+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for parents -June 2020

nkr1239

Feb 19, 2020
Hi All,

I have applied visitor visa to my mother on June 2020 and waiting for biometrics. I had work permit when I submitted visitor visa application but I got PR now .

Can somebody suggest whether I can withdraw old application and submit new application based on my PR ..please help me the best possible way to bring her to canada.?

Regards,
Kumar

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have applied visitor visa to my mother on June 2020 and waiting for biometrics. I had work permit when I submitted visitor visa application but I got PR now .

Can somebody suggest whether I can withdraw old application and submit new application based on my PR ..please help me the best possible way to bring her to canada.?

Regards,
Kumar
You can update her application with proof of your PR status or withdraw and reapply. Without being able to do biometrics your mother doesn't have many options. Some have flown to Dubai to do their biometrics.

mshergill

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hi, i planning to submit a visitor visa application for my sister .. i am currently living on rent its not a actual lease but just a month to month cash arrangement. Do i need to provide a letter from owner as a premission to stay in place? If you, can someone also help we with formart? Thank you in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, i planning to submit a visitor visa application for my sister .. i am currently living on rent its not a actual lease but just a month to month cash arrangement. Do i need to provide a letter from owner as a premission to stay in place? If you, can someone also help we with formart? Thank you in advance.
She is applying for a visitor visa not you. She has to show that she has the funds to afford a visit, ties to home, job, school etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Whether you are allowed visitors to remain in your apartment is usually based on the terms of your lease. If you don't have a lease ask your landlord. Do you have something like a basement? If not your sister will need to quarantine elsewhere if approved.

mshergill

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Whether you are allowed visitors to remain in your apartment is usually based on the terms of your lease. If you don't have a lease ask your landlord. Do you have something like a basement? If not your sister will need to quarantine elsewhere if approved.
Hi thanks for the reply... yes ita a basement apartment

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, My sister-in-law has two earlier refusal for canadian visa and I planning to submit an explanation letter to address the refusal resaon... can someone please check this and give your comments

Explanation letter for my earlier refusals

My Canada visitor visa application got rejected twice. Once in XY and second time in YY

Reason for Refusal

1. Week financial situation

I would like to state that even though I am a homemaker, I still help in our family business of Mushroom farming. I already attached my bank statement. I have enough funds for air fare and spending in Canada. My sister-in-law will take care of boarding and lodging. I will also make sure to get travel insurance before travelling to tackle any unforeseen health issues. I will promise I will not put any burden on Canadian tax payers.

1. Week ties to home country

I would like to mention that I have a 13 year old son here in India, who will be staying with his grandparents while I am gone to Canada. My husband is currently in Ukraine on work permit. In his absence I have to take care of my Inlaws. All of these are my social obligations and there is no way I can leave my family here in India.

I am requesting to please grant me the Visitor visa to visit my sister-in-law.

Thank you

Regards,
XXXX
So she has two refusals already? When were the refusals as you don’t want to apply again so soon. How long is her intended visit because she says she can’t leave her son or in-laws. She needs her own funds for a visit and funds depends on length of stay. So she is re-submitting with this letter? Are you her brother because why is she visiting a sister-in-law.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Hi All,

Regards,
Kumar
Please advise your application current status
What is the purpose of her visit you gave?
Did your mother get visa?