+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parents- applied July 31, 2018

kebib

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi, I am in Canada on an open work permit. I applied for my parents' visitor visa online as they want to visit us in September. Application status for both my mom and dad is " Application in progress-we will send you a message when the review for eligibility starts". I am getting worried. Why is it taking so long to even start reviewing eligibility? Anyone has a similar previous experience or currently going through this situation? Please share your experience.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, I am in Canada on an open work permit. I applied for my parents' visitor visa online as they want to visit us in September. Application status for both my mom and dad is " Application in progress-we will send you a message when the review for eligibility starts". I am getting worried. Why is it taking so long to even start reviewing eligibility? Anyone has a similar previous experience or currently going through this situation? Please share your experience.
When did they apply?

Where did they apply from?

kebib

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Processing times for Nepal must be considered. Their applications will not be considered as in-Canada apps
I agree. Processing time shows 28 business day. However, the reason I am getting nervous is that I would like to have them here for 2 months but based on the posts here, longer the duration of intended visit-lesser the chances? What do you think Bryanna especially for someone like me on open work permit, my husband is on PGWP -we both are working full time.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I agree. Processing time shows 28 business day. However, the reason I am getting nervous is that I would like to have them here for 2 months but based on the posts here, longer the duration of intended visit-lesser the chances? What do you think Bryanna especially for someone like me on open work permit, my husband is on PGWP -we both are working full time.
Generally, we advise stating a visit of 3-4 weeks max. That's because someone wouldn't be able to stay away from their home country for too long if s/he has strong ties.

As you've already applied, you cannot change the application. Their TRV approvals would depend on when your WP is expiring

Hope for the best

kebib

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
My husband's WP is expiring in Sept 2021, mine is expiring Sept 2018 but I will apply for an extension this week. I was waiting for 3 payslips from my husband's work. Well, this is another reason too that worries me. Hopefully, they will get their visas. Finger crossed. Thanks for the quick response.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My husband's WP is expiring in Sept 2021, mine is expiring Sept 2018 but I will apply for an extension this week. I was waiting for 3 payslips from my husband's work. Well, this is another reason too that worries me. Hopefully, they will get their visas. Finger crossed. Thanks for the quick response.
I would not have applied for your parents' TRVs until you had applied for an extension. But, it's done.

Hope for the best

kebib

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
I would not have applied for your parents' TRVs until you had applied for an extension. But, it's done.

Hope for the best
do they not take into consideration the fact that my husband has WP until 2021 and I have my visitor visa extended until 2021? My husband was the primary person to write an invitation letter for my parents that was submitted along with the application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
do they not take into consideration the fact that my husband has WP until 2021 and I have my visitor visa extended until 2021? My husband was the primary person to write an invitation letter for my parents that was submitted along with the application.
The fact that he co-invited them could work in their favor

kebib

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
@Bryanna visa got approved.PPR request received.Flight tickets are extremely expensive right now. If we get multiple entry visa, can my parents come next year summer instead of this year or does it have to be this year?In the application we had mentioned sept 2 to nov 2.
Please advise.Thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna visa got approved.PPR request received.Flight tickets are extremely expensive right now. If we get multiple entry visa, can my parents come next year summer instead of this year or does it have to be this year?In the application we had mentioned sept 2 to nov 2.
Please advise.Thank you.
That's great news. Happy for you and your parents.

The validity of your parents' TRVs would most probably be until your husband's WP expiry. Absolutely no issues if they want to visit next year i.e. they can visit anytime during the validity of their TRVs. Travel plans can change and IRCC understands this