+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents and Sister

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I need help in applying for Visitor Visa for my parents and sister. I am married and me & my husband both are PR and lives in Canada with Permanent Jobs. We came to Canada from India just 7-8 months ago.

Now, I want to get visitor visa for my parents and sister. I am checking the visitor visa application/eligibility questionnaire.
I have few questions if someone could help.

I am filling application from fathers perspective.
1) I have filled my purpose of visit as to meet child and my mother's and sisters purpose as Visit-other types(this is the only option).
2) My father has retired early this year and my mother is a housewife whereas my sister is working. Will this be an issue as parents are not working? My sister can show employment letter and leave letter.
3) My father can show the funds proof to sponsor the trip for all 3 family members and even we can show our salary proof in Canada.
4) What kind of proof my father needs to show about the relationship with the child(me) in Canada?
5) Does my father needs to enter all of siblings details in the forms?
6) What kind of proof he can show as a marriage proof other than marriage certificate because he doesnt have the marriage certificate.
7) What is the format of Invitation letter that I can provide to all of 3 of my family.
8) Is it necessary to provide the Flight tickets ? Because as of now the date is not final.
9) I dont see any requirement of Medical or Medical insurance. Am I missing something ?
10) Is it fine to include my Sisters application along with my parents application ? Or Does it needs to be separate ?

Please guys help I will really appreciate.

Thanks
Silvi

swapscanada

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
21-07-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
16-Feb-2015
1) I have filled my purpose of visit as to meet child and my mother's and sisters purpose as Visit-other types(this is the only option).- That is fine
2) My father has retired early this year and my mother is a housewife whereas my sister is working. Will this be an issue as parents are not working? - It wont be problem, but you should add some documents showing their movable/immovable assets in home country. Even you gather list of documents showing these assets and get the affidavit done from home country and submit it along with other documents.

My sister can show employment letter and leave letter.- This will work.
3) My father can show the funds proof to sponsor the trip for all 3 family members and even we can show our salary proof in Canada.- Yes add your bank statement, T4 Notice of assessment along with it.
4) What kind of proof my father needs to show about the relationship with the child(me) in Canada?- You can attach your passport copy, birth certificate.
5) Does my father needs to enter all of siblings details in the forms? - Yes as far as possible, try to be consistent with future applications.

6) What kind of proof he can show as a marriage proof other than marriage certificate because he doesnt have the marriage certificate.- Affidavit will suffice.
7) What is the format of Invitation letter that I can provide to all of 3 of my family.- You can put it in statutory declaration format available online. Major points like purpose of their visit, your supporting documents list for their visa should be highlighted on the letter.

Hope this helps - all the best!

s.abhinav

Jan 23, 2019
Hi All,
I have a similar situation, where I am planning to Invite my parents and sister. However my sister just started working and she does not have funds to apply separately.
Please let me know if in this case is it a good thing to apply for all the three together?
I am planning for an online application from Canada itself.
Thank you in advance

Pankilshah

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Gujarat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
29-08-2013
Med's Request
22-09-2013
Med's Done....
23-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-10-2013 applied for VISA
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2013 got the VISA
LANDED..........
06-12-2013
Hi All,
I have a similar situation, where I am planning to Invite my parents and sister. However my sister just started working and she does not have funds to apply separately.
Please let me know if in this case is it a good thing to apply for all the three together?
I am planning for an online application from Canada itself.
Thank you in advance
I have similar situation like you have. Are you applying from here (Canada) by your self or they are applying from back home?

Pankilshah

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Gujarat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
29-08-2013
Med's Request
22-09-2013
Med's Done....
23-09-2013