probably be more difficult for your sister to obtain a visa than your parents since she is presumably single with no assets. But again, she can certainly try.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
optimistic6 said:
Dear All,
Hope you are doing good. Have queries to apply visit visa for my parents while considering my situation is I am accepted refugee and working as an engineer but I am not yet PR. Still waiting for PR.

1- Do I need to fill out two applications one for mother and one for father to visit me or only one ?
2- My parents have no business or work in my home country while I am well set here and I will finance their visit completely so will it affect their application for visit ? They have all the kids in home country and I am the only one here in Canada.
3- What are the chances of acceptance ?

Waiting for your valuable answers.
This on paper seems destined for a refusal but you never know till you try. The objective issue reason is 'what compels your parents' to return home if they have no business/ work? Land can be sold even if you are not in the country or given to family. If the kids are minors there may be a tiny aspect of ties. The subjective issue is 'the son/daughter claimed refugee status what's to stop the parents doing the same'?. In my opinion you are better off applying for one parent at this time. The family tie will be somewhat stronger on the basis that you are more likely to live (read go back to) with your spouse than your kids (when they are no longer minors). I concur with scylla that adding a sister (with no socio economic ties) to the application just raises yet another red flag - you intend to fly out 3 adults, feed them etc for how long? What's your NOA listed income say averaged out over the last 3 years? When do you apply/acquire PR status - a Super Visa maybe the better option long term.

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
msafiri,
Thank you for detailed visa. I am engineer and my earning is good and I have funds to support them here in Canada at least 6 months but they will stay here only one month. Secondly, as I said they do not have any business or job as they are retired. They age is more than 60. So I just need to think about that how can they show strong ties with country ? I have 2 more sisters and they are living with parents and they are not married yet so that make sense that they will return back for their daughters ? Thanks

Beautyqueenmee

Oct 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
1. One application listing both of your parents.
2. Yes - this may impact their application since it will be more difficult for them to demonstrate ties. Can they show property ownership?
3. Unfortunately it's likely quite low due to your refugee status in Canada and the fact it doesn't sound like they have strong ties to their home country. But give it a try - you may get lucky.
Hi! You seem to have a lot of knowledge on the topic, do you know how the medical insurance works? Do you buy it when filling out the application and send the proof with the application? Or do you wait until the super visa is granted and then buy it? I am confused how that works. Thank you in advance!