+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parents, in-laws under same application

dsinghiitp

Jan 19, 2020
We live in Canada. My parents, my wife's parents, and my uncle+aunt are applying for visitor visa for Canada to visit us. One of the option they are thinking about is to apply online together under one umbrella, where each of them will be filling their own application, but paying together. Apparently, they are wondering if they can save the Biometric fee for 6 people, by applying at the same time and place, as a family, by just paying $170 for the whole group, as mentioned here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html#pay-fee.
Their question is, is that possible for such a group, or only immediate family (as per the definition of family mentioned in here (search for 'Family member definitions') are allowed to do that?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We live in Canada. My parents, my wife's parents, and my uncle+aunt are applying for visitor visa for Canada to visit us. One of the option they are thinking about is to apply online together under one umbrella, where each of them will be filling their own application, but paying together. Apparently, they are wondering if they can save the Biometric fee for 6 people, by applying at the same time and place, as a family, by just paying $170 for the whole group, as mentioned here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html#pay-fee.
Their question is, is that possible for such a group, or only immediate family (as per the definition of family mentioned in here (search for 'Family member definitions') are allowed to do that?

Thanks
They must apply separately (three separate application). They can't benefit from combining fees. They are not classified as family.

dhallvikas22

Jan 19, 2020
I am applying for my parents visitor Visa on my husband income behalf.
He is Canadian citizen and I am permanent resident housewife.
My husband has already has his parents super visa and they visited us multiple times.
But now being a housewife, can I apply for parents visitor Visa,does income matters when we apply for visitor Visa as my husband is fine to include his income for the application.
Please help and if anyone has/ had same situation!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am applying for my parents visitor Visa on my husband income behalf.
He is Canadian citizen and I am permanent resident housewife.
My husband has already has his parents super visa and they visited us multiple times.
But now being a housewife, can I apply for parents visitor Visa,does income matters when we apply for visitor Visa as my husband is fine to include his income for the application.
Please help and if anyone has/ had same situation!
Your income doesn't matter if they are applying for a regular TRV. Approval depends on your parents' finances.

dhallvikas22

Jan 19, 2020
My father has business and has owned a house in a big city and my mother is house wife.
They do have assets in their own name and have no intention to stay for longer,just want to see us all. Do you think I should give it a try?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My father has business and has owned a house in a big city and my mother is house wife.
They do have assets in their own name and have no intention to stay for longer,just want to see us all. Do you think I should give it a try?
Sure.