+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents - Proof of funds

Aug 27, 2019
Hi,

I'm a Canadian Citizen and I want to sponsor my parents for a visitor visa to visit me and explore Toronto. My dad is the main applicant. He has around 20k CAD and mum has around 9000 CAD in their savings account. They are visiting for 2 weeks. Dad owns a business and my mum is a homemaker.
I want to sponsor the whole trip - I'm submitting my 6 months' bank statements, 6 months' pay stub, employer letter, and last year's NOA (do they require the past 3 years' NOA??). I have around 40k CAD saved in my savings account, Anything else I need to submit? Are they required to submit their proof of funds or will just mine suffice?

Thank you in advance!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I'm a Canadian Citizen and I want to sponsor my parents for a visitor visa to visit me and explore Toronto. My dad is the main applicant. He has around 20k CAD and mum has around 9000 CAD in their savings account. They are visiting for 2 weeks. Dad owns a business and my mum is a homemaker.
I want to sponsor the whole trip - I'm submitting my 6 months' bank statements, 6 months' pay stub, employer letter, and last year's NOA (do they require the past 3 years' NOA??). I have around 40k CAD saved in my savings account, Anything else I need to submit? Are they required to submit their proof of funds or will just mine suffice?

Thank you in advance!
If you want to sponsor them, consider super visa and pay for their insurance. Otherwise, have them provide their bank statements to the visa office.

Reactions: canada_help222

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Thank you in advance!
Visitor visa are primarily based on the visitor’s funds even if you say that you will be paying for the trip. You can include your financial information but your parent’s financial information and proof of ties to their home country is more important so would focus on that.

Reactions: canada_help222
Aug 27, 2019
If you want to sponsor them, consider super visa and pay for their insurance. Otherwise, have them provide their bank statements to the visa office.
Thank you for your reply. I was thinking about supervisa but was just confused in terms of if they are staying for a longer duration - how does that justify their home-ties? As my parents, in general, do not want to stay more than 2-3 weeks due to business obligations. I guess I was just stumped by that and do not want to get a refusal stating weak home ties..